Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Two GDT: New York Jets @ New England Patriots
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Week Two GDT: New York Jets @ New England Patriots Reply with quote

@

The New York Jets
(1-0)
at
The New England Patriots(1-0)

Game Information
Day: Thursday
Time: 8:25 ET
Where: Gillette Stadium
TV: NFL Network

vs.

JMG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerley has a concussion Mad

[]_[] Family
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Patriots are more vulnerable for a loss early in the season. Hoepfully our OL blocks better this game and opens up a bit of a run game, let Geno manage the game and not kill them with mistakes. Maybe hit a deep play this game.

Shane Vereen is out for the game, and probably no Gronk. Amendola played hurt too.

If our DL can dominate the front like they did vs the Bucs, I like our chances to contain their offense.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:

That sucks hard. You have to figure Winslow is going to receive a lot of attention from NE.Maybe Holmes can play an increased role, although Idon't like the idea of relying on him for anything. More Spadola too, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
JMG wrote:

That sucks hard. You have to figure Winslow is going to receive a lot of attention from NE.Maybe Holmes can play an increased role, although Idon't like the idea of relying on him for anything. More Spadola too, I guess.

At least he won't have Revis covering him.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
JMG wrote:

At least he won't have Revis covering him.

True. Although, who knows how many snaps Holmes will be willing to play? Maybe the draw of a primetime stage might fire him up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's time for Hill to have that breakout game some of us have been talking about. He owe us after dropping the potential game winner vs the pats last year.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:

Why did he return to the game yesterday?
Bianconero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our F7 will eat Thomas but I feel as though Milliner is going to give up TDs on TDs.

*sigh*

where is darrelle
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
JMG wrote:

Why did he return to the game yesterday?

@RichCimini: Kerley passed in-game concussion test, allowed to return, per team. Passed post-game test. Didn't pass test this AM. #Jets

[]_[] Family
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Our F7 will eat Thomas but I feel as though Milliner is going to give up TDs on TDs.

*sigh*

where is darrelle

I thought Milliner looked good in the second half yesterday.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this is the best shot we have at defeating the Patriots this year, I don't know if we will be able to score enough points to keep up.

Geno and the offense need to be a lot more efficient this week. New England is not going to score 17 points.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well heres the deal in my opinion. After last week, I came away with the fact that our defense is very good up front and at linebacker. We will struggle in the secondary at times this season. Cromartie is a very good corner but not a great one. Dee has a lot of growing to do, and his size is an issue against large tough wide receivers. Landry and Allen are both very underrated in my opinion. I think Antonio is a big asset to stop the run and Landry does a lot of good things in coverage and tackling in the open field. Yeah, he missed the tackle on jackson but part of me thinks that he was trying to rap him up rather than lay him out for a 15 yard personal flag. Obviously there was suppose to be a player on him anyway. I think our defense is solid and will get a lot better when Coples comes back.

For our offense, we have some issues. Geno did as much as he could sunday and his athletic ability to run the ball will be huge this year. Other teams will have opportunities for coverage sacks and if Geno can pull positive yards in those situations, we will benefit drastically. Our wide receivers were mediocre, but Winslow played great. If Cumberland is okay, he will be an asset as well. I honestly suggest that the Jets play more 2 tight end sets because I think without Kerley this week, we may be more talented there. Obviously people want to see some down the field throws and big plays. But dont expect those kind of plays right out of the gate. It will be a process for sure. If the jets can continue to throw for 256 every game, the running game will open up. Once the running game opens up, we will began to see those kind of plays.

So whats our biggest weakness, we all know it, its our offensive line. Look we should not be as worried as I think everyone really is. We played against a VERY talented defensive line this past week and I should say, a very talented defense all around. At times our offensive line looked great in pass protection but it was all about "Inconsistency". People will get on Ducasse but at times he made some very good blocks. In fact, Howard, Ferguson, and Colon had moments where they struggled mightily. But not all the blame goes on the offensive line either. Geno is still learning this offense. There was probably to much going on in his head to slide protection or read the blitz. I cant expect the kid to worry about the playclock, what play hes running, the snap count, the protection, and then reading the whole defense. He will struggle at times and I expect that. Ultimately our offensive line will improve over the season. It will improve because our pass will open up our run and Geno will become more and more comfortable at the line.

As for New England, we are currently +13 according to Vegas. All I can say is, wow. Yeah I wouldnt expect us to be favored or even +3 or +6 but +13 is usually the max spread and I find that kind of ridiculous. The Patriots shot themselves in the foot a lot last week. In my mind that game could have very easily been about 24-0 at the half if the Patriots didnt make mistakes. I think the Patriots will always be a good football team but we match up surprisingly well against them. They rely on there run game a lot now, without that, they do not have the weapons to stretch the field by any means. Our front will be a lot harder for the patriots to contain than the bills. The patriots offense will be with out Gronkowski yet again and they will now be out with Vereen. Thats a significant blow to an offense who is already down on weapons. Thompkins will be shut down by Cromartie. Thompkins struggled big time with his route running last week. The guy flat out stunk. Edelman and Amendola were money for them though. Those will be the two guys they need to shut down. In my opinion, that shouldnt be that hard right? Obviously Brady's no huddle offense will be a problem for us at times but thats true for any young defense.

Our offense should play better this game. The patriots were actually surprisingly good against the run at times against the bills but the biggest problem for them was the pash rush. The patriots had a lot of trouble getting pressure on Manuel. The bills definitely have better weapons than the jets but I think the jets really do have the better line. I think the Jets will benefit from going against such a dominate defensive line in the Buccaneers which will help our offensive line will play better and build confidence. The patriots secondary is definitely worse than last weeks opponent so we should see the game open up as a whole for the jets in the passing game.

In my opinion this game is going to be a lot closer than anyone thinks. In fact I think this might be the best opportunity for the Jets to sneak a win out of the Patriots this year. The Patriots are very young and they are missing some key players. The Patriots will be Patriots though and they will always be tough to beat especially when its opening day in Gillette. Last week, the Jets eeked one out against the Buc's. The media as we can tell seemed to cool down. But not by very much. A win in New England would be the ultimate turning ground for the Jets. Im sure a lot of us will be weary of this game because we just beat the Bucs and I mean come on we are going against THE Patriots.. right? But the Bucs are a very good football team and we will benefit from that experience. Hopefully we carry that momentum into this week and prove all the doubters everywhere wrong. This jets team is a GOOD football team. And "right now" without Brady in consideration, on paper and after week one the jets are a better team than the patriots. The jets will shock everyone this week and I will be there for it.
Idzik4president

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ This guy lol.

The patriots will be tough to beat. Geno needs to be efficient and this game in my mind comes down to Geno. Geno Geno Geno.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Well heres the deal in my opinion. After last week, I came away with the fact that our defense is very good up front and at linebacker. We will struggle in the secondary at times this season. Cromartie is a very good corner but not a great one. Dee has a lot of growing to do, and his size is an issue against large tough wide receivers. Landry and Allen are both very underrated in my opinion. I think Antonio is a big asset to stop the run and Landry does a lot of good things in coverage and tackling in the open field. Yeah, he missed the tackle on jackson but part of me thinks that he was trying to rap him up rather than lay him out for a 15 yard personal flag. Obviously there was suppose to be a player on him anyway. I think our defense is solid and will get a lot better when Coples comes back.

For our offense, we have some issues. Geno did as much as he could sunday and his athletic ability to run the ball will be huge this year. Other teams will have opportunities for coverage sacks and if Geno can pull positive yards in those situations, we will benefit drastically. Our wide receivers were mediocre, but Winslow played great. If Cumberland is okay, he will be an asset as well. I honestly suggest that the Jets play more 2 tight end sets because I think without Kerley this week, we may be more talented there. Obviously people want to see some down the field throws and big plays. But dont expect those kind of plays right out of the gate. It will be a process for sure. If the jets can continue to throw for 256 every game, the running game will open up. Once the running game opens up, we will began to see those kind of plays.

So whats our biggest weakness, we all know it, its our offensive line. Look we should not be as worried as I think everyone really is. We played against a VERY talented defensive line this past week and I should say, a very talented defense all around. At times our offensive line looked great in pass protection but it was all about "Inconsistency". People will get on Ducasse but at times he made some very good blocks. In fact, Howard, Ferguson, and Colon had moments where they struggled mightily. But not all the blame goes on the offensive line either. Geno is still learning this offense. There was probably to much going on in his head to slide protection or read the blitz. I cant expect the kid to worry about the playclock, what play hes running, the snap count, the protection, and then reading the whole defense. He will struggle at times and I expect that. Ultimately our offensive line will improve over the season. It will improve because our pass will open up our run and Geno will become more and more comfortable at the line.

As for New England, we are currently +13 according to Vegas. All I can say is, wow. Yeah I wouldnt expect us to be favored or even +3 or +6 but +13 is usually the max spread and I find that kind of ridiculous. The Patriots shot themselves in the foot a lot last week. In my mind that game could have very easily been about 24-0 at the half if the Patriots didnt make mistakes. I think the Patriots will always be a good football team but we match up surprisingly well against them. They rely on there run game a lot now, without that, they do not have the weapons to stretch the field by any means. Our front will be a lot harder for the patriots to contain than the bills. The patriots offense will be with out Gronkowski yet again and they will now be out with Vereen. Thats a significant blow to an offense who is already down on weapons. Thompkins will be shut down by Cromartie. Thompkins struggled big time with his route running last week. The guy flat out stunk. Edelman and Amendola were money for them though. Those will be the two guys they need to shut down. In my opinion, that shouldnt be that hard right? Obviously Brady's no huddle offense will be a problem for us at times but thats true for any young defense.

Our offense should play better this game. The patriots were actually surprisingly good against the run at times against the bills but the biggest problem for them was the pash rush. The patriots had a lot of trouble getting pressure on Manuel. The bills definitely have better weapons than the jets but I think the jets really do have the better line. I think the Jets will benefit from going against such a dominate defensive line in the Buccaneers which will help our offensive line will play better and build confidence. The patriots secondary is definitely worse than last weeks opponent so we should see the game open up as a whole for the jets in the passing game.

In my opinion this game is going to be a lot closer than anyone thinks. In fact I think this might be the best opportunity for the Jets to sneak a win out of the Patriots this year. The Patriots are very young and they are missing some key players. The Patriots will be Patriots though and they will always be tough to beat especially when its opening day in Gillette. Last week, the Jets eeked one out against the Buc's. The media as we can tell seemed to cool down. But not by very much. A win in New England would be the ultimate turning ground for the Jets. Im sure a lot of us will be weary of this game because we just beat the Bucs and I mean come on we are going against THE Patriots.. right? But the Bucs are a very good football team and we will benefit from that experience. Hopefully we carry that momentum into this week and prove all the doubters everywhere wrong. This jets team is a GOOD football team. And "right now" without Brady in consideration, on paper and after week one the jets are a better team than the patriots. The jets will shock everyone this week and I will be there for it.

I agree with a lot of your points. I do believe we match up well with them but I still don't trust our Safeties. I think Brady will pick us apart so we need our front 7 the dominate the line again and get pressure. If Tampa had a halfway decent QB I think we lose yesterdays game.

I'm not overly concerned with our offensive line because we went up against a really good line. This week should be a little easier especially cause the Pats pass defense is significantly worse than the Bucs. Unfortunately the Patriots won't make the bone head mistakes that Tampa all game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: