Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Two GDT: New York Jets @ New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
I'm fortunately/unfortunately going to be catching this game while bar hopping for a good friend of mine's bachelor party....

I'm so pissed this game is on a Thursday; as if we don't have enough trouble with the Pats, we have to take our rookie QB up North on a short week? Really?

I'm just hoping the hotel I'm staying at Thursday night has NFL Network.
JMG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Billy, we can handle our own news from now on.

Shouldn't you be taking classes or working?
THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

I'm praying Kerley plays thursday.

[]_[] Family
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is going to come down to how well the Jets can run the ball, and how well they can stop the run in their sub packages.

Running the ball better than last week is absolutely essential. First, it keeps Brady off the field. Second, it takes pressure off Geno. We all know Belichick eats rookies alive usually, so taking pressure off him is so important.

Stopping the run in sub packages is also important because Brady has never had less weapons to work with, in recent years at least. If the Jets can force Brady into third and long scenarios, he'll be forced to use his depleted weapons, which for the first time in the Rex Ryan era may be a good thing. If Ridley can run wild, the Jets don't stand a chance. Brady's play-action is deadly.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the Dream wrote:
Realistically I don't think we win this game. The only thing I hope for is noticeable improvement from the quarterback. If that's there and we can get to Brady, I think we have a shot. But the key is getting to Brady. We've done it before and seen the benefits. We normally play well against the Pats once a year and I think this may be the time we do it.

Basically all I'm looking for is for us to be competitive against a superior team. Winning would be a bonus but Brady is Brady so...

Patriots 27
Jets 17

Honestly if we get that noticeable improvement you ask for out of the QB then we most definitely can win this game and score over 20 pts.

We need to win the ground game and we'll have a very good shot to pull out the shocking upset.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hill is going to have a good game. This is the game that Hill says I have to carry the O for us to win. Ivory was a very bad pick up which I was mad we got him in the first play. The jets really need a strong fast running back bad. The jets should have claimed John Dwayer from Pitt.

I'm still saying jets win 21-17 by a last second TD to Winslow. Geno is smart and leaves no time on the clock for Brady.

I also think this is the game that Milliner shows he is going to be a great CB by shutting out his guy and making Brady throw to Cro side.

The D will score one TD by a blindside sack by Landry causing Brady to fumble and Harrison picks it up for a 10 yard TD run. The 350 pound man from my alum William Penn has his first TD.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I think Hill is going to have a good game. This is the game that Hill says I have to carry the O for us to win. Ivory was a very bad pick up which I was mad we got him in the first play. The jets really need a strong fast running back bad. The jets should have claimed John Dwayer from Pitt.
I'm still saying jets win 21-17 by a last second TD to Winslow. Geno is smart and leaves no time on the clock for Brady.

I also think this is the game that Milliner shows he is going to be a great CB by shutting out his guy and making Brady throw to Cro side.

The D will score one TD by a blindside sack by Landry causing Brady to fumble and Harrison picks it up for a 10 yard TD run. The 350 pound man from my alum William Penn has his first TD.

Have you ever seen Dwyer play in the NFL? He's nothing special. Chris Ivory has way more talent and speed, he just needs to stay healthy. Our OL needs to vastly improve in the run game, otherwise Geno will have more rough games.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This same Patriots team with considerable more offensive talent lost last year to the Cardinals who had a pretty all around mediocre game offensively. The Pats had actually less turnovers that game. If the Jets can protect the ball and pressure Brady a win is very likely.
jg6041

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
This game is going to come down to how well the Jets can run the ball, and how well they can stop the run in their sub packages.

Running the ball better than last week is absolutely essential. First, it keeps Brady off the field. Second, it takes pressure off Geno. We all know Belichick eats rookies alive usually, so taking pressure off him is so important.

Stopping the run in sub packages is also important because Brady has never had less weapons to work with, in recent years at least. If the Jets can force Brady into third and long scenarios, he'll be forced to use his depleted weapons, which for the first time in the Rex Ryan era may be a good thing. If Ridley can run wild, the Jets don't stand a chance. Brady's play-action is deadly.

I agree with most except the rookie QB thing. It is usually the second time against a rookie NE dominates.
If we can pressure Brady we should be able to hang around.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
famousj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: BELIEVE IN GENO Reply with quote

I hope the Pats are looking at the point spread and taking the Jets lightly. This game will be another test of Geno's leadership in a game on the road under a National audience. I am looking forward to see how Geno handles the bright ligths with a hostile crowd. The defense will be the key to this game. I think the defense should be able to contain the receiving corp and be able to get to Brady on regular basis by blitzing repeatedly throughout the game. Dee Milliner is growing into the starting CB position and should play better.

Jets win this game 20 -17 in overtime. 2 -0 baby.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WR Jeremy Kerley (concussion) officially rule out by #Jets for tomorrow night.

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/377854572863053824

Quote:
Kerley, Sanchez (shoulder), Coples (ankle) only players listed as out. Everyone else is probable. #Jets

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/377854845564112898
Tom Brady Tribute
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk about a running game running is down across the whole NFL. Biggest reason is the limited contact they have during the summer. I think it gets better. Hoody had nothing special against E J last week who played pretty well. I think they stack the box and force Geno to throw, best thing about that is the pats secondary is bad and they got no pass rush from their front 4. The Pats can't cover, so I expect Geno to have easy reads and decent game.

I said it earlier this is about the big guys on D upfront. This will be the game Slick Richardon blows it up....................
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we dont establish the run, Geno will be in trouble

we have to even its 3/4 yards a carry get some type of run game

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

The bright side there being that even when the Pats D has been good against the run the last couple years, it hasn't been nearly as good as the Bucs run D.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
All this talk about a running game running is down across the whole NFL. Biggest reason is the limited contact they have during the summer. I think it gets better. Hoody had nothing special against E J last week who played pretty well. I think they stack the box and force Geno to throw, best thing about that is the pats secondary is bad and they got no pass rush from their front 4. The Pats can't cover, so I expect Geno to have easy reads and decent game.

I said it earlier this is about the big guys on D upfront. This will be the game Slick Richardon blows it up....................

Hoody focused on stopping Spiller and containing Manuel in the pocket. I expect them to employ a similar strategy against the Jets.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

The bright side there being that even when the Pats D has been good against the run the last couple years, it hasn't been nearly as good as the Bucs run D.

the key will be Austin

Colon and Mangold will double team Wilfork to open up a gap if Howard seal his man and Bohanon can lead block then Powell and Ivory can get some yards up the middle

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 7 of 44

Jump to: