Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week #2 At Kansas City @ Arrowhead Stadium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
This is setting up like last year.

My thoughts exactly. Beat the giants week one then travel to a seemingly underwhelming teams stadium with a huge homefield advantage.

It's setting up like last year just because we happened to get a win..?

Um... yes that is exactly, 100% why... thats the whole point. Setting up means it looks like it and might turn out the same way...

As long as Joan doesn't tell the team to take more time to revel and bask in the win like he did last year, we should be ok. I want this team to learn from its mistakes and understand that complacency, poor preparation, and laziness equate to losses.

Oh im almost sure well win this one. I trust jason more this year than last

daboyle is gud at sigz

Tony Romo OPOY Watch: Chokes, chokes. More chokes. A choke there too! Bad play calling. A choke. CHOOOOOKES

FLEX TWB
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeathStar, your avatar is too large. I went ahead and resized it for you.

Code:
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2qx9pxe.png[/IMG]

^^^mack
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
It was definitely just the turnovers. This team hasn't increased its pace whatsoever, watching them try to run a hurry-up was pretty sad.

The Hurry up and watch the Giants fake injuries offense.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
It was definitely just the turnovers. This team hasn't increased its pace whatsoever, watching them try to run a hurry-up was pretty sad.

The Hurry up and watch the Giants fake injuries offense.

Yeah...that was hilarious.

^^^mack
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
retrolock wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Except we didn't force 6 turnovers last year...not saying we should underestimate the Chiefs, but I feel pretty good about our chances.

We didnt force 6 turnovers, but the margin of voctory was still larger

Last TD of Giants was garbage points imo. We won big, dont be reading all these bleacher and BSPN articles.

We didn't "win big". We won. But, how would you have felt had the Giants recovered the onside kick? Would that "garbage" TD have been "garbage" then? No, it wouldn't have been. So curb the zealous overconfidence and recognize how close they came to beating us.

They would have had like 10 seconds left. They had no chance of winning even if they recovered the kick.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeathStar wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Beat the giants week one then travel to a seemingly underwhelming teams stadium with a huge homefield advantage.

Um... yes that is exactly, 100% why... thats the whole point. Setting up means it looks like it and might turn out the same way...

I just feel like you're implying that the team is walking into a trap or something lol.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a trap game, IMO
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:

As long as Joan doesn't tell the team to take more time to revel and bask in the win like he did last year, we should be ok. I want this team to learn from its mistakes and understand that complacency, poor preparation, and laziness equate to losses.

Wait a min here, Are you saying we lost the 2nd game last year because Jerry told the team to revel and bask after our first win??!?!? Where do you come up with this stuff, plz tell me you were just making a funny
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you guys are so pessimistic. We just forced the most turnovers for the Giants franchise in the last game. Some optimism in here please.

400 yards blah blah it happens. Its the new age of the NFL and its passing. We did that too last year but we never won in the end. More Turnovers = Higher chance of winning, and thats exactly what happened.

Thats our identity.

Get used to it, it might be a new playstyle but hell as long as we are winning I'll take it. Plus once our offense gets into rhyhm , this team is damn near dangerous.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Some of you guys are so pessimistic. We just forced the most turnovers for the Giants franchise in the last game. Some optimism in here please.

400 yards blah blah it happens. Its the new age of the NFL and its passing. We did that too last year but we never won in the end. More Turnovers = Higher chance of winning, and thats exactly what happened.

Thats our identity.

Get used to it, it might be a new playstyle but hell as long as we are winning I'll take it. Plus once our offense gets into rhyhm , this team is damn near dangerous.

Kind of hard to say what their identity is after one game. I'm pretty sure they would prefer to get off the field on third downs and not give up so many chunks of yards in the passing game. We saw last year that Carr and Claiborne have the ability to lock guys up.. we need to see more of that in my opinion.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Thats our identity.

Kind of hard to say what their identity is after one game. I'm pretty sure they would prefer to get off the field on third downs and not give up so many chunks of yards in the passing game. We saw last year that Carr and Claiborne have the ability to lock guys up.. we need to see more of that in my opinion.

Because it isn't one game. This is the same thing I've been seeing all pre-season from our first team. The difference comes when teams in the regular season show more than in the preseason which makes the game closer. But thats pretty much it, keep the game close but not enough to overcome all the turnovers they have and beat us.

The giants on sunday night looked like us last year. You just don't overcome all those numerous turnovers.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
BloodOps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4714620/cowboys-want-to-play-fast-too

Quote:
On Monday, the Eagles ran 53 plays in the first half and 77 for the game. No team ran more plays in the first half than Philadelphia in Week 1. The Baltimore Ravens were second with 47 and the Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots were next, tied at 45.

Quote:
The Cowboys finished with 74 offensive snaps. Only the Patriots (89), Ravens (87), Detroit Lions (77), Eagles (77), Houston Texans (75) and San Francisco (75) had more.

Did not realize all that. Granted, the extra drives due to turnovers allowed us to get a higher snap count

Honestly with all those turnovers I would of expected more offensive snaps.
DreamEater53

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BloodOps wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4714620/cowboys-want-to-play-fast-too

Quote:
On Monday, the Eagles ran 53 plays in the first half and 77 for the game. No team ran more plays in the first half than Philadelphia in Week 1. The Baltimore Ravens were second with 47 and the Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots were next, tied at 45.

Quote:
The Cowboys finished with 74 offensive snaps. Only the Patriots (89), Ravens (87), Detroit Lions (77), Eagles (77), Houston Texans (75) and San Francisco (75) had more.

Did not realize all that. Granted, the extra drives due to turnovers allowed us to get a higher snap count

Honestly with all those turnovers I would of expected more offensive snaps.

Well 2 of those turnovers went for 6, but still, we had a ton of snaps for the offense, I don't expect us to have that many going forward, we just need to be more efficient
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Thats our identity.

Because it isn't one game. This is the same thing I've been seeing all pre-season from our first team. The difference comes when teams in the regular season show more than in the preseason which makes the game closer. But thats pretty much it, keep the game close but not enough to overcome all the turnovers they have and beat us.

The giants on sunday night looked like us last year. You just don't overcome all those numerous turnovers.

They weren't getting burned in the middle of the field in preseason, besides Carr giving up some 1 on 1 catches to Fitzgerald the pass defense was alright.

I'm waiting for coaches film to be available for the game so I can look back and see what was happening with our secondary. From what I've been able to look back on so far though, it really wasn't the fault of the corners in a lot of instances. The line backers and safeties did awful in their zones. It looked at times like Claiborne thought he had his guy locked into someone else's zone but no one was actually there to help him out. I'm definitely no expert about coverage, but I think we can all admit that there were some communication and assignment issues with the secondary that really need fixing. Giving up large chunks of yards in the middle of the field isn't something that the defense is ok with.. and I definitely don't think it's going to be part of their identity.

p.s. I think we made the Giant's passing attack look better than it actually is.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a hard game to predict. Chiefs could easily run away with it..

- I think it's going to be a pretty low score game. Hopefully, the Cowboys comes out with a win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: