Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT:San Francisco 49ers 1-0 @ Seadderall Pedhawks 1-0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who takes it?
Pete the Cheat Carroll
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Jim Harbaugh
75%
 75%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 33

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
BangBang wrote:
OVER/UNDER:

Times announcers will throw out the beloved "work ethic" when talking about Russell Wilson // 4

Times we hear about Marshawn Lynch's tackle-breaking prowess // 5

Times Russell Wilson runs around in circles and throws up a prayer to Golden Tate that is caught for a key first down // 3

Times we hear about our Week 16 matchup from last year // 12
Doug Baldwin. Pretty spot on everywhere else though.

Man oh man have I missed my Forty Whiner smack talking.

How many points do you all think you'll score this time around?

Razz

More than the Chokehawks Razz
I'd rather be the better team and choke than be the worse team overall.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I'll be honest, I thought Pete was an idiot for picking Wilson over Flynn for the starting job. And, for the first four games or so, I thought I was right. Boy, was I wrong. Crow isn't too bad with some pico de gallo.

He was sacked only 33 times last year with a pretty suspect offensive line. His ability to evade in the backfield is almost magical. He seems to use his size to his advantage. Low center of gravity, ducks down, spins around, and he's quick. On the wet field last year, we just couldn't get to him. We had multiple guys unblocked going after him, but just couldn't get to him.

I expect a different game than the one we just played. We've had success running the ball on Seattle and hopefully we continue that. Seattle's secondary is pretty top notch. I don't want to see us trying to force anything through the air if we don't have to.

Our tackling has to be better in this game. And, if we can't manage our clock at home, it's not going to be a pretty sight up there in Seattle. This has to be addressed.

Hopefully, our receivers don't get mauled without a penalty thrown....again. Harbaugh will go nuts.

Not very confident this game and if we lose, it's going to sting even more so because they'll be up a game on us. And, oh lordy, will we be hearing it all week.

I knew Russell was going to be a solid QB, and absolutely hated that the Seahawks got him. Now, I can never like him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like our chances to win this game. Playing in the loudest stadium in football is just a pain in the neck for any pre snap communication/shifting. A silent count won't make a huge difference in my mind. It's going to be tough for Harbs to manage his timeouts at the risk of avoiding too many delay of game penalties.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
BangBang wrote:
OVER/UNDER:

Times announcers will throw out the beloved "work ethic" when talking about Russell Wilson // 4

Times Russell Wilson runs around in circles and throws up a prayer to Golden Tate that is caught for a key first down // 3

Razz

I was expecting a pic from last years Atlanta game.

What do you feel is your weakest position group?

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
gridirongorilla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
little worried about our running game coming into this

I'm mostly concerned with our clock management. How many delay of games did we have yeterday? How many time outs did we have to burn to prevent a delay of game? It was a sloppy game over-all and we were kind of lucky to squeak out a win.

If we can't fix that this week we are doomed with that crowd noise.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
BangBang wrote:
OVER/UNDER:

Razz

I was expecting a pic from last years Atlanta game.

What do you feel is your weakest position group?

Same position group as last year....kicker. Laughing...... Sad

But aside from that, WR depth behind Boldin. If we can't get a run game going, I doubt we have a good chance against you guys.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Same position group as last year....kicker. Laughing...... Sad

But aside from that, WR depth behind Boldin. If we can't get a run game going, I doubt we have a good chance against you guys.
Shoulda used that first rounder on a kicker instead of that scrub you got. Wink

Good luck fellas. I'm sure I'll pop in here a bit leading up to te game to keep you all in check.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
I'll be honest, I thought Pete was an idiot for picking Wilson over Flynn for the starting job. And, for the first four games or so, I thought I was right. Boy, was I wrong. Crow isn't too bad with some pico de gallo.

He was sacked only 33 times last year with a pretty suspect offensive line. His ability to evade in the backfield is almost magical. He seems to use his size to his advantage. Low center of gravity, ducks down, spins around, and he's quick. On the wet field last year, we just couldn't get to him. We had multiple guys unblocked going after him, but just couldn't get to him.

I expect a different game than the one we just played. We've had success running the ball on Seattle and hopefully we continue that. Seattle's secondary is pretty top notch. I don't want to see us trying to force anything through the air if we don't have to.

Our tackling has to be better in this game. And, if we can't manage our clock at home, it's not going to be a pretty sight up there in Seattle. This has to be addressed.

Hopefully, our receivers don't get mauled without a penalty thrown....again. Harbaugh will go nuts.

Not very confident this game and if we lose, it's going to sting even more so because they'll be up a game on us. And, oh lordy, will we be hearing it all week.

I knew Russell was going to be a solid QB, and absolutely hated that the Seahawks got him. Now, I can never like him.

I was at the car vs seattle game and a fan in front of me said this right after seattle got the ball after a punt: "Wilson can't drive the field so no worries." needless to say, seattle went on to score the game winning TD...
Rejuvenation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here comes my least favorite match-up of the season. Only one more to go after this one. Rolling Eyes

The game is in Seattle so I'll give it to the Seahawks. Plus with our current poor tackling form that doesn't bode well against a team that is going to be consistently physical most of the game.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rejuvenation wrote:
Well here comes my least favorite match-up of the season. Only one more to go after this one. Rolling Eyes

The game is in Seattle so I'll give it to the Seahawks. Plus with our current poor tackling form that doesn't bode well against a team that is going to be consistently physical most of the game.

Well, we have a healthy J. Smith this time so maybe that will be the difference maker. Like everyone has said, we will need to do a better job at tackling if we want to win this game.

I think if Browner and Cliff sits out again, it would help us out. I haven't heard anything about Browner but it looks like Cliff will suit up for this one.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawson disappointed all of us missing that 48 yard FG, but he should be great rest of the way. Andy Lee had a terrible game for his standards as well. Dawson still doesn't make me nervous like Akers did for every attempt past 40 yards Laughing .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Dawson disappointed all of us missing that 48 yard FG, but he should be great rest of the way. Andy Lee had a terrible game for his standards as well. Dawson still doesn't make me nervous like Akers did for every attempt past 40 yards Laughing .

Akers forever scarred me... I'll never be comfortable during a field goal ever again.
tiger9er08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gridirongorilla wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:
little worried about our running game coming into this

I'm mostly concerned with our clock management. How many delay of games did we have yeterday? How many time outs did we have to burn to prevent a delay of game? It was a sloppy game over-all and we were kind of lucky to squeak out a win.

If we can't fix that this week we are doomed with that crowd noise.

Yea I noticed that a lot too I didn't understand why we had so many delay of game penalties, especially being the home team.
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still very angry this is a Sunday night game. Why do we keep playing primetime games at their home? Its already hard enough to beat them there. Gosh I hate that team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Im still very angry this is a Sunday night game. Why do we keep playing primetime games at their home? Its already hard enough to beat them there. Gosh I hate that team.

Well, they played us at their place on Primetime last year as well. I'm fine with it as we are fresh and just played at home. Obviously the crowd will be amped, but that would have happened regardless.

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35

Jump to: