Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sam Baker back to his old self as soon as he got paid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, I'm sorry, people are upset we brought back Gonzo? Are you people crazy? You want us to tell the GOAT TE and one of our top 4 offensive players to take a hike to we could have kept an aging RT and a mediocre TE?

Gonzo had us in a corner. He pretty much had a black check. Should he have taken less? Maybe, but his impact is what separates us from the rest of the "good but not great" teams.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
tech2186

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Wait, I'm sorry, people are upset we brought back Gonzo? Are you people crazy? You want us to tell the GOAT TE and one of our top 4 offensive players to take a hike to we could have kept an aging RT and a mediocre TE?

Gonzo had us in a corner. He pretty much had a black check. Should he have taken less? Maybe, but his impact is what separates us from the rest of the "good but not great" teams.

I don't think anyone doubts the significance of TG to the team. But at what cost? A mediocre Oline and Dline? 3mill could of helped both. A TE like Dustin Keller was out there. He is not a slouch and Ryan would have made him really good. At some point we gotta have faith our 100mil QB can make good players very good to great.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindsight is 20/20. That's easy to say now, but the staff wanted to give the young guys on the line a chance. Mike Johnson was the favorite to start at RT and he got injured. It's still early and you have to figure they'll get better as the season progresses. As far as the defensive line goes, I thought they looked good out there. Osi and Biermann did a good job of applying pressure and Babs was effective getting penetration as he has ever been.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20. That's easy to say now, but the staff wanted to give the young guys on the line a chance. Mike Johnson was the favorite to start at RT and he got injured. It's still early and you have to figure they'll get better as the season progresses. As far as the defensive line goes, I thought they looked good out there. Osi and Biermann did a good job of applying pressure and Babs was effective getting penetration as he has ever been.
Peters was doing just as well as Babs at getting pressure from what I saw out there. And both were penetrating against the run and making plays there. DT's are only really a draft 2014 need because the Falcons have just Travian Robertson under contract. But with how Peters and Babs are playing, I'd re-sign both of them.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Peters was doing just as well as Babs at getting pressure from what I saw out there. And both were penetrating against the run and making plays there. DT's are only really a draft 2014 need because the Falcons have just Travian Robertson under contract. But with how Peters and Babs are playing, I'd re-sign both of them.
Peters was good in the run game, but he wasn't getting as much pressure as Babs was. Babs was consistently pushing the pocket and getting penetration.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Peters was good in the run game, but he wasn't getting as much pressure as Babs was. Babs was consistently pushing the pocket and getting penetration.
Both were doing well. That was the main point. Peters took a LOT of double teams inside too. So I took that into consideration.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

I don't think anyone doubts the significance of TG to the team. But at what cost? A mediocre Oline and Dline? 3mill could of helped both. A TE like Dustin Keller was out there. He is not a slouch and Ryan would have made him really good. At some point we gotta have faith our 100mil QB can make good players very good to great.

That's what separates the great teams from the mediocre ones. Great teams use their money to retain their own FAs. Mediocre ones blow their's on aging talent.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: