Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Miami at Indianapolis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealMetalFan wrote:
SUG wrote:
I wanna know why our pass rush looked so frickin docile today against an arguably inferior Oline than Cle.

sug

Luck has much better pocket presence than Weeden, but yeah, we didn't get as much pressure this week.

I might be wrong here but ...
To me:
1). I didn't see any preasure on Luck in the 1st half
2). The good QBs in this league welcome the blitz & Luck pretty much exploited the secondary when we did.
3). What the hell is up w Dion Jordan anyways ?
When he's in he's PUNKING Joe Thomas & todays LOT !
Why the hell are we not pass rushing w 4 guys including Wake & Jordan !?!?

Our Def should have dominated today.

sug
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense did okay/good on the road against a high-powered offense with a mobile QB. Remember our #2, #4 and #5 CBs were out today.

I think Grimes has been playing absolutely lights out. Hard to fault him from his one mistake when it was really a great play by the WR. He certainly recovered nicely.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
RealMetalFan wrote:
SUG wrote:
I wanna know why our pass rush looked so frickin docile today against an arguably inferior Oline than Cle.

sug

Luck has much better pocket presence than Weeden, but yeah, we didn't get as much pressure this week.

I might be wrong here but ...
To me:
1). I didn't see any preasure on Luck in the 1st half
2). The good QBs in this league welcome the blitz & Luck pretty much exploited the secondary when we did.
3). What the hell is up w Dion Jordan anyways ?
When he's in he's PUNKING Joe Thomas & todays LOT !
Why the hell are we not pass rushing w 4 guys including Wake & Jordan !?!?

Our Def should have dominated today.

sug

1) Again...they had 3 sacks (should of had 4) and about 3 or 4 hits...it wasn't great pressure, but decent.
2) exploited? Maybe, but overall the played pretty well considering one of the starters was out....Luck is a damn good QB.
3) most of Jordan's pressure came up the middle today....he's not a full time starter because he can't set the edge.

The defense played well when it mattered....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
RealMetalFan wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

Might've been playing Luck differently given his ability to escape the pocket and make plays with his legs. Managed 3 sacks but only 1 was big-time (the 4th down sack in the 4th quarter).

Grimes got beat on the one big catch down the right sideline because he thought the ball was going to drop right into his hands. Later in the game, similar pass to the same WR and he jumped to deflect. I liked that.

Carroll did *drumroll* pretty okay. Almost good.

Jimmy Wilson sucked.

LBers had good numbers but got beat in coverage quite a few times. Did okay. They were constantly chop-blocked when blitzing, frustrating to watch.

Clabo was the worst OL two weeks in a row.

Howdy CD, hi everyone
Ya know ..... several of us were left scratching our heads when we selected D. Jordan.
Not an Olinemen but yet another Dlinemen when we already had an arsenal !

I can tell you what we'll be drafting next year ...

sug
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
I thought that love tap by Jordan was eventually going to cost us big time in the game. If the Colts would've scored on that drive, it would've been the bonehead play of the week.

I felt the same way.

Not 100% sure but it looked like the pump fake by Luck made Jordan think he got rid of the ball and he pulled up on the hit to avoid a penalty, but of course Luck still had the ball.
Pickle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wallace should be feeling good

Sig: Ivana001
thejoz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the type of game that has caused a lot of consternation and frustration for fans over the years, because it's been the type of game we "could" have won, but often found ways to lose.

I honestly kind of thought it was safer to pick the Colts as the winners in a close game, because it would not have stung quite as bad.

But I was pleasantly surprised by Miami's ability to finish the game and earn the W.

Was it the best way they could have done it? I'd say no. But was it a weak, "a W is a W, let's move on" type of win? I'd also say no. It was a solid win, with a lot of things to hang one's hat on.

The lack of pressure bothers me a little bit, however the ability to show some semblance of a running game, the firing up of the Tannehill/Wallace connection early, Charles Clay having a bit of a breakout game, and the rock solid effectiveness of The Sturge...

Looking forward to winning the home opener next week! Cool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win. WAs shaky in a few places (still hate the interior OL) but Tannehill looked good, and the defense held at the end which is good to see after last year.

2-0!!!!!!!

Nacho Simulation Football League
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a solid win IMO. The defense looked shaky and had some opportunities to get to luck. In the end they came up clutch and sealed the victory. Grimes so far has played lights out. Came up big with the int .

Tannehill and the offense looked good at the beginning. It was a good battle that I could see turning into manning vs Brady caliber later on. I think we saw how the running game is going to look which is good because it gets the job done enough for us to run the play action and be successful.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
RealMetalFan wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

Might've been playing Luck differently given his ability to escape the pocket and make plays with his legs. Managed 3 sacks but only 1 was big-time (the 4th down sack in the 4th quarter).

Grimes got beat on the one big catch down the right sideline because he thought the ball was going to drop right into his hands. Later in the game, similar pass to the same WR and he jumped to deflect. I liked that.

Carroll did *drumroll* pretty okay. Almost good.

Jimmy Wilson sucked.

LBers had good numbers but got beat in coverage quite a few times. Did okay. They were constantly chop-blocked when blitzing, frustrating to watch.

Clabo was the worst OL two weeks in a row.

Howdy CD, hi everyone
Ya know ..... several of us were left scratching our heads when we selected D. Jordan.
Not an Olinemen but yet another Dlinemen when we already had an arsenal !

I can tell you what we'll be drafting next year ...

sug

I have railed against the moving up to select him from the beginning. I'm at the point now where ts just another SMH move by Ireland in the draft process.

As far as the game goes :

1.) Sturgis is money. The Colts attempt to ice the rookie was a big fail.
2.) Coyle showed me nothing as a coordinator in this game. His blitzing plan only enabled Luck. He showed nothing game plan wise on how to negate the TE.
3.) Smart move would be to lock up Grimes for three more years. Anchor one CB position let the others fight for who plays opposite him.
4.) Mike Wallace showed why he is worth the contract he got.
5.) Brian Hartline is beyond solid, beyond dependable.
6.) We now have a good chance to make the playoffs. According to NFL statistics teams that start 2-0 have a 63% chance to make the playoffs.
7) Looking at the schedule no opponent looks as tough as they did before the season started.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 10, Tackles 10 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 9 : Death 27 Joe 34
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts...

Arrow Tannehill is making a believer out of me. The guy (with [inappropriate/removed] line play) has been nothing short but exceptional the first 2 weeks of the season. He's even making Clay look like a pro-bowler. If he keeps this up this team will be in the play-offs. IT is amazing what quality QB play can do....

Arrow Wallace is a much better receiver then I think he gets credit for. He only really ran one deep route and embarrassed his corner with his fake. His route running is better then I anticipated and he has very solid hands. As for the other WR's....Hartline is freaking magical on the sidelines...it is so routine for him, but his ability to make those catches is not something most WR can do. Missed seeing GIbson do much, but he stilled managed to pick up a 1st down and it looks Clay filled in his role. In the end the Dolphins have 4 very good receiving threats for Tannehill to go to.

Arrow Pass Rush could have been better, but it also looked like they were spying Luck to make sure he didn't just take off to pick up 1st downs. Still 3 sacks and several other hits on Luck isn't bad.

Arrow Brent Grimes in phenomenal.

Arrow The O-line is needs lots of work....I would not be surprised if there are three new starters next season.

In the end....this team is good....winning the division is a strong possibility as well as a 11 or more win season. Next week will be the most telling to see where this team really is, but if they pull out a win vs. The Falcons I think we can legitimately discuss playoffs this season as a reality.

Fins Up!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

sug

Not trying to discredit you guys, but Mitchell Schwartz and O'niel Cousins (was a little better) got absolutely destroyed again today vs Baltimore. These guys just don't know what they're doing and our offense is in for a LONG year. Also like someone said, Luck actually knows what he's doing.

Congrats on the win though.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

Not trying to discredit you guys, but Mitchell Schwartz and O'niel Cousins (was a little better) got absolutely destroyed again today vs Baltimore. These guys just don't know what they're doing and our offense is in for a LONG year. Also like someone said, Luck actually knows what he's doing.

Congrats on the win though.

The Colts o-line isn't inferior....they may not have a Joe Thomas, but they spent a good deal of money upgrading it. The Dolphins still had 3 sack of Luck and several other hurries and QB hits.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Thoughts...

Arrow Tannehill is making a believer out of me. The guy (with [inappropriate/removed] line play) has been nothing short but exceptional the first 2 weeks of the season. He's even making Clay look like a pro-bowler. If he keeps this up this team will be in the play-offs. IT is amazing what quality QB play can do....

Arrow Wallace is a much better receiver then I think he gets credit for. He only really ran one deep route and embarrassed his corner with his fake. His route running is better then I anticipated and he has very solid hands. As for the other WR's....Hartline is freaking magical on the sidelines...it is so routine for him, but his ability to make those catches is not something most WR can do. Missed seeing GIbson do much, but he stilled managed to pick up a 1st down and it looks Clay filled in his role. In the end the Dolphins have 4 very good receiving threats for Tannehill to go to.

Fins Up!!!!!

Hartline is deadly on comebacks and out routes.

#TeamMeowgatron
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins getting a little love (at least from Peter King...)

From his top 15 teams...
Quote:
5. Miami (2-0). Excellent start for the Dolphins, with two road wins. Miami has had the best defense in football over the first two weeks, with nine sacks and foes completing just 53 percent of their passes. And Ryan Tannehillís been efficient, completing 65 percent of his throws and keeping the chains moving.

From his players of the week
Quote:
Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami. Others had gaudier numbers (three quarterbacks had 400-yard passing days), but Tannehill showed how much heís maturing as a pro quarterback in pulling off the 24-20 upset at 2012 playoff team Indianapolis. He went 23 of 34 for 319 yards and a touchdown, with no interceptions. He led 58-, 80- and 69-yard touchdown drives. The No. 8 pick in the 2012 draft outplayed the No. 1 (Andrew Luck) in passer rating, 107.4-79.7, and on the scoreboard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: