Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Wallace says to ask coach why he had 1 catch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Well Mike Wallace is probably going to get more of the same next wk if is faced with Vontae D.

Deal with it
sug

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

ok

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:
Well Mike Wallace is probably going to get more of the same next wk if is faced with Vontae D.

Deal with it
sug

Vontae does not equal Haden

Based on a level of intelect you are absolutely correct but...
Based on instinct, playmaking ability in nan to man coverage I have the utmost respect for him.
Depending on how he is utilized I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Gibson, Hartline & Co have the bulk of balls come their way.

Why tempt fate, when we can exploit softer targets ?
sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Deal with it
sug

Based on instinct, playmaking ability in nan to man coverage I have the utmost respect for him.
Depending on how he is utilized I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Gibson, Hartline & Co have the bulk of balls come their way.

sug

Is he is shape to run with Wallace?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Deal with it
sug

sug

Based on any metric. Trust me, we wouldn't have traded him away for a second round pick if we thought he had any ability in any area that was close to Haden. Honestly, the only 2 corners in the NFL right now that could do what Haden did to Wallace are him and Revis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Deal with it
sug

sug

Based on any metric. Trust me, we wouldn't have traded him away for a second round pick if we thought he had any ability in any area that was close to Haden. Honestly, the only 2 corners in the NFL right now that could do what Haden did to Wallace are him and Revis

I would not put Revis in that category. Revis does well against larger receivers he rarely matched against speedy guys. Revis is not a fast corner, he relies on instinct, technique and plays the sidelines really well. Think about it. Ted Ginn burned him like clockwork in that Monday Night Football game when Rex Ryan said Henne looked like "Dan Marino".

Vontae Davis will be motivated because he did not play last year but he cannot handle Wallace's speed. I happen to believe Wallace will have a big week if Tanney is accurate.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Deal with it
sug

sug

I agree, Wallace as shut down by Haden. For some reason nobody can give Haden any credit. Wallace's stats slowed down against the Browns when Haden started to come into his own. I think Patrick Peterson could also shut down Wallace.

What Haden proved was that speed isn't everything at CB. Haden did everything you are supposed to do against a fast WR. The other problem, we were very obvious with Wallace. We kept having him run the same routes. I'm still thinking we should have signed Jennings, drafted Quinton Patton and passed on Wallace.

That's just me though.

UniversalAuthor
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Deal with it
sug

sug

I agree, Wallace as shut down by Haden. For some reason nobody can give Haden any credit. Wallace's stats slowed down against the Browns when Haden started to come into his own. I think Patrick Peterson could also shut down Wallace.

What Haden proved was that speed isn't everything at CB. Haden did everything you are supposed to do against a fast WR. The other problem, we were very obvious with Wallace. We kept having him run the same routes. I'm still thinking we should have signed Jennings, drafted Quinton Patton and passed on Wallace.

That's just me though.

For what it's worth....it is one game...Wallace presence alone allowed the other WR opportunities. In the end I saw no real issue with the passing game....especially with how poor the running game was. Wallace will get his plays and receptions as teams begin to adjust to stop Hartline and Gibson...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Deal with it
sug

ok

This really depends on how Indy uses Vonte. He excels in man to man but sucks at zone coverage.

Anyone who has watched the colts this preseason see how they are moving the secondary? I'm not talking about the scheme, just how the CB's have been used. If Vonte mans up on Wallace he will jam him at the line and Wallaces speed wont matter.

Another big game from "turn-on-your-Heartline"?

Will we ever address the Guard position?

ADOPT-A-PHIN:

#30 Chris Clemons, SS, Miami Dolphins, 2013 Stats

49 TACKLES | 23 ASSISTS | 1 INT | 7 PASSES DEFENDED | 4 STUFF YARDS
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Deal with it
sug

ok

This really depends on how Indy uses Vonte. He excels in man to man but sucks at zone coverage.

Anyone who has watched the colts this preseason see how they are moving the secondary? I'm not talking about the scheme, just how the CB's have been used. If Vonte mans up on Wallace he will jam him at the line and Wallaces speed wont matter.

If he jams him at the line, then they will need a safety shadowing over top. Wallace is not Tedd Ginn. He can beat a jam occasionally. But I actually thing Toler will line up on Wallace and jam him with a safety over top and Vontae will line up on Hartline.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Niedermaier wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Deal with it
sug

ok

If he jams him at the line, then they will need a safety shadowing over top. Wallace is not Tedd Ginn. He can beat a jam occasionally. But I actually thing Toler will line up on Wallace and jam him with a safety over top and Vontae will line up on Hartline.

Whoever they leave one on one will have a big game....regardless of who is the cover man...Hartline will embarrass Davis one on one....His routes are too precise and his double move too good.

Location: Tony Stark: Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Steelers fan he is one of the best in the NFL at yac. But if a defender gets in his face and gets physical with him, he disappears. History doesn't lie he never has a good game against Hayden he owns him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: