Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Miami at Indianapolis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few bad plays I noticed...

Almost every snap Clabo played, both pass and run blocking was terrible. We can't run to the right side. Most of our big runs were run to the left side.

Nolan Carroll had a decent game, but he had one play when the FB was split out wide on like a 3rd and 5 and he gave the guy like a 10 yard cushion. That's a mental error. Why on God's green earth would you give a guy who is a true FB, not a TE hybrid type a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 5? Situational awareness needs to be better than that.

Dion Jordan's game of pattycake with Luck, but I think he somehow thought Luck had already thrown the ball? That's one of the things I dislike about the late hit on the QB penalty garbage.

Daniel Thomas had a pass blocking attempt where he was one on one with a blitzing LB coming right up the middle. And for some reason he decides to give the guy a love tap before he clobbers Tannehill. It was like he didn't even try??

Grimes didn't just get beat on the deep ball to TY. He got beat in man to man coverage on a deep crossing route too. If he had not gotten that INT, we would all be talking about what a terrible game he had.

Lot's of positives though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

Grimes didn't just get beat on the deep ball to TY. He got beat in man to man coverage on a deep crossing route too. If he had not gotten that INT, we would all be talking about what a terrible game he had.

Lot's of positives though.

Grimes got beat once....the crossing route was suppose to have Safety help....and the one he got beat on the sidelines was just an amazing play by Hilton...you couldn't have asked for better position. He almost had a second pick...he also received a +4.9 from PFF...the highest of any player in the game...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other observations:

1. Coyle is getting some flack today, but he id exactly what he should have. The statistics show that Luck is at his best when being blitzed. He makes plays with his feet and then turns them into big gains with the extra time he buys, and he has receivers who can beat people one on one. Not only did he not blitz very often, but it appears for the most part he had our D line playing lane assignments. That makes it harder to spin and fake outside only to come inside, etc. Considering all of that, our D-line was pretty solid, and a scrambling Luck was rarely able to make a big play with his feet or arm. One thing I did like, was the stunts we ran on Dion Jordan's side once they were playing catch up. Dion has the elite athleticism to best guys to the inside. In particular after Donald Thomas went down and they had a backup LG. Jordan should have had a huge sack doing it which would give him 2 in his first 2 games. We held one of the top 10 QB's in the NFL to a QB rating of 79.7!

2. I can only remember one bad pass Tanny made all game, and it was a good decision, the pass was just a little off the mark. I'm sure there were a couple of others too, but none that stand out to me.

3. Sturgis was a huge part of this win. That guy is just money. We won't even know what to do with ourselves when he finally misses a field goal.

4. The 2-0 start is especially good since our team has so many new pieces and young players. The assumption would be that we should get better as the year progresses, and so far that has happened. I honestly think starting with the first preseason game, both our offense and our defense has been steadily getting better. If that continues, then we will be a very good team by year end.

5. Not only are we 2-0, but other than losing Keller in the preseason, we have had no major injuries. Patterson and Davis should both be back next week. Soliai appeared to be fine, but might be limited this week in practice. The Falcons lost 5 starters to injury during their last game, so some could be gone next week too. Meantime, we should get a couple of guys back healthy.

6. Now that we won this game, these next two games are not as important. We could lose them both and if we beat Baltimore, we are still in great position for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DolphWins wrote:
2-0?

LMAO.... thats great.

Very glad to be wrong on my pregame prediction. So many positives. Only concern is Clabo. WTH is going on there?
Pickle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of Clabo bashing, he didn't have a good game but he put the key block on the defender when Mike Wallace scored

Sig: Ivana001
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickle wrote:
A lot of Clabo bashing, he didn't have a good game but he put the key block on the defender when Mike Wallace scored

Both Oliver Vernon and the Great Cameron Wake had worse games...(if you go by PFF)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Pickle wrote:

Both Oliver Vernon and the Great Cameron Wake had worse games...(if you go by PFF)
Cameron Wake was invisible aside from his failed attempt to bring Luck down for a sack.

Sig: Ivana001
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Falcons can't be too pleased about having to come to our house for the home opener at this point.

FF Member #67
Warpticon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to call that game. On one hand, who's stopping Julio? On the other hand, Dolphins at home + hobbled Roddy + Falcons' tackles being revolving doors so far this season.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Hard to call that game. On one hand, who's stopping Julio? On the other hand, Dolphins at home + hobbled Roddy + Falcons' tackles being revolving doors so far this season.

Last season I would have said no way in hell they win this one.

Before game one of this season I might have said they could possibly win if everyone plays perfect..

Now I think the Dolphins can hang with Atlanta...and give this a 50/50 chance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Pickle wrote:

This is where I think PFF fell short. I personally believe the roles of Miami's defensive ends changed this week. I don't think they wanted them making a B-line to the QB. They wanted containment, and for the most part they got it. And I don't think the Colts run game was a major focus of the game plan either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Good win. WAs shaky in a few places (still hate the interior OL) but Tannehill looked good, and the defense held at the end which is good to see after last year.

2-0!!!!!!!

Just curious why you think our OTs are better than the interior OL? Pouncey / Incognito have been the only good OL these past two games and Clabo has given up 3 sacks in two games. Martin gave up 2 I believe.

By my count Thomas has been responsible for 2, Miller for 1, and Jerry for 1.

I'm about to suck it up and go buy a subscription to PFF Laughing Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of these numbers.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Pickle wrote:

This is where I think PFF fell short. I personally believe the roles of Miami's defensive ends changed this week. I don't think they wanted them making a B-line to the QB. They wanted containment, and for the most part they got it. And I don't think the Colts run game was a major focus of the game plan either.

I think you're right. Containment on Luck only failed a couple times, up the middle. Dude is like Roethlisberger; hard as hell to pull down.

We'll see what happens this week against the Falcons. Ryan is not mobile like Luck is and supposedly their OTs are sub-par. I'll have to watch their past couple games on Rewind.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Dolphins getting a little love (at least from Peter King...)

From his top 15 teams...
Quote:
5. Miami (2-0). Excellent start for the Dolphins, with two road wins. Miami has had the best defense in football over the first two weeks, with nine sacks and foes completing just 53 percent of their passes. And Ryan Tannehillís been efficient, completing 65 percent of his throws and keeping the chains moving.

From his players of the week
Quote:
Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami. Others had gaudier numbers (three quarterbacks had 400-yard passing days), but Tannehill showed how much heís maturing as a pro quarterback in pulling off the 24-20 upset at 2012 playoff team Indianapolis. He went 23 of 34 for 319 yards and a touchdown, with no interceptions. He led 58-, 80- and 69-yard touchdown drives. The No. 8 pick in the 2012 draft outplayed the No. 1 (Andrew Luck) in passer rating, 107.4-79.7, and on the scoreboard.
The first King QUOTE is why I am a little confused why people are being hard on the defense from yesterday. Yes they made mistakes and could have been better but this day and age of the NFL teams are throwing it all over the yard and scoring points at a high rate. We held the colts in there place on turf to 20 points
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing that I haven't seen mentioned is Jordan Cameron and Colby Fleener tearing us up. Don't like seeing us struggling covering TEs again.

Cameron and Fleener:
13 catches on 21 targets (62%) 177 yards (13.6 per) 2 TD (and Fleener had another that was called back)

Especially with Gonzalez and Graham on the schedule the next two weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: