Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots workout DE Andre Carter
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
samgurl775


Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 11419
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011 just flashed before my eyes.
_________________

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23146
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Oh gosh, there are way too many stupid people in the world.

Quote:
If the Pats bring back Andre Carter is that saying they don't have much faith in chandler Jones progress? That's what I would read into it.


(Comment sent into PatsPropaganda)


If they sign Carter, it could mean that they're planning on using Jones inside more in their 4-2-5
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15730
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
If they sign Carter, it could mean that they're planning on using Jones inside more in their 4-2-5
Yep, I completely agree. That's something I've wanted to see for a while. His length alone gives him a huge advantage over almost every guard in the NFL. If he gets the hang of getting his arms up, he could probably knock down half as many passes as Watt, which is good enough for me Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9040
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
If they sign Carter, it could mean that they're planning on using Jones inside more in their 4-2-5
Yep, I completely agree. That's something I've wanted to see for a while. His length alone gives him a huge advantage over almost every guard in the NFL. If he gets the hang of getting his arms up, he could probably knock down half as many passes as Watt, which is good enough for me Laughing


What are their arm lengths and verticals do you know?
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23146
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Sciz wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
If they sign Carter, it could mean that they're planning on using Jones inside more in their 4-2-5
Yep, I completely agree. That's something I've wanted to see for a while. His length alone gives him a huge advantage over almost every guard in the NFL. If he gets the hang of getting his arms up, he could probably knock down half as many passes as Watt, which is good enough for me Laughing


What are their arm lengths and verticals do you know?


Jones 35.5 inch arms, 35.0 inch vert

Watt 34.0 inch arms, 37.0 inch vert
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12419
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Couldn't be any worse than Thompkins


Agreed, Thompkins is a lousy DE.

He hasn't even had a chance. Give him some time and he'll be beating OTs round edge racking up sacks.

He just wants to focus on WR for now. First game jitters are done he's been humbled and now he's ready lay smack down. TB you doubted Avery now Thompkins and they're both going to shut you up.

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Oh gosh, there are way too many stupid people in the world.

Quote:
If the Pats bring back Andre Carter is that saying they don't have much faith in chandler Jones progress? That's what I would read into it.


(Comment sent into PatsPropaganda)


If they sign Carter, it could mean that they're planning on using Jones inside more in their 4-2-5

Not much depth there right now. Collins got no snaps and I think they're using him more as OLB. And Buchanan isn't much of a subpackage rusher right now though I think he can be a good player in the future. I still think if Francis gets healthy he'll be back.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheNutGronker


Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 1539
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered...what entirely does a "workout" entail? What does the team do when they workout a player? Do they make him do cone drills, shuttles, run around, jump, tackle, etc or do they just pretty much toss him on a treadmill and check his heart rate?
_________________

2013 Adopt-a-Patriot: Rob "Is Wayne Brady Gonna Have To" Ninkovich
Tackles: 14 Sacks: 0 TFL: 2 FR: 1 FF: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 10049
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Couldn't be any worse than Thompkins


Agreed, Thompkins is a lousy DE.


If he's not better there than at WR, we are in trouble


Yes, Thompkins is a terrible WR too. They should just cut him.


/s?


McMurtry is just using heavy obvious sarcasm the past couple of days, due to almost everyone over-reacting to things.


Well we have had people saying Thompkins should be benched or perhaps cut and Ridley doesn't belong in the NFL so....

Oh, and the Patriots have one of the worst offenses in franchise history with Vereen out. Franchise. History.


When mcmurtry uses sarcasm it's fine and people are stupid for not noticing, but when I use sarcasm then 'oh, he's being serious and he knows nothing.'

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group