Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 - All 22 Observations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard differing opinions on the performance of Beadles this game. I do not have all-22 film, but I was overall unimpressed with his play this game which was depressing after how much he has improved over the past few years. It seems he regressed to the poor techniques he displayed his rookie year, which I find odd as I was impressed with him during preseason.

To his defense, it seemed like most double-teams were handled by Manny and Vasquez whereas Beadles was sometimes left alone to handle Ngata which is an extremely difficult task.

Any comments regarding Beadles?
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaver wrote:
I have heard differing opinions on the performance of Beadles this game. I do not have all-22 film, but I was overall unimpressed with his play this game which was depressing after how much he has improved over the past few years. It seems he regressed to the poor techniques he displayed his rookie year, which I find odd as I was impressed with him during preseason.

To his defense, it seemed like most double-teams were handled by Manny and Vasquez whereas Beadles was sometimes left alone to handle Ngata which is an extremely difficult task.

Any comments regarding Beadles?

Ramirez split time double teaming DTs with the two guards, favoring Vasquez most of the time. While singled up on a DT (mainly Ngata and Canty), Beadles has instances where he was tossed aside easily. He did a better job in the run game, looking good getting out in front on pulling assignments. Not a great showing.

*Edit: FWIW, Beadles was surrendered 1 QB sack, 1 QB hit, and 3 QB hurries, according to PFF. Vasquez and Ramirez surrendered zero pressures.

In the Baltimore game, I would say Vasquez was the better guard.

Last edited by hibdib31 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, AKRNA and lomaxgr!

I love watching the coaches film on these games, and it makes it even more interesting when I'm given an assignment to study. Keep the requests coming and I'll gladly dive in!
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, you've painted a pretty good picture for me. I know Manny gets a lot of hate, but not from me. I thought his improvement last year from start to finish was amazing. I'll bet we see the same this year at a new position. Also, I love the strength he brings to the OL interior.

Sounds like Vasquez is as advertised, Beadles still can't anchor, Cladys not fully ready and Franklin is fairly solid. By the way, how'd Orlando look against their speed rushers? He was showing some pretty good improvement in that area last year.

Love your responses guys! This stuff is great!
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beadles was our worst lineman, but honestly, it didn't help that he was singled on Ngata all day. Ngata is arguably the best DT in the league.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Well guys, you've painted a pretty good picture for me. I know Manny gets a lot of hate, but not from me. I thought his improvement last year from start to finish was amazing. I'll bet we see the same this year at a new position. Also, I love the strength he brings to the OL interior.

Sounds like Vasquez is as advertised, Beadles still can't anchor, Cladys not fully ready and Franklin is fairly solid. By the way, how'd Orlando look against their speed rushers? He was showing some pretty good improvement in that area last year.

Love your responses guys! This stuff is great!

Others will disagree with me. But Franklin was our worst OL this game. He might have only given up 1 sack, but he is responsible for other sacks as well. The sack Clady gave up was mostly on Franklin for getting beat by Dumervil on a speed rush, Manning had to move away (straight into Suggs).
Beadles got beat bad by Canty in the end of the 3rd round for a sack, some of that blame should go on Ramirez for being in no mans land and not helping anyone but Beadles was surely beat. He also got pushed back a few times by Ngata causing QB hurry's.
I still think Franklin was the worst of the bunch followed by Beadles, then Ramirez.

I'm going to watch all of our offensive possessions again and I will let you know my count on hurries/sacks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the 1st half and I was wrong on my previous post. I only looked at offensive possessions and only counted if there was a QBH (QB Hurry) or Hit on QB or a sack or if poor run blocking. Here are my findings:

1st quarter
1st possession:
Clady Wiffs on suggs (13:05)
Julius terrible protection QBH (12:19)
2nd possession:
Beadles on skates pushed back by Ngata QBH (5:40)
Clady also beat by speed rush of Suggs QBH (5:40)
Clady beat by Doom on Run Blocking (5:07)
Clady beat by Doom QBH (3:52)

2nd Quarter
2nd possession
Ramirez beat bad by Ngata swim move on run blocking (TFL) (14:16)
2nd possession
Beadles beat by speed rush Canty, hit on QB (11:40)
3rd possesion
Ramirez beat by Ngata run blocking (7:46)
4th possession
Franklin bull rushed by Doom pushed Peyton into Suggs who was being blocked by Clady Sack, (4:00)

I'll get the second half up in an hour or so.

OK: the second half was much cleaner than the 1st half for the Oline so not as many details but here they are.

3rd Quarter
1st Possession
Doom Splits Franklin and JT SACK (15:00)
3rd Possession
Beadles bull rushed by Ngata QBH (8:40)
4th Possession
Beadles beat by Canty swim move SACK (4:02)

4th Quarter
1st Possession
Doom bull rushes Franklin QBH (14:20)

So after watching again if I were ranking our Oline on the negative plays I would rank them (best to worst)
1 - Vasquez
2 - Ramirez
3 - Franklin
4 - Clady
5 - Beadles
Keep in mind that Clady had the toughest matchup most of the night, but after watching game 1 I was extremely impressed with Vasquez. Ramirez didn't have very many negative plays but there were a few that he could have helped out when he wasn't covered by a man.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about to watch the 4th quarter, but those OL rankings are the exact same as mine through 3 quarters, Jonny.

MUFC OK
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th Quarter Notes:

Kayvon Webster playing for DRC in the 4th quarter early on.

Sly played a fair bit on the Ravens 1st drive of the 4th quarter, and was largely ineffective.

Kayvon beat by a nice pitch and toss on that Brown TD. Kayvon looking a little leggy on this drive to be honest.

On our 1st drive after the 4th quarter TD, we ran our first two plays out of a 3 TE set (Tamme the 3rd TE) with Ball in the backfield. Two runs for 9 yards - clearly we see Ball as our closer.

On the failed 3rd and 1, I actually think Ball tried hitting it up in the OL too soon. He didn't give it time for a crease to develop and just ran into bodies.

Webster still in for DRC with 9 mins left in the 4th.

Lovely swim move by Ayers in between LG and LT to get a hit on Flacco. Play goes for a 1st down after Ihenacho misses a tackle for no gain.

DRC back in following the Demaryius TD off the WR screen.

My Best 3 players:

3. Louis Vasquez - He was practically flawless. Strong in the run game, safe as houses in the pass game.

2. Kevin Vickerson - My pick is swayed based on what I saw as the key to the game. If you let the Ravens run the ball then take shots off play action you are in trouble. Big Vick was awesome in the run game in the 1st 3 quarters.

1. Peyton Manning - All 22 really shows just how good he is. I found 2 passes where I think Peyton should have gone somewhere else. 2. in 40 odd pass attempts. Scary.

My 3 Worst players:

3. Ryan Clady - rough night for Clady, against both Suggs and Dumervil. He struggled with Suggs' power and struggled with getting low enough to get under Dumervil. Rust still a factor.

2. Zane Beadles - Tough assignment against Canty and Ngata, and it is a credit to him that our coaching staff trusted him 1v1, but he struggled badly. I still like him as a pulling Guard in the run game, but he can't get powerful DT's off the ball by himself like Vasquez. He will play better than this going forward, no doubt.

1. Eric Decker - Nothing needs to be said after looking at his stats. 3 drops (I think), 1 fumble, 1 dropped TD and 1 OPI. Ouch.

MUFC OK
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really is good stuff fellas....thx. Looking forward to future game analysis.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done watching the Dallas/NY Giants game. I focused in on the interior defensive line play to follow up on the offensive line review done above.

In this game, NY used a steady rotation of defensive tackles and it appeared to keep them fresh. They played with high energy and made some plays by out hustling the Dallas interior offensive line.

The three main players on the interior for New York were Linval Joseph (97), Cullen Jenkins (99), and Shaun Rogers (95). Each guys brought a different factor: Joseph is relentless with high energy, Jenkins has a quick swim and penetrates quickly, and Rogers is a load in the middle who you better double or he will push back any 1v1.

The DTs frequently lined up on the center's shoulders and shot the gap to command a double team with the guards. This allowed the DEs to get 1v1 matchups with the tackles. Occasionally, Jenkins would stunt over the LG to free up an inside rush with Justin Tuck. Beadles and Clady will need to communicate this week.

The nickle defensive line was JPP-Tuck-Jenkins-Kiwanuka. Tuck looked good rushing from the inside and even dropped into coverage from this formation a couple times.

The Giants didn't utilize many blitzes against Dallas, opting to use their pass rushers and out work the Dallas offensive line. Dallas did a fair job on the interior, but I would say NY looked to have won the trenches.

Denver will need to be quicker on the interior this week, as the NYG pass rushers are faster off the snap than the Baltimore interior and play with high-intensity. Had this game been in Denver, it may have played to the Broncos advantage in the second half, but Denver will need to match the intensity to neutralize the penetration in the Meadowlands. I would have Ramirez double with Beadles against Jenkins to avoid a quick swim move pressure, and have Vasquez man up with Joseph.
roar2014

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Just got done watching the Dallas/NY Giants game. I focused in on the interior defensive line play to follow up on the offensive line review done above.

In this game, NY used a steady rotation of defensive tackles and it appeared to keep them fresh. They played with high energy and made some plays by out hustling the Dallas interior offensive line.

The three main players on the interior for New York were Linval Joseph (97), Cullen Jenkins (99), and Shaun Rogers (95). Each guys brought a different factor: Joseph is relentless with high energy, Jenkins has a quick swim and penetrates quickly, and Rogers is a load in the middle who you better double or he will push back any 1v1.

The DTs frequently lined up on the center's shoulders and shot the gap to command a double team with the guards. This allowed the DEs to get 1v1 matchups with the tackles. Occasionally, Jenkins would stunt over the LG to free up an inside rush with Justin Tuck. Beadles and Clady will need to communicate this week.

The nickle defensive line was JPP-Tuck-Jenkins-Kiwanuka. Tuck looked good rushing from the inside and even dropped into coverage from this formation a couple times.

The Giants didn't utilize many blitzes against Dallas, opting to use their pass rushers and out work the Dallas offensive line. Dallas did a fair job on the interior, but I would say NY looked to have won the trenches.

Denver will need to be quicker on the interior this week, as the NYG pass rushers are faster off the snap than the Baltimore interior and play with high-intensity. Had this game been in Denver, it may have played to the Broncos advantage in the second half, but Denver will need to match the intensity to neutralize the penetration in the Meadowlands. I would have Ramirez double with Beadles against Jenkins to avoid a quick swim move pressure, and have Vasquez man up with Joseph.

Great write-ups hibdib31. Really appreciate it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: