Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT:San Francisco 49ers 1-0 @ Seadderall Pedhawks 1-0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who takes it?
Pete the Cheat Carroll
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Jim Harbaugh
75%
 75%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 33

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Week 2 GDT:San Francisco 49ers 1-0 @ Seadderall Pedhawks 1-0 Reply with quote

Seadderall Pedhawks vs San Francisco 49ers

Keys to the game:

Clock management - My goodness, are we horrible at this. We had a rough time at home, and with only three timeouts, you can expect at least 3 delay of games on Sunday night.

Keep Wilson in check - He ran around the backfield last time, and we just could not get him down. Their o-line doesn't look that strong this year, so we need to take advantage of that.

TACKLE!!!! - We were horrid at tackling against the Packers, and that needs to be fixed. Otherwise, Wilson and Lynch will have a field day.

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
BangBang

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OVER/UNDER:

Times announcers will throw out the beloved "work ethic" when talking about Russell Wilson // 4

Times we hear about Marshawn Lynch's tackle-breaking prowess // 5

Times Russell Wilson runs around in circles and throws up a prayer to Golden Tate that is caught for a key first down // 3

Times we hear about our Week 16 matchup from last year // 12
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
OVER/UNDER:

Times announcers will throw out the beloved "work ethic" when talking about Russell Wilson // 4

Times Russell Wilson runs around in circles and throws up a prayer to Golden Tate that is caught for a key first down // 3

Doug Baldwin. Pretty spot on everywhere else though.

Man oh man have I missed my Forty Whiner smack talking.

How many points do you all think you'll score this time around?

Razz

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
tiger9er08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little worried about our running game coming into this
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
BangBang wrote:
OVER/UNDER:

Razz

More than the Chokehawks Razz

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
BangBang wrote:
OVER/UNDER:

Razz

I'd rather be the better team and choke than be the worse team overall.

Yeah that might sting a little.

Maybe this will ease your pain.

Did i say ease?

I meant make it worse.

Twisted Evil

Here comes the BOOM

Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I thought Pete was an idiot for picking Wilson over Flynn for the starting job. And, for the first four games or so, I thought I was right. Boy, was I wrong. Crow isn't too bad with some pico de gallo.

He was sacked only 33 times last year with a pretty suspect offensive line. His ability to evade in the backfield is almost magical. He seems to use his size to his advantage. Low center of gravity, ducks down, spins around, and he's quick. On the wet field last year, we just couldn't get to him. We had multiple guys unblocked going after him, but just couldn't get to him.

I expect a different game than the one we just played. We've had success running the ball on Seattle and hopefully we continue that. Seattle's secondary is pretty top notch. I don't want to see us trying to force anything through the air if we don't have to.

Our tackling has to be better in this game. And, if we can't manage our clock at home, it's not going to be a pretty sight up there in Seattle. This has to be addressed.

Hopefully, our receivers don't get mauled without a penalty thrown....again. Harbaugh will go nuts.

Not very confident this game and if we lose, it's going to sting even more so because they'll be up a game on us. And, oh lordy, will we be hearing it all week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
BangBang wrote:
OVER/UNDER:

Razz

And I'd rather be the defending NFC conference and West division champions than be nothing at all.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:

More points than you guys managed to scrape against the almighty Panthers, I'd say.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfan16 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
BangBang wrote:
OVER/UNDER:

Razz

And I'd rather be the defending NFC conference and West division champions than be nothing at all.
Agreed. You better hope and pray that you successfully defend it again. You've got two teams in this division rising fast to getcha.

It'll be a fun ride.

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

More points than you guys managed to scrape against the almighty Panthers, I'd say.
Them Panthers are scary doe.

And our o-line is dreadful. Ha.

I'm nervous about Sunday but at the same time not really. If it was in SF I wouldn't feel confident at all.

But we played a Sunday night game in Seattle last year and we all know how that turned out. Both teams are bringing players they had at last years game minus two key DB's for you guys. Reid played well yesterday but he isn't Goldson yet. Not having Culliver has to hurt as well.

I'm pumped to see the hard hitting and hope for a cometitive game.

BangBang

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear if another Seahawks fan complains about their "terrible O-Line"...
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have this game now than later in the season like last year. Get the toughest game on the schedule out of the way early so we have a chance to make up for a potential loss later in the season.

These first two games are huge. We needed to beat the packers because I have this weird feeling we will be tied or a game in front/behind the packers at the end of the year. Beating them ensures the head to head tie breaker. I just feel like the 49ers and Packers will have the top two records in the NFC, beating them really helps.

Beating the Seahawks in Seattle would be amazing. Get the toughest game out of the game and into the win column. Facing them in San Fran is still a scary task but a more manageable one than on the road. If we can go 2-0 in the first two games I would feel really good about controlling our destiny this year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, there is no shame about the Seahawks squeaking by the Panthers at their place. It is very difficult as we know for a WC team to win against a EC team in the morning game. Now, we haven't been too bad the last two years, but overall the odds are against the WC teams. The Panthers front 7 is also damn good and completely shut the Seahawks run game down for the most part. Unfortunately Beast Mode owns us and has gone over 100 yards in the last three meetings.

Last year we got hit in the mouth early and just couldn't recover. The team was beat up and the entire game plan was thrown out once the score was 21-0. It was basically the perfect storm for the Seahawks. Still, this game should be very competitive and I have all the respect in the world for Russell Wilson. We just can't bring that guy down even when we get there. Aldon Smith had two sacks alluded by Wilson and he extends plays with the best of them. This meeting should look more so like the first one of last year, than the one we saw in week 16.

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Honestly, there is no shame about the Seahawks squeaking by the Panthers at their place. It is very difficult as we know for a WC team to win against a EC team in the morning game. Now, we haven't been too bad the last two years, but overall the odds are against the WC teams. The Panthers front 7 is also damn good and completely shut the Seahawks run game down for the most part. Unfortunately Beast Mode owns us and has gone over 100 yards in the last three meetings.

Last year we got hit in the mouth early and just couldn't recover. The team was beat up and the entire game plan was thrown our once the score was 21-0. It was basically the perfect storm for the Seahawks. Still, this game should be very competitive and I have all the respect in the world for Russell Wilson. We just can't bring that guy down even when we get there. Aldon Smith had two sacks alluded by Wilson and he extends plays with the best of them. This meeting should look more so like the first one of last year, than the one we saw in week 16.

+1. I'm not putting too much stock in the Seahawks game. It can be tough to do that. Theyre still the seahawks and quite possibly the best and deepest team in the conference (neck and neck with us I say), and the last time we played, they made us look like the Jaguars. They punched us in the mouth and we crumbled. Granted; no Justin Smith, Aldon was a shell, we were coming off a cross country trip from a very frenetic and hard fought game against the pats, but a beat down is still a beat down. Wilson is the real deal, and the seahawks are very similar to us in the way they play. This will be a brawler.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: