You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 Post Game Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
dkebones wrote:
shout out to Aaron Ross. i thought he played a good game with a few PDs. i thought the PI call over Dez's back was borderline (though i believe non-issue because we got those back-to-back sacks). but then again, the rules do everything they can to take the DB out of the game, so...

easier to watch him the second time around with no more "we spent WHAT round pick on this guy.....?!?!?" stigma attached Laughing

I thought the secondary played really with getting little help from the pass rush. T2 was slow but that should be expected. Hopefully he works out his two years of rust

T2 didnt look slow to me. Maybe i need to watch the game again but he didnt look slow to me, he looked good. Though its strange that our coverage was good with the lack of pass rush. Usually that spells DOOM.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
dkebones wrote:
shout out to Aaron Ross. i thought he played a good game with a few PDs. i thought the PI call over Dez's back was borderline (though i believe non-issue because we got those back-to-back sacks). but then again, the rules do everything they can to take the DB out of the game, so...

easier to watch him the second time around with no more "we spent WHAT round pick on this guy.....?!?!?" stigma attached Laughing

I thought the secondary played really with getting little help from the pass rush. T2 was slow but that should be expected. Hopefully he works out his two years of rust

T2 didnt look slow to me. Maybe i need to watch the game again but he didnt look slow to me, he looked good. Though its strange that our coverage was good with the lack of pass rush. Usually that spells DOOM.

Well he was never fast and the ACLs certainly didn't help but he didn't look like he lost anything mentally. Showed good instincts and willingness to get physical. He's not going to go step for step with guys like Dez and Austin.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prince in doubt for next week. great. Rolling Eyes
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm about as happy as a fan can be after a game with 6 turnovers. Dallas has a potent offense, we gave them 6 extra opportunities (including 2 in their own red zone I believe?) and we lost by 6 points. I mean. C'mon now. We get a vet RB back there who can pass protect and plays well in short yardage while Wilson gets the Tiki Treatment and...we're a pretty scary team IMO.

Location: Founder and Chairman of the He-Man Oline Haters Club.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Personally I'm about as happy as a fan can be after a game with 6 turnovers. Dallas has a potent offense, we gave them 6 extra opportunities (including 2 in their own red zone I believe?) and we lost by 6 points. I mean. C'mon now. We get a vet RB back there who can pass protect and plays well in short yardage while Wilson gets the Tiki Treatment and...we're a pretty scary team IMO.

Eh I dont know about that, sure our defense played well considering they seemed to be on the field 95% of the time. But our offense was just pitiful, sure signing a vet rb like McGahee or Turner sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure how much it will help.

Eli needs to turn it around and quit waiting for the 4th to turn into a super human.

We also had 4/5 dropped balls last night some of those resulting in turnovers which ultimately turned into points that should have been ours.

Also our damn special teams is still one of the worst in the league, we as fans shouldn't have to pray that our return man doesn't muff the football every time they punt/kick it to him. I feel like this is the weakest we've ever been from just last night.

All in all I don't think we are even close to a scary team if we were to sign a vet rb.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Eh I dont know about that, sure our defense played well considering they seemed to be on the field 95% of the time. But our offense was just pitiful, sure signing a vet rb like McGahee or Turner sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure how much it will help.

Eli needs to turn it around and quit waiting for the 4th to turn into a super human.

We also had 4/5 dropped balls last night some of those resulting in turnovers which ultimately turned into points that should have been ours.

Also our damn special teams is still one of the worst in the league, we as fans shouldn't have to pray that our return man doesn't muff the football every time they punt/kick it to him. I feel like this is the weakest we've ever been from just last night.

All in all I don't think we are even close to a scary team if we were to sign a vet rb.

Eli threw for over 400 yards and 4 TDs. 2 of his picks I put at least partly on the RB's (tips, not being where they're supposed to be, bad pass protection). So those could be shored up by a vet in the back field.

Having a vet in the back field also means we can (potentially) put Wilson back on return duty. That addresses some of the special teams...but Randle did pretty well IMO.

Don't see why you're so downer on our situation. 6 TO's and losing by 6 points on the road is pretty huge imo.

I'm also encouraged with what I saw. The passing game looks potent. The run defense looked much improved with some big bodies up front. Our secondary played surprisingly well. Pugh looked good. We just need to get our running backs to straighten out. That said, we're likely starting 0-2 going up against the Broncos this week.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
NoFlyZone

GmenSeattle wrote:

Oh come on.. it's not like Dallas played very well. Without the turnovers, their pass defense (especially Will Allen) was extremely bad and let the Giants back into the game. Claiborne couldn't cover a slant 1 on 1 to save his life, and Scandrick was pretty bad too.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Eli threw for over 400 yards and 4 TDs. 2 of his picks I put at least partly on the RB's (tips, not being where they're supposed to be, bad pass protection). So those could be shored up by a vet in the back field.

Having a vet in the back field also means we can (potentially) put Wilson back on return duty. That addresses some of the special teams...but Randle did pretty well IMO.

Don't see why you're so downer on our situation. 6 TO's and losing by 6 points on the road is pretty huge imo.

Not being a downer, just trying to be real. I dont see us being a force to be reckoned with after last nights performance. We're not always going to get that lucky turning the ball over 6 times and only losing by that little. I know that if we were to turn the ball over 6 times next week we're going to lose by 21 at the least.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Oh come on.. it's not like Dallas played very well. Without the turnovers, their pass defense (especially Will Allen) was extremely bad and let the Giants back into the game. Claiborne couldn't cover a slant 1 on 1 to save his life, and Scandrick was pretty bad too.

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. You came into our forum last week telling us that Claiborne was going to shut down Nicks and that you liked every single matchup outside of the Dallas run D. You get 6 turnovers and win by 6 points and you're saying it's due to Dallas not playing well.

I stand by my comments. There are rough spots but the Giants have a lot of potential to be a force in the NFC. This is not what I was expecting before the game TBH. I was expecting the defense to have issues more or less across the board and I was expecting the offense to have to keep us in the game and it was the other way around.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. You came into our forum last week telling us that Claiborne was going to shut down Nicks and that you liked every single matchup outside of the Dallas run D. You get 6 turnovers and win by 6 points and you're saying it's due to Dallas not playing well.

I stand by my comments. There are rough spots but the Giants have a lot of potential to be a force in the NFC. This is not what I was expecting before the game TBH. I was expecting the defense to have issues more or less across the board and I was expecting the offense to have to keep us in the game and it was the other way around.

Yes, I thought Claiborne would play well. He played as bad last night as he did at any point last season. I'm not going to make excuses for him, he was really bad. I'm waiting for coaches film to be available so I can watch and see what his issues were. It seemed like he was giving Randle and Nicks a ton of space though.. which is exactly the opposite of how he played against the Giants last year.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 450 yards, it was definitely a fly zone. Unfortunately some of them flew to the other team.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually happy with the way our secondary played though

Webster and Ross definitely stepped up last night and were the reason the game was so close.

Hopefully Prince will be back next week for Denver, if not TT and Mundy are gonna have to step their game up.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the 88 blue won the battle against the one in white. Very Happy

But in regards to T2, yeh he was never fast to begin with but in regards to his movement he looked the same pre injury.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Looks like the 88 blue won the battle against the one in white. Very Happy

But in regards to T2, yeh he was never fast to begin with but in regards to his movement he looked the same pre injury.

And the man clearly remembers how to tackle.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: