Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Malcolm Jenkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare I say, he's played like a top 10 FS this year so far?

Might have played his career best game today. Great game by MJ27.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:

Malcolm Jenkins = Big $$$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
krewe_dat_504

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always knew he still had it in him. 2010 was no fluke.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I hope we don't pay him big $$$, not when we have a good FS in Bush right behind him. We won't be able to take MJ on a high salary. I'd love to keep him, but only for the right price.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
Magnifico

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Paying an individual because they had one good season before their payday is what silly franchises do.

We should give him an incentive laden contract if he can keep this level of play up during the year with several performance escalators. MJ has been great so far this year but done little else recently to earn the trust of a huge contract like Jimmy Graham or Cameron Jordan.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnifico wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Paying an individual because they had one good season before their payday is what silly franchises do.

We should give him an incentive laden contract if he can keep this level of play up during the year with several performance escalators. MJ has been great so far this year but done little else recently to earn the trust of a huge contract like Jimmy Graham or Cameron Jordan.

I have to agree with Mr. Magnifico here. Incentives keeps the old guys hungry. Old guys as in veterans (not necessarily age).

^NS922 on the sig^
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Magnifico wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I have to agree with Mr. Magnifico here. Incentives keeps the old guys hungry. Old guys as in veterans (not necessarily age).

Free agent young veterans coming off a breakout season don't sign for incentives... they go after guarantee's. In the case of Jenkins, If he continues to have a breakout season, if the Saints opt to not give him market value he'll get it elsewhere.

Like I said... the Saints will have a tough decision to make, not Jenkins.

domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to pay for a guy who can't even be serviceable unless a scheme fits him.

He's playing great in 2013, and he played very well in 2010, but we can't just forget about 2011 and 2012 like they didn't happen. When negotiating, if he wants to act like those two years didn't happen while 2010 and 2013 did, I'm fine letting him walk.

Like said above, overpaying after one up year is what stupid teams do. I'll be disappointed if it happens to us.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
I don't want to pay for a guy who can't even be serviceable unless a scheme fits him.

He's playing great in 2013, and he played very well in 2010, but we can't just forget about 2011 and 2012 like they didn't happen. When negotiating, if he wants to act like those two years didn't happen while 2010 and 2013 did, I'm fine letting him walk.

Like said above, overpaying after one up year is what stupid teams do. I'll be disappointed if it happens to us.

I wouldn't even really say he played very well in 2010. He only started half that year, and wasn't anything special. He was serviceable, but not great. This is really his first great year, and that scares me. All of a sudden, in a contract year, our FS is starting to put effort into defending the run and actually being in the right places in coverage? Thanks for the season Malcolm, but if he wants big money he can go elsewhere.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

I wouldn't even really say he played very well in 2010. He only started half that year, and wasn't anything special. He was serviceable, but not great. This is really his first great year, and that scares me. All of a sudden, in a contract year, our FS is starting to put effort into defending the run and actually being in the right places in coverage? Thanks for the season Malcolm, but if he wants big money he can go elsewhere.

I think the thing with Jenkins is that he finally has a DC that utilizes his skill set and what he does best to the top of his potential but also with the combination that (like most of all of us always said) he's finally playing with a safety that can cover and doesn't have the entire burden on the back end.

SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, he's been one of the biggest supporters of RR. He was one of the first to speak out about how he favors RR over Spags. So i think he might not go after top dollar if it means he gets to stay in RR's defense. That being said, if he does push for money, i say let him walk. Love Jenkins, love him love him love him, but one year of great play, one year of good play, and two years of shoddy play don't equate to big money.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I love that he's playing great, but he's made me break too many things around the house in years past with his crap coverage. I'll cry if we give him big money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: