Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week #2 At Kansas City @ Arrowhead Stadium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
This is setting up like last year.

My thoughts exactly. Beat the giants week one then travel to a seemingly underwhelming teams stadium with a huge homefield advantage.

It's setting up like last year just because we happened to get a win..?

Um... yes that is exactly, 100% why... thats the whole point. Setting up means it looks like it and might turn out the same way...

I just feel like you're implying that the team is walking into a trap or something lol.

Quick, someone post a picture of Admiral Ackbar! I don't have access to any sites to convert .jpgs to [img] while I'm at work.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Beat the giants week one then travel to a seemingly underwhelming teams stadium with a huge homefield advantage.

Um... yes that is exactly, 100% why... thats the whole point. Setting up means it looks like it and might turn out the same way...

I just feel like you're implying that the team is walking into a trap or something lol.

Quick, someone post a picture of Admiral Ackbar! I don't have access to any sites to convert .jpgs to [img] while I'm at work.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:

matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
It was definitely just the turnovers. This team hasn't increased its pace whatsoever, watching them try to run a hurry-up was pretty sad.

Well, when teams increased ther pace of the game its usuallt becasue they are playing from behind. There was no reason to do this as we were never behind in the game. It's the first game of the season, there are little kinks that all teams are dealing with

Valid, but they did go no-huddle toward the end of the first half. Cullen Jenkins' "injury" got in the way, but the hurry-up was embarrassing regardless. It was effectively the exact same pace but without huddling up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:

I'm waiting for coaches film to be available for the game so I can look back and see what was happening with our secondary. From what I've been able to look back on so far though, it really wasn't the fault of the corners in a lot of instances. The line backers and safeties did awful in their zones. It looked at times like Claiborne thought he had his guy locked into someone else's zone but no one was actually there to help him out. I'm definitely no expert about coverage, but I think we can all admit that there were some communication and assignment issues with the secondary that really need fixing.

Not seen the 22 yet, but it's pretty clear the Hicks play was a communication error between Claiborne and Allen, and a the Cruz TD featured Allen standing flat footed, apparently arguing with Demarcus Ware about his coverage assignment while Victor ran right past him (Ware has his back to the play as the ball is snapped, shouting at someone).

Those tow plays account for over 25% of Eli's yardage. Haven't totalled it, but I bet prevent defense accounts for a large chunk more. That 428 passing yards is a very misleading stat.
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:

I'm waiting for coaches film to be available for the game so I can look back and see what was happening with our secondary. From what I've been able to look back on so far though, it really wasn't the fault of the corners in a lot of instances. The line backers and safeties did awful in their zones. It looked at times like Claiborne thought he had his guy locked into someone else's zone but no one was actually there to help him out. I'm definitely no expert about coverage, but I think we can all admit that there were some communication and assignment issues with the secondary that really need fixing.

Not seen the 22 yet, but it's pretty clear the Hicks play was a communication error between Claiborne and Allen, and a the Cruz TD featured Allen standing flat footed, apparently arguing with Demarcus Ware about his coverage assignment while Victor ran right past him (Ware has his back to the play as the ball is snapped, shouting at someone).

Those tow plays account for over 25% of Eli's yardage. Haven't totalled it, but I bet prevent defense accounts for a large chunk more. That 428 passing yards is a very misleading stat.
Cruz's TD's where 70, 18 and 10. 98 yards on 3 plays.

The other botched play was Nicks 57 yarder.

That's 4 plays, 155 yards passing for Eli. Take those errors away and Eli has less than 300 yards

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett's post-game conference

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Jason-Garrett-Postgame-Speech/1283e0d3-7675-4692-b2a8-2fdafe70dadb

^^^mack
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
It was definitely just the turnovers. This team hasn't increased its pace whatsoever, watching them try to run a hurry-up was pretty sad.

Well, when teams increased ther pace of the game its usuallt becasue they are playing from behind. There was no reason to do this as we were never behind in the game. It's the first game of the season, there are little kinks that all teams are dealing with

Valid, but they did go no-huddle toward the end of the first half. Cullen Jenkins' "injury" got in the way, but the hurry-up was embarrassing regardless. It was effectively the exact same pace but without huddling up.

