Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sam Baker back to his old self as soon as he got paid
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Sam Baker back to his old self as soon as he got paid Reply with quote

Never understood paying guys off 1 solid season of play in a contract year and now Baker showing glimpses of his old self . Knee it was a bad re signing at the time and if yesterday is any indication how this year will be played out this Baker contract will be a disaster . We cut Clabo and sign Baker to big time contract and then start a project at RT . Not even mad at Holmes play he is young and needs to get up to game speed what Im pissed about is Baler getting all that $ off one solid season of play plus being injury prone . This is TD puppy so any OL issues all season this falls on him
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sam Baker back to his old self as soon as he got paid Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Never understood paying guys off 1 solid season of play in a contract year and now Baker showing glimpses of his old self . Knee it was a bad re signing at the time and if yesterday is any indication how this year will be played out this Baker contract will be a disaster . We cut Clabo and sign Baker to big time contract and then start a project at RT . Not even mad at Holmes play he is young and needs to get up to game speed what Im pissed about is Baler getting all that $ off one solid season of play plus being injury prone . This is TD puppy so any OL issues all season this falls on him

Point taken, my question is who would you have replaced Baker with? Draft a OL early in the draft? We did need CB help so would you have rather traded down and got more picks to fill that void of needing two CB's and an OL early in the draft or did you have a FA LT in mind??

Baker's money is a little suspect but maybe not as much as Tony G's 3 mill for one season. It could of easily gave you a Dustin Keller or Jared Cook and you coulda kept Clabo. But it's clear that TD has not done an adequate job of bolstering the Oline and Dline over the years.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have kept Clabo if Baker wanted that type of contract let him walk in the off season and let another team pay him that kind of money then drafted a LT . We could have also brought in Sean Smith at DB and not be forced to use first 3 draft picks on corner . Paying Baker was a mistake that kind of money . I said it then and I'll say it now . The way TD has handled this line is a mess . Holmes was clearly not ready yet we cut Clabo to free up cap for signing Trufant plus they thought they were close to deal with Seymour now that is gone we have a project at RT and a injury prone LT that got paid off one good season and his first game off being paid was HORRID . This move will crucify this franchise if Baker goes back to form the way it's structured and the other important pieces Spoon and Julio we have if Baker returns to his old self yeah it's trouble
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
I would have kept Clabo if Baker wanted that type of contract let him walk in the off season and let another team pay him that kind of money then drafted a LT . We could have also brought in Sean Smith at DB and not be forced to use first 3 draft picks on corner . Paying Baker was a mistake that kind of money . I said it then and I'll say it now . The way TD has handled this line is a mess . Holmes was clearly not ready yet we cut Clabo to free up cap for signing Trufant plus they thought they were close to deal with Seymour now that is gone we have a project at RT and a injury prone LT that got paid off one good season and his first game off being paid was HORRID . This move will crucify this franchise if Baker goes back to form the way it's structured and the other important pieces Spoon and Julio we have if Baker returns to his old self yeah it's trouble

A vet CB like Smith may not have been a bad move for a stop gap. I agree that giving up 2 draft picks for Trufant was excessive. We have too many holes to give away draft picks. Rhodes most likely would have been there for us in the draft. But what LT would you have brought in if Baker were to walk is my question? I just don't know if there was a LT that would have been on his level or better out there. I think that is why TD pulled the trigger on him as well. I think that Tony G money along with cutting Clabo was not handled very well at all.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes is honestly better at LT than he is at RT. I would have just kept Clabo and had Holmes play LT and drafted a guy in the 4th to compete with him.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was one game, peaches.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Holmes is honestly better at LT than he is at RT. I would have just kept Clabo and had Holmes play LT and drafted a guy in the 4th to compete with him.

no words for this... at all
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Ryan would have died yesterday.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

GSU, eat a -.

Last edited by scar988 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Ryan would have died yesterday.

Similar to Max Starks. Holmes always graded better at LT than at RT. He just does better with the technique there.

swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

GSU, eat a -.
You're cool.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

GSU, eat a -.
You're cool.
I leave him alone. He needs to leave me alone. It's that simple.

swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

GSU, eat a -.
You're cool.
I leave him alone. He needs to leave me alone. It's that simple.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

GSU, eat a -.

scar this is a WARNING

Quote:
1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

^^^mack
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More threads of Scar whining? What is I told you we don't care t hear about every little thing you don't like about the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: