Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Two GDT: New York Jets @ New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Billy, we can handle our own news from now on.

Shouldn't you be taking classes or working?

Lol, talk about over-exaggerating reaction to someone posting news, again it's not on me if it's not 100% accurate from a professional reporter.

Anyway, not that i have to say this but since you asked, i do take classes now that I'm out of the army, and trust me, getting a buzz on my phone from my twitter app when one of the 8 followers that i have on my twitter news feed tweets something doesn't distract me from anything.

I have a regular twitter too but i don't get alerts from it.

I don't care about the inaccuracies. I'm just saying we can handle our own news, and we don't need a thread when Scott Solomon is cut, or an update Mark is going to the doctors and changing his headband or something like that. Trying to save you some time so you can get the other teams.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I don't care about the inaccuracies. I'm just saying we can handle our own news, and we don't need a thread when Scott Solomon is cut, or an update Mark is going to the doctors and changing his headband or something like that. Trying to save you some time so you can get the other teams.

See? you're over-exaggerating, it was a thread about Ben Obomanu been signed and i did nothing wrong by posting that, there is no "small news" mega-thread around or i would've posted it there and obviously the other thing you mentioned didn't happen.

If you really don't care for that particular thread just ignore it, clearly the mods felt it should stay up so they disagree with you.
Tom Brady Tribute
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the spread stays +13 I might bet the house on the Jets. Laughing

This is a very winnable game. There's no reason the DL shouldn't have a field day. And the "experts" talk about how Belichick is going to draw up a master defensive gameplan that Geno couldn't dream of facing. #LOLK

When's the last time he's had a great defense?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically I don't think we win this game. The only thing I hope for is noticeable improvement from the quarterback. If that's there and we can get to Brady, I think we have a shot. But the key is getting to Brady. We've done it before and seen the benefits. We normally play well against the Pats once a year and I think this may be the time we do it.

Basically all I'm looking for is for us to be competitive against a superior team. Winning would be a bonus but Brady is Brady so...

Patriots 27
Jets 17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

See? you're over-exaggerating, it was a thread about Ben Obomanu been signed and i did nothing wrong by posting that, there is no "small news" mega-thread around or i would've posted it there and obviously the other thing you mentioned didn't happen.

If you really don't care for that particular thread just ignore it, clearly the mods felt it should stay up so they disagree with you.

You're the one with his panties in a bunch. I was just stating my opinion that speaks for many others in the forum. You go overboard, bro. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how i went overboard at all... by saying that you're exaggerating? which you are?... whatever then.
Tom Brady Tribute
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Not sure how i went overboard at all... by saying that you're exaggerating? which you are?... whatever then.

You haven't noticed the sarcastic posts you get at some of these threads you've been posting for years? A lot of times we have the discussion in other threads when it isn't meaningless. But I'd rather talk Jets-Pats not this crap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

You haven't noticed the sarcastic posts you get at some of these threads you've been posting for years? A lot of times we have the discussion in other threads when it isn't meaningless. But I'd rather talk Jets-Pats not this crap.

Hardly, and like i said, if the mods had any issue with it they would have locked those threads/said something, so they clearly don't share your point of view.

I do agree with you on one thing, that this thread should go back to discussing the Pats/Jets game [which i already said earlier], you are the one who continuing this silly argument for your own purposes.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

...what?

Laughing
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty HAS to take shots this game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Really hope Kerley's concussion is only a mild one and he is able to play on Thursday. He toasted the Pats secondary all game in the first meeting last year. He had 7 catches for 120 yards.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Really hope Kerley's concussion is only a mild one and he is able to play on Thursday. He toasted the Pats secondary all game in the first meeting last year. He had 7 catches for 120 yards.

Toasted isn't exactly a word I'd use to describe a receivers performance...
...but I like it! Laughing

Last edited by ganggreen1102 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jets defensive line can get consistent pressure there's no reason this isn't a winnable game. Kerley out definitely hurts. Hopefully Cumberland can play. If he's healthy, he and Winslow are a good combo in the middle of the field. Good TE's are a young QB's friend.

But Geno showed a nice ability to pick his spots and run. He made some mistakes but overall he was pretty solid in directing the offense. If the defense can get off the field on 3rd down and the offense can at least win the field position battle, no reason it won't be a game.

- Cliff Burton
moham-17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fortunately/unfortunately going to be catching this game while bar hopping for a good friend of mine's bachelor party....

I'm so pissed this game is on a Thursday; as if we don't have enough trouble with the Pats, we have to take our rookie QB up North on a short week? Really?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 6 of 44

Jump to: