Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Miami at Indianapolis
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Week 2 GDT: Miami at Indianapolis Reply with quote

Alright boys and Girls...its week two and right now the Phins are tied for the division lead. Up next those pesky Colts....lead by the Golden Child himself...Andrew Luck. This is the second meeting between the Chosen one and our consolation prize QB. Last week was a nice start but there are still question to be answered...

Questions of the Week

Will this guy continue to dominate?

Will this fella continue to show growth and win games?

Can this group get their [inappropriate/removed] together to actually produce something that looks like a running game?

Will this morose young man be apart of the game plan?

Find out Sunday.....Same Dolphin Time....Same Dolphins Channel.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had our chances to beat them there last year and somewhat outplayed them so I am confident heading into this game. The colts are a hard team for me to grasp last year they played on a emotional high. They were one good throw from losing at home to the raiders yesterday.

I think this is a game that will be a test for our secondary hopefully we can get some guys healthy.

We put some decent pressure on him last year but he was so good at buying that extra second hopefully we can wrap him up this time.
ChosenOne3188

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we will be fine offensively, but I do not know how we will do on defense. With the Colts being a pass first offense, it plays in their favor against us. I think the main factor in this game will be our coverage. I think Grimes will be able to keep Wayne under control, but will the rest of our secondary be able to keep up with the other speedy WRs that the colts have?

I think this game will turn into a shoot out. My homer prediction would be for the Dolphins to win 38-35.....so I'll stick with that Wink

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
thejoz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Week 1, I kind of penciled this game in as a L for Miami.

However, after watching the performance of Miami's defense, and seeing the Colts have to actually work to beat the Raiders...it has me almost wanting to be optimistic.

Of course, when I am too optimistic with the Dolphins, they end up disappointing me, so...

I kind of see this as a close loss as opposed to a big one.

I'd be very happy to be wrong, however.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am really excited to watch this game. It's like christmas in september. Mayweather vs Canelo on Sat, the phins and colts on sunday.

Things I expect to see.

1. Expect Wake to have a TE over him on every passing down. After this performance the Colts are too smart to leave him 1 on 1 with the RT. I think this will really help the defense, because the TE won't be running freely down the field on every play. Wake should still walk away with a sack. IF the Colts think that Luck can handle the pressure and don't double team Wake, I expect another 2 or 3 sack game for Wake.

2. Wallace will have a big game. Tannehill will listen to his complaints, and will take some shots down the field. Wallace should be able to make at least one huge gain. The Colts will also put more pressure on Hartline, and this should free up Wallace, especially on third down.

3. I think we will use the shotgun again for 90% of the plays. Tannehill is really effective from it, so I don't see any reason to change.

4. As we saw last year, Luck can be forced into poor throws. IF the defense can put pressure, we might be able to hold them to 21 points. It will be up to the offense to out score them, which is doable.

I predict a 3 touchdown 3 field goal performance from the phins. With the game winning FG at the end of the game. Colts score every time they are in the red zone, 4 TD's no FG's.

Phins 30, Colts 28
Pickle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts are the type of team that we need to jump on early and keep our foot on the accelerator. If the score is close near the end then I fear Andrew Luck's magic to win a game on the final minutes/seconds.

Sig: Ivana001
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going full homer/optimistic mode....I know it will bite me in the [inappropriate/removed], but screw it....

Tannehill plays like the QB we hope he would become. I see three Touchdown passes and one running. Wallace gets into the mix finally and shows why the Phins paid him....Hartline stays consistant and doubles his 2012 TD total by scoring yet again. The run game still struggles, but manages more then 35 inches per rush.

Defensively...with special attention being paid to Wake....Vernon Joins the sack party as the last Defensive end to finally get a sack. I don't see another 3 int performance, but I do see at least 1 and a fumble recovery.

31 - 17 Phins....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I can say is if we somehow managed to pull this game out the buzz heading into the home opener vs the Falcons would be a buzz that hasn't been felt in awhile.
candyman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the Colts play against the Raiders, Im not as scared of this matchup. While Luck is an excellent player and capable of leading a Colts win against any team in the NFL, the rest of the team showed some problems, that Miami can possibly exploit.

Their Oline struggled in pass protection, allowing pressure all day long, including 4 sacks, to a line formed with castoffs like Jason Hunter, Pat Sims and Vance Walker. If Miami can consistently pressure Luck and try to force him into 3 step drops (Like Weeden yesterday), we can limit the number of big plays, especially long completions to T.Y. Hilton and Wayne, that killed us last year.

Their defense struggled as well, allowing the Raiders to run for more than 170 yards (although to be fair, most of them were from Pryor running during broken plays), but more important is the fact that the Colts only managed to get one sack against arguably the worst line in football (Khalif Barnes and Tony Pashos were the starting tackles). The Colts defensive problems, could allow the Dolphins to mask some of their Oline issues, as well as try to get the running game involved.

I believe the Dolphins are the type of team that can cause Indi problems, hounding Luck and doing enough on offense to win the game.

I predict a 24-17 Miami win.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called this a win in the prediction thread, and I stand by it. Though the running game problems a week ago make me uncomfortable, watching Indy vs the Raiders makes me more confident in my pick. Luck is very good, and he will make plays when it looks like we've got him. But the Dolphins should be able to move on the Colt defense, and the defense will keep it close.

I would expect a game plan similar to the one against Cleveland: Stuff the run, turn their offense one-dimensional, and send everybody...with the primary difference being the quality of quarterback and receivers. On the other side, though, Indy's defense should be much, much easier to move on than Cleveland's was, particularly in the running game.

Last edited by Warpticon on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game can be won by the Dolphins.

1) For the second straight week we are on the road. Road games are rough as even the worst teams (insert Jets) can win at home.

2) Turnovers will have to be in our favor. There is no quicker way for a game to be put out of reach than turning the ball over unless you are the Cowboys and manage to let the other team hang around much longer than they should.

3) Fast start. The games that Indy wins with Luck seem to be where he starts out fast manages the game till late in the fourth and if down pulls the game out at the end. The Dolphins need to score TD's and avoid TSWD's early. Putting the game out of reach early offensively would be nice.

4) Run. If we don't do better in the run game the Colts will probably blitz early and often. Someone needs to tear off a few 10 plus yard runs.

5) Pass defense. Whether its thru a good rush or excellent DB play. Shutting down Lucks arm is key.

If we are to make the playoffs this year Indy has become a must win game.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 7, Tackles 8 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 24
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
One thing I can say is if we somehow managed to pull this game out the buzz heading into the home opener vs the Falcons would be a buzz that hasn't been felt in awhile.

This is how I feel...Miami does not NEED to win this game...but if you are going to make noise this year, Miami needs to come out and play with some fire and desperation. If Miami wins this week (and it is winnable) that 1st home game would be something spectacular.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

This is how I feel...Miami does not NEED to win this game...but if you are going to make noise this year, Miami needs to come out and play with some fire and desperation. If Miami wins this week (and it is winnable) that 1st home game would be something spectacular.

It would be great if they went into week 3 2 and 0....

If they can split over their next 4 and go into the bye week 3 and 2....talk about setting themselves up to make a playoff push....one can dream

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the Browns game answered very few of the questions I actually had going into the game so I'm very interested to see what this week brings.

-I expect Luck to get his. He will make his throws and will lead some scoring drives.

-I expect to run much better. So far 2 rushers have gone over 100 yards in week one. One was Terrelle Pryor, the other Shane Vareen, New England's second of it's two-headed attack. It seems like the whole NFL was a bit behind the curve when it came to run-blocking and rushing yesterday. All teams will need some time to gel. I really believe the Browns have a great front 7. I still expected more from our guys yesterday though. Luckily Indianapolis presents much less of a challenge for our boys in this department.

-I don't normally like to predict like this, but I really liked what I saw yesterday from Tannehill in all facets of being and NFL QB. My only real gripe was him holding the ball too long at times and refusing to use his feet as much as he can/should (may be the coaching though). Anyway the Prediction: Tannehill will beat Andrew Luck in what is hopefully the second of many battles between the two.

What I mean is that the game will be a pretty close game and the difference will be that Tannehill will make a play when the Dolphins need him to. And the Dolphins D will stop the Colts when Andrew Luck needs to make a play.

Prediction: close game, Dolphins add a late score to make it more than a one score game, but it will feel even closer.

Sunshine time: I'm having a hard time getting rid of all the joy i built up watching our defense yesterday. Therefore, I'm going to gush here and be done with that silly emotion... HOLY COW. That was awesome. Not perfect, but man watching our defense is extremely exciting. The way they swarm to the ball and seem to always be going for it. The relentless pressure was fantastic. Weeden earned a bit of respect from me yesterday just for hanging in there. Unfortunately there are two sides to this stone, we did play the Browns. So here's to rooting they go and beat the Ravens.

More importantly here's to a good game on Sunday with no injuries for either team. (and a Dolphin win)
Fender

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing in the Indy's dome is never easy. This might be another painful to watch victory if we get it.

Kinda pissed 75% of our Sept games are on the road - negating out early season home-field advantage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: