Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Wallace says to ask coach why he had 1 catch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reluctant to criticise him without hearing the comments or the actual questions asked.

To be honest, you probably want him to say - "ask coach" - in response to that kind of question.

^ Jamison on the sig.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
It's funny how the media (not named Omar Kelly) gets a perpetual pass from the public for asking (what I like to call) "satan" questions. He's supposed to be part of a team, but they are asking him about personal stats. To me his response was perfect. His response in no way implies that he's interested in his own stats above the team.

This. They went straight to Wallace after the game.

"How come u get no catches huh huh??"

Because the Browns have a borderline elite CB in Haden who played excellent, and our other WRs were open all day, that's why.

Wallace is a gamer and decided not to say anything stupid. But of course today the media is ranting and raving about how upset Wallace is.

GTFO

There are obviously still chemistry issues between him and Tannehill. I'm not surprised at all and they'll sync up better with more and more reps. The Colts don't have a CB like Haden. We'll see what happens this week.

The questions about Wallace's individual performance are justified if for no other reason than Wallace tweeted before the game that Haden was in for a long, long day, and because there was a lot of talk about a million dollar match up between Haden and Wallace.

And as Silus already correctly pointed out, Jeff Ireland had to console him as they were running off the field. In other words, Wallace's pouting was pre-interview and pre-media. Sorry, but if Brandon Marshall had done this exact same thing, there are tons of Dolphin fans in this forum that would have been up in arms. I have no problem with a player wanting the ball, and wanting to contribute, but public pouting is not acceptable and distracts the team from being a team.
joeyL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace in a NON issue for me and for the coaching staff it seems.

Quote:
Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman also offered support for Wallace. "Mike's a competitor. He wants to feel a part of the game, as I hope that he would," Sherman said Monday afternoon. "He came here to be a factor in our season and our success. The fact that he's disappointed he only caught one ball, that's expected. I have no problem with that."

Im more concerned with Starks and his actions, surprised the media hasnt ran with this.

Quote:
Starks’ situation was interesting, as well. Following a third-quarter sack, Starks put up his middle finger to his own sideline.

Quote:
“It was probably at me directly,” Philbin joked

I understand being upset youre not starting, but that's uncalled for IMO.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a tiny issue....the media is mad that he wouldn't comment so they are going to blow the whole situation out of proportion...

A guy who is the teams number 1 WR is hardly targeted....is upset..I can't imagine a person who plays an adrenalin filled sport having some sort of emotion after a game....how did we end up with someone who is passionate about performing at a high level...Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry I have to think a pissed off Wallace could be huge this week...

I am also glad we are bringing up Marshall....because he is relevant to the conversation in what way?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure Brandon Marshall felt the same way.
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:

Quote:
Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman also offered support for Wallace. "Mike's a competitor. He wants to feel a part of the game, as I hope that he would," Sherman said Monday afternoon. "He came here to be a factor in our season and our success. The fact that he's disappointed he only caught one ball, that's expected. I have no problem with that."

Im more concerned with Starks and his actions, surprised the media hasnt ran with this.

Quote:
Starks’ situation was interesting, as well. Following a third-quarter sack, Starks put up his middle finger to his own sideline.

Quote:

The cynic in me thinks - Starks has a much lower profile nationally so they personally get less attention for the story.

^ Jamison on the sig.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
joeyL. wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The cynic in me thinks - Starks has a much lower profile nationally so they personally get less attention for the story.

Starks has already came out and said he flipped the bird to a handful of teammates on the sideline who were giving him a hard time about not starting as a joke.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2013/09/philbin-sherman-address-wallace-unhappiness-and-poor-run-game-ross-surprising-news.html

Mike Wallace
Quote:
"I was mad at myself because I didn't have a good game," Wallace said. "It just wasn't a good day for me. Our quarterback made good reads. I was upset with myself. It wasn't really anything else having to do with anything. I'm always happy when we win. But from a personal standpoint, when you don't do well, you're upset. If you're not upset, you don't need to be on the team. I want to be a great player and I want to make plays. That's the only reason I'm here."

Mike Sherman
Quote:
“In no way did that bother me,” Sherman said of Wallace expressing his unhappiness. “Mike wants to feel a part of the game, as I would hope he would. He came here to be a factor in our success. Any great competitor would feel that way. The fact he’s disappointed he only caught one ball -- that’s expected. I have no problem with that. I don’t fault him for that.

“I told him he can communicate that to me anytime he wants – as long as he practices hard tomorrow… with a smile on his face, which he will and be ready to go next week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:
joeyL. wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Starks has already came out and said he flipped the bird to a handful of teammates on the sideline who were giving him a hard time about not starting as a joke.

Ah, must have missed that. Never mind then. All good for me then. Wallace will ball out in Indy, only cause I'm benching him in fantasy.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
silus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a guy like that, you can't tell if he would prefer having monster stats in a Superbowl loss, or one catch and a Superbowl win.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
It's funny how the media (not named Omar Kelly) gets a perpetual pass from the public for asking (what I like to call) "satan" questions. He's supposed to be part of a team, but they are asking him about personal stats. To me his response was perfect. His response in no way implies that he's interested in his own stats above the team.

This. They went straight to Wallace after the game.

"How come u get no catches huh huh??"

Because the Browns have a borderline elite CB in Haden who played excellent, and our other WRs were open all day, that's why.

Wallace is a gamer and decided not to say anything stupid. But of course today the media is ranting and raving about how upset Wallace is.

GTFO

There are obviously still chemistry issues between him and Tannehill. I'm not surprised at all and they'll sync up better with more and more reps. The Colts don't have a CB like Haden. We'll see what happens this week.

The questions about Wallace's individual performance are justified if for no other reason than Wallace tweeted before the game that Haden was in for a long, long day, and because there was a lot of talk about a million dollar match up between Haden and Wallace.

And as Silus already correctly pointed out, Jeff Ireland had to console him as they were running off the field. In other words, Wallace's pouting was pre-interview and pre-media. Sorry, but if Brandon Marshall had done this exact same thing, there are tons of Dolphin fans in this forum that would have been up in arms. I have no problem with a player wanting the ball, and wanting to contribute, but public pouting is not acceptable and distracts the team from being a team.

Of course I agree. He should be able to mask those emotions better. But the media is still fanning the fire. He came out today and said what he should have said yesterday. Day late but better than letting it fester.

I'll throw out the D word when the behavior becomes a trend.
Fender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont buy either explanation from Starks or Wallace. Nor do I see it as a real issue at the moment.

Wallace: It would have been nice to for him to wait for a pattern of un-involvement to happen before voicing discontent - but Im encouraged that he sees his statements as inappropriate and the spat was handled quickly and without collateral damage in-house.

Starks: He's gone next year and it shows lol. I hope he plays his [inappropriate/removed] off to earn the big, longterm contract Ireland wont give him.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace's presence alone is what allowed Gibson (who looks pretty darn good after the catch) and Hartline to feast. Whatever Wallace's stat line is....his reputation alone forces teams to account for him...with that said, he is going to need to hit on a few big plays to maintain that reputation.

Sorry....wanted to actually discuss a little football instead of what became the story....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mike Wallace is probably going to get more of the same next wk if is faced with Vontae D.

Deal with it
sug
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Well Mike Wallace is probably going to get more of the same next wk if is faced with Vontae D.

Deal with it
sug

Vontae does not equal Haden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: