Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick question on jay cutler ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bosko1616

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Quick question on jay cutler ? Reply with quote

I drafted cutler in my fantasy league but i was just wondering with a new coach in town. Could the bears be looking for a new qb at the end of the year. Typically new coaches like to bring in their own guy. Now don't kill me I'm just curious on the value jay cutler has. if they decided to move on. Now I'm a browns fan so with his strong arm and his work in cold weather. It would be nice to see what Norv could do with him. Like i said just a question not trolling or anything. Just wanted to get your guys thoughts on it. I'm just dreaming lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler has really bought into what Trestman is doing and they have a working relationship going all the way back to before Cutler was draft as he worked with Trestman one on one...I would be very surprised if Jay isn't resigned.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a make or break year cor Cutler. I think if he does not perform this year the Bears will look to go a diffrent direction at the QB position

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
18att for 78 yards 4.3avg. HALL OF FAME!
bosko1616

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Cutler has really bought into what Trestman is doing and they have a working relationship going all the way back to before Cutler was draft as he worked with Trestman one on one...I would be very surprised if Jay isn't resigned.

Gotcha I was just wondering if there was any chance of a qb change. And cutler looking for a new contract so i was just curious on your guys thoughts. He's one of my favorite qbs. Ridiculously strong arm. Thought he would take that step into the elite category last year but he has all the attributes to be a great qb.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Its a make or break year cor Cutler. I think if he does not perform this year the Bears will look to go a diffrent direction at the QB position

So what you guys think his value is in a trade or contract if he were to not be resigned ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Gotcha I was just wondering if there was any chance of a qb change. And cutler looking for a new contract so i was just curious on your guys thoughts. He's one of my favorite qbs. Ridiculously strong arm. Thought he would take that step into the elite category last year but he has all the attributes to be a great qb.

He never stood a chance with Tice as OC…this year he has Trestman not only designing but calling the plays and an OC in Aaron Kromer who coming over from the Saints understands how important it is to keep the QB upright…add in 4 new Oline starters and Martellus Bennett to the weapons we already had and this is the year he will take a step forward…if as I expect he is resigned for next season he will become elite in year 2 of this offence.
Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, let me pour some B&B into my coffee. If the Bears trade Cutler...Wait...if they draft another college guy...oopsie..some Irish Mist got into the B&B...why is Cutler going to the Browns? Shocked
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

So what you guys think his value is in a trade or contract if he were to not be resigned ?

Cutler won't be traded during the middle of the year, but if he were, it would certainly be for more than Carson Palmer got several years back. 2 1sts and a 3rd. I'd say he's looking at a contract between 12-18 million.
I would agree this is a make or break year for Cutler on this team, but he's expressed disappointment having to learn a new offense every year, which he has 3 of the last 4 years. I don't see it being an ideal situation for the Browns if he had to learn a 4th in 5 years. I would say your better off drafting someone for Norv to groom.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
bosko1616

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Wait, let me pour some B&B into my coffee. If the Bears trade Cutler...Wait...if they draft another college guy...oopsie..some Irish Mist got into the B&B...why is Cutler going to the Browns? Shocked

Lol I was just speaking hypothetically. I'm a browns fan and a fan of cutler so it's more of a dream. I was saying if he was available for trade what would his value be. Or if we could offer him a contract what would the numbers look like. I think he has all the tools to be an elite QB in this league but with his past inconsistency in play calling and decision making. I'm just wondering if you guys think there could be a change at the QB position with a new coach and all. But as the last two posts suggest that he has a really good work relationship and grasp of the offense with trestman it doesn't sound like he's going any where.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

This is how most view it. I like Cutler, but he definitely has to prove some things this year. The Offensive Line is a lot more solid now as well. He really needs to take us where we want to go.
kurtatx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

Where are they going to go? Half the teams in football don't have a quarterback. The value of a starting quarterback is just too high. It's a make or break year for Cutler maybe if he is horrible, but the "make" side has got to be pretty lenient.
kurtatx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody513 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

This is how most view it. I like Cutler, but he definitely has to prove some things this year. The Offensive Line is a lot more solid now as well. He really needs to take us where we want to go.

So would you say week one is the type of game that gets Cutler the new contract?
ForteOz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtatx wrote:
cody513 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

So would you say week one is the type of game that gets Cutler the new contract?

Yes, emphatically. Did you watch the game?
cody513

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
kurtatx wrote:
cody513 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

Yeah, he played much better in the 2nd half. 1st half had a hard time getting anything going really. Not going to base too much off of Week 1. Just got to keep building and getting better every week.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody513 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
kurtatx wrote:
cody513 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

Yeah, he played much better in the 2nd half. 1st half had a hard time getting anything going really. Not going to base too much off of Week 1. Just got to keep building and getting better every week.

What were your expectations for the first half?
From my perspective I wanted to see two things: Cutler standing up at the end of the play, and no dumb picks (which, IMO are closely related). This was week 1 of a brand new offense, with a brand new line, against a damn good defense. Way better than anything we had seen in the preseason.

What we needed to do was build these guys' confidence and find out what we have on that line and get Jay to spread the ball around to whoever was open. We did exactly that, and the training wheels came off a bit for the second half.

If you expected us to come out slinging it all over the field, then you were probably disappointed. But if you heard Trestman talk about his goals for the offense, the number one thing he emphasized was protecting the football. Once the offense proved they could do that, and a big part of protecting the football is keeping your quarterback clean, then we saw a different plan of attack.

What would have been disastrous, was starting out run for 3, sack, strip sack change of possession. That happens and who knows how the rest of the game shakes out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: