Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Wallace says to ask coach why he had 1 catch
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niedermaier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Mike Wallace says to ask coach why he had 1 catch Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23544395/dolphins-wr-mike-wallace-says-to-ask-coach-about-why-he-had-1-catch

Maybe because he got a huge head and vastly underrated Haden's game? I mean, not saying that we were absolutely spectacular today, but Haden just put him out on an island.

Will we ever address the Guard position?

ADOPT-A-PHIN:

#30 Chris Clemons, SS, Miami Dolphins, 2013 Stats

49 TACKLES | 23 ASSISTS | 1 INT | 7 PASSES DEFENDED | 4 STUFF YARDS
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what was highlighted on the broadcast, Wallace was just outsmarted by some very good CB play. I lived the little nudges that Haden got away with, the timing was impeccable and it just put MW off his route
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could care less if the star WR does little to nothing in the opening game. The fact is, Miami had better match ups elsewhere on the field and as a result Wallace wasn't thrown to as much. What does concern me is that Wallace doesn't understand that winning is the only important thing. Its a bad sign when the guy is more concerned with his own numbers than the teams wins.
Manic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you were just paid 60 mil, so shut up and let em use you how they want.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we won and thats the big picture but at the same time he has a right to be upset. You dont throw his way AT ALL the entire first half no wonder we didn't get in the endzone. What good is a decoy if you don't even threaten the defense with the thought your going to throw to him. Oh and why did most of the passes thrown his way happen way down field? What about some slants, drags or even WR screen he is being pay allot of money so for god sake USE HIM. We could have bought a much cheaper decoy
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just poor game planning to not even have him as a threat. There is no reason to not hit him on a quick slant, bubble or comeback....all passes that can neutralize a very good CB. The targets he did get were (for the most part) very low percentage passes...I can understand the frustration. With that said....he needs to keep the frustration out of the public and address them with the coach in private. His declining to comment on the game has become a bigger story then the defenses domination of Cleveland and the win in general.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with Mike Wallace. I would be more concerned if he didn't care. He wants the ball. Give me guys who want the ball over guys happy to be there looking at hotties in the stands and wondering where to go for dinner after the game.

Last edited by Maddogg on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Hurricanes26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a diva, come on man.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you were targeted 5 times and ended up with 1 catch for 15 yards? I may be remembering incorrectly, but I thought he was targeted once in the first half and he dropped the ball? Another time he was targeted on a deep route and he stumbled after the ball was thrown. Why would we game plan specifically to get you more targets when the targets you did get did not end in success? Besides, I think it's pretty terrible game planning, other than WR screens and such, to design a play around a certain person getting the ball. That's the garbage I thought we got away from with Brandon Marshall. You throw it to the receiver that is open, after going through your progressions. If Wallace had been open more, then I'm sure we would have thrown it his way more often.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how the media (not named Omar Kelly) gets a perpetual pass from the public for asking (what I like to call) "satan" questions. He's supposed to be part of a team, but they are asking him about personal stats. To me his response was perfect. His response in no way implies that he's interested in his own stats above the team.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
thejoz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wallace was asked about why he didn't have more catches, and Mike Wallace said it was the coach's plan, because he was barely thrown to.

This is a non-controversy. Did he maybe show a little attitude for not getting the ball? Sure. But what do you want the man to do?

Not every pro athlete is going to be the hermetically-sealed, super Boy Scout like Tim Tebow. These are grown men who get paid to play hard, and play well, and Wallace did not have a chance to shine today.

That's okay. I'd rather he be irritated than complacent.

That said, the attention paid to him allowed Gibson and Hartline to have great games. A game which we won.

I want more Mike Wallace, but I also want more W's.

One game, no big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally a receiver only pulls this after a loss, where he might have some argument as to how the team could have performed better. But whining after a win?? WTF? How are we even considering this an acceptable thing?? The goal is to win the game. If you can't even get around that basic truth, you got serious problems. Some of Miami's vets needs to put this guy in check.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Normally a receiver only pulls this after a loss, where he might have some argument as to how the team could have performed better. But whining after a win?? WTF? How are we even considering this an acceptable thing?? The goal is to win the game. If you can't even get around that basic truth, you got serious problems. Some of Miami's vets needs to put this guy in check.

He didn't whine....he basically declined to comment since the reporters were asking him why he only had one catch. "ask the coach, not my game plan" is not whining....especially since he was specifically asked about his production. If he got on twitter and continued to discuss it, then you could say he needs to be put in check, but right now it seems like an emotional response to a situation in which he was disappointed about his own game. Right now they have a player who is pissed off and will look to make sure he contributes next week. You want player who are hungry to help their team....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
silus wrote:

He didn't whine....he basically declined to comment since the reporters were asking him why he only had one catch. "ask the coach, not my game plan" is not whining....especially since he was specifically asked about his production. If he got on twitter and continued to discuss it, then you could say he needs to be put in check, but right now it seems like an emotional response to a situation in which he was disappointed about his own game. Right now they have a player who is pissed off and will look to make sure he contributes next week. You want player who are hungry to help their team....

The media is reporting that the General Manager had to console him.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
It's funny how the media (not named Omar Kelly) gets a perpetual pass from the public for asking (what I like to call) "satan" questions. He's supposed to be part of a team, but they are asking him about personal stats. To me his response was perfect. His response in no way implies that he's interested in his own stats above the team.

This. They went straight to Wallace after the game.

"How come u get no catches huh huh??"

Because the Browns have a borderline elite CB in Haden who played excellent, and our other WRs were open all day, that's why.

Wallace is a gamer and decided not to say anything stupid. But of course today the media is ranting and raving about how upset Wallace is.

GTFO

There are obviously still chemistry issues between him and Tannehill. I'm not surprised at all and they'll sync up better with more and more reps. The Colts don't have a CB like Haden. We'll see what happens this week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: