You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 Post Game Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Looks like the 88 blue won the battle against the one in white. Very Happy

But in regards to T2, yeh he was never fast to begin with but in regards to his movement he looked the same pre injury.

And the man clearly remembers how to tackle.

T2 and mundy are the best tacklers in our secondary. If I was reese I'd be looking to bring in 2 things
1. a vet back
2. a cover safety- mundy is an in the box safety that plays above average against the run and he has the ability to blow up check down passes and short dump offs. Basically I'm saying if we have a cover safety ( or wait for hill) we can do our 3 safety sets. drop 2 and keep one in the box. also that would take one of our miserable LBs off the field.

I did like williams yesterday tho as a blitzer. he decleated someone when romo got hurt. Rivers was invisible. Connor was good when he played. Paysinger seemed to be all over the flat and short passes making quick tackles.
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Personally I'm about as happy as a fan can be after a game with 6 turnovers. Dallas has a potent offense, we gave them 6 extra opportunities (including 2 in their own red zone I believe?) and we lost by 6 points. I mean. C'mon now. We get a vet RB back there who can pass protect and plays well in short yardage while Wilson gets the Tiki Treatment and...we're a pretty scary team IMO.

Oh come on.. it's not like Dallas played very well. Without the turnovers, their pass defense (especially Will Allen) was extremely bad and let the Giants back into the game. Claiborne couldn't cover a slant 1 on 1 to save his life, and Scandrick was pretty bad too.

Eli was just taking what what the defense was giving him. You know, just like Romo getting Dez his monstrous 4/22 line...
KushPacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Wilson better start next week. I used my 2nd round pick on him. Coughlin would be retarded to not play him like he did last year. Hes by far the best RB on the roster or in free agency. its not like hes going to fumble 2 times a game. fumbles come and go, they are flukey. he could go 200 carries without one. there is just no reason in benching someone because of a fumble... because what if you bench him for 6 weeks, but if you didnt, he wouldnt have fumbled in those 6 games anyway. screw the giants and their plastic faced coach. He just blew my whole season, just for his own pride driven decision. he must swallow his pride, and a pee pee, and just play his best players. otherwise the giants will finish 5 - 11 at best.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KushPacker wrote:
David Wilson better start next week. I used my 2nd round pick on him. Coughlin would be retarded to not play him like he did last year. Hes by far the best RB on the roster or in free agency. its not like hes going to fumble 2 times a game. fumbles come and go, they are flukey. he could go 200 carries without one. there is just no reason in benching someone because of a fumble... because what if you bench him for 6 weeks, but if you didnt, he wouldnt have fumbled in those 6 games anyway. screw the giants and their plastic faced coach. He just blew my whole season, just for his own pride driven decision. he must swallow his pride, and a pee pee, and just play his best players. otherwise the giants will finish 5 - 11 at best.

I'll put my word in with Coughlin.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bellichek benched Ridley after one fumble. One. The guy was a stud all last year and one fumble and he's riding the pine. You can't protect the ball you don't play. Mistakes lose games.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Bellichek benched Ridley after one fumble. One. The guy was a stud all last year and one fumble and he's riding the pine. You can't protect the ball you don't play. Mistakes lose games.

Thats not a smart football decision... its more for their personal satisfaction and pride. Just look at the cardinals. They drafted tryaan mathieu when no one else would. they didnt worry about any of his problems, and now they got the best safety in the draft by far. ahman green used to fumble the most of any RB when he was on the packers... they stuck with him and he put up around 2000 all purpose yards every year. sometimes you just have to play your best players, and it will pay off in the long run. if they bench wilson again, he will lose all confidence and completely go unforgotten in the nfl. you cant be stubborn in this league. you will only hurt yourself.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KushPacker wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Thats not a smart football decision... its more for their personal satisfaction and pride. Just look at the cardinals. They drafted tryaan mathieu when no one else would. they didnt worry about any of his problems, and now they got the best safety in the draft by far. ahman green used to fumble the most of any RB when he was on the packers... they stuck with him and he put up around 2000 all purpose yards every year. sometimes you just have to play your best players, and it will pay off in the long run. if they bench wilson again, he will lose all confidence and completely go unforgotten in the nfl. you cant be stubborn in this league. you will only hurt yourself.

Sure he's currently our best player at RB. That doesn't mean he'll be better for the team than a vet we bring in. Or even maybe Scott. The best player isn't always the best player for the team. That's deep right thurr.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: