Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coverage Metrics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 15517
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newman has been playing lights out. Mays played better than the numbers indicate...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5381
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long were the big ones against Jones? He always seems to be a half step behind, but looked foolish on the long play down the sideline.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5837
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Newman has been playing lights out. Mays played better than the numbers indicate...


its crazy how he has shut down people. I cant expect him to continue to play this well towards the end of the season given his age... Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cowboyscowboys


Joined: 22 May 2006
Posts: 1213
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newman played way better in the 2nd half of last season so hopefully he plays similar this season. I want to see his 35 year old behind in another pro bowl.
_________________
Favorite Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Toronto Blue Jays
St.Louis Blues
Golden St. Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 1553
Location: IU
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Newman has been playing lights out. Mays played better than the numbers indicate...


3 for 5, only 30 something yards. I'd say the numbers look well for Mays too. We have to remember it was against Brady and they like quick routes targeting LBs and ITB Safeties.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 23610
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 6 vs Bills

Terrence Newman

Targets 6
Completions 3
Yards 60
TDs 1
PDs 1

Adam Jones

Targets 8
Completions 4
Yards 76

Leon Hall

Targets 4
Completions 3
Yards 11
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 15517
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Week 6 vs Bills

Terrence Newman

Targets 6
Completions 3
Yards 60
TDs 1
PDs 1

Adam Jones

Targets 8
Completions 4
Yards 76

Leon Hall

Targets 4
Completions 3
Yards 11


Same old story, Newman playing well (That 1 deep ball killed him though), Adam Jones sucking and Leon Hall balling.

Hall is playing great right now...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5381
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Week 6 vs Bills

Terrence Newman

Targets 6
Completions 3
Yards 60
TDs 1
PDs 1

Adam Jones

Targets 8
Completions 4
Yards 76

Leon Hall

Targets 4
Completions 3
Yards 11


Same old story, Newman playing well (That 1 deep ball killed him though), Adam Jones sucking and Leon Hall balling.

Hall is playing great right now...


While i agree, it isn't fair to give Newman a pass on his long one and not Jones on his. Adam is still a step late way too often though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 23610
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and the point in the game that Newman got beat was absolutely unacceptable. Jones is just not playing as well as he did last year, but Hall is a top 3 CB this season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 22818
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought newman played better than those numbers said. That TD was brutal because it wasnt just burnt toast, it was an idiotic decision to let him get deep when you know they need a TD
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 23610
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I thought newman played better than those numbers said. That TD was brutal because it wasnt just burnt toast, it was an idiotic decision to let him get deep when you know they need a TD


Well, majority of the yards came off one play so that's why it looks like he played better than the stats indicate.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 22818
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
I thought newman played better than those numbers said. That TD was brutal because it wasnt just burnt toast, it was an idiotic decision to let him get deep when you know they need a TD


Well, majority of the yards came off one play so that's why it looks like he played better than the stats indicate.


True, Leon Hall has been a stud this year. Would love to see Kirkpatrick get some reps outside instead of Jones
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cowboyscowboys


Joined: 22 May 2006
Posts: 1213
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That TD Newman gave up was pathetic on his end. Considering the siuation and the WR he was covering.
_________________
Favorite Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Toronto Blue Jays
St.Louis Blues
Golden St. Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 22818
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyscowboys wrote:
That TD Newman gave up was pathetic on his end. Considering the siuation and the WR he was covering.


Agreed. Complete mental mistake, but he has played great beyond that
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 23610
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 7 vs Lions

Terrence Newman

Targets 9
Completions 7
Yards 93
1 Penalty

Adam Jones

Targets 3
Completions 1
Yards 6

Leon Hall

Targets 3
Completions 1
Yards 8

Dre Kirkpatrick

Targets 3
Completions 3
Yards 43
TDs 1

Taylor Mays

Targets 5
Completions 1
Yards 6
PDs 2

A rough game for Newman and he's certainly had a few of them this season, but overall has played well.

So bummed that Hall is gone for the season as he was playing out of his mind.

But Taylor Mays? Shocked Shocked Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group