Hopefully they can work out the kinks on it. I thought we would see more of the no huddle , maybe they felt like they didn't need to go with it for this game . Maybe we see more of it next game
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:

Cruz's TD's where 70, 18 and 10. 98 yards on 3 plays.

The other botched play was Nicks 57 yarder.

That's 4 plays, 155 yards passing for Eli. Take those errors away and Eli has less than 300 yards
and the only "error" on Cruz's 2nd TD is that it was not over turned. He never took a football action of any kind. Hecatches the ball, gets hit, goes to the ground...and the ball immediately comes completely clear of his hand... That is not a catch.

Also jobbed by the refs on Jason Witten's procedure call. Tuck clearly fires out first and Witten reacts to his encroachment. I've said it a hundred times, that call needs to be a reviewable play. There's no reason not to. It's an easy determination and a very quick review.

Edit to add: Witten's holding penalty was equally ludicrous. Witten comes off, JPP grabs HIM, Witten completely destroys him with a shove and sends him to the ground. While falling over, JPP drags Witten's jersey as he falls, nearly pulling Witten over on top of him. Call, holding #82. Smh
Da Boyz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is going to be a grind it out kind of game. I'm expecting a lot more pressure on Romo, and they have a pretty good secondary too. Really their D has legit talent at every level. If we limit mistakes offensively and limit big plays out of Charles/Bowe I like our chances.

Score 20-16 Cowboys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@fishsports: Looks like a Selvie-starting sort of day, tho Anthony Spencer is dressed out for #cowboys @1053thefan

It's about damn time!!

@espn_macmahon: Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and Morris Claiborne are all dressed out and participating in early part of practice. 88 likely to be limited.

Good to hear

@toddarcher: Danny McCray back to practice today. Missed a couple weeks with a hamstring strain

@clarencehilljr: There were a lot of IVs in practice last week when the Cowboys worked in the heat. One reason the team working at AT&T stadium today

@HelmanDC: Noise is going to be a part of practice to help prepare for Arrowhead. Maybe that's why they're in Arlington.

They are pumping crowd notice into the stadium today and tomorrow to get the team ready for the loudest stadium in the league

textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@calvinwatkins: Looks like Brian Waters might do some team drills today.

@calvinwatkins: Brian Waters gets off the team bus wearing full pads.

@RainerSabinDMN: Cowboys RB Lance Dunbar is back on the practice field. He had been sidelined since Aug. 17 with a sprained foot.

@nickeatman: Spencer in full pads

@HelmanDC: OMG Anthony Spencer in pads!!!

@nickeatman: Dez Romo and Dunbar all in full pads as well

Looks like we are getting alot of injured players back on the field today!

McCray
Spencer
Dunbar
Claiborne

Da Boyz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@calvinwatkins: Looks like Brian Waters might do some team drills today.

@calvinwatkins: Brian Waters gets off the team bus wearing full pads.

@RainerSabinDMN: Cowboys RB Lance Dunbar is back on the practice field. He had been sidelined since Aug. 17 with a sprained foot.

@nickeatman: Spencer in full pads

@HelmanDC: OMG Anthony Spencer in pads!!!

@nickeatman: Dez Romo and Dunbar all in full pads as well

Looks like we are getting alot of injured players back on the field today!

McCray
Spencer
Dunbar
Claiborne

I think it moved

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@toddarcher: Dez Bryant looks fine running routes. No noticeable difference with his foot injury.

@espn_macmahon: Mackenzy Bernadeau is at right guard with the starters. Brian Waters is still running with the second team.

@fishsports: @dezbryant coming HARD on snap. As if he's testing foot - and foot is passing fine #Cowboys

@toddarcher: Anthony Spencer wearing a brace on his knee.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to Spencer back and that Bryant doesn't seem to be having any issues with his foot.

Hopefully Waters will be up to speed come game day. I don't want to see the Burningdeuce start again.

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: