Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we put Jairus Byrd on IR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Should we put Jairus Byrd on IR Reply with quote

Just wondering what would if we put Byrd on Season Ending IR. I think his value come next year would be greatly diminished. I think if his feet issue drags on we should threaten to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably one of the worst ideas i've ever heard. i'm happy you'll never be in a position where your opinion actually mattered.

i can't imagine what type of player would want to play for this team if our front office was composed of the kind of petty, childish and incapable of separating their personal feelings from professional decisions as the "most loyal" of its fan base.

you should place yourself on a 3 game fan suspension. i'm calling Roger Goodell to see what he can do here.

Seriously? Come on, bro, it's a game.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on man...

No.

DubiDo0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OffseasonChamps wrote:
probably one of the worst ideas i've ever heard. i'm happy you'll never be in a position where your opinion actually mattered.

i can't imagine what type of player would want to play for this team if our front office was composed of the kind of petty, childish and incapable of separating their personal feelings from professional decisions as the "most loyal" of its fan base.

you should place yourself on a 3 game fan suspension. i'm calling Roger Goodell to see what he can do here.

Seriously? Come on, bro, it's a game.

I agree. If we want to attract future FA's we want to show we have a classy front office. If Jarius milks this injury the whole season just trade him. He'll be happy...we'll be happy. That's the top priority, imo.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really man? Really?

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
joutman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Byrd Reply with quote

The truth of the matter is that Byrd is playing us. He played much of the last season with the same issue. He didn't get his big payday so he will take his millions and sit while we do nothing. I say if this continues for a couple of more weeks that we put him on injured reserve and watch his value plummet for the next offseason.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's acting like a child.

Treat him like a child.... Stick him in timeout for the year. It's clear he doesn't want to play.

TommyC376^^^
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:

Treat him like a child.... Stick him in timeout for the year. It's clear he doesn't want to play.

Or he is injured and really shouldn't go. Let's hope Da'Norris Searcy has another strong game
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

Or he is injured and really shouldn't go. Let's hope Da'Norris Searcy has another strong game

Mario Williams had 4.5 sacks today with the same injury. Byrd can play through it. He is just looking for another way to hold out without getting fined.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think that seeing this defense perform the way it has so far would make him want to get out there. We're a much better unit than what was out there last year.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're telling me that he was ok to play at a pro bowl level last season. He believes he was the best safety in the NFL. He gets 8 months away from football to heal. Didn't show up for anything during the offseason and somehow they are worse right now than at the end of last season. C'mon man! If he had a new contract he'd be playing. That's a fact.

TommyC376^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: