Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Malcolm Jenkins
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Malcolm Jenkins Reply with quote

I thought we needed a thread to discuss the suck that is Malcolm Jenkins. He is by far the WORST starter on our team. I have no idea how he still has a job, can anyone tell me what his strength is? Because I really don't think he has one.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Malcolm Jenkins Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I thought we needed a thread to discuss the suck that is Malcolm Jenkins. He is by far the WORST starter on our team. I have no idea how he still has a job, can anyone tell me what his strength is? Because I really don't think he has one.

He's had a couple crucial strips at perfect times in his career.

Other than that.... uhhh.... I mean, his branding thing he got at school, that probably hurt, so uhhhh... I mean.... He's probably tough.... I think?......

Seriously though, Vacarro at FS, Bush at SS until we're in the redzone or on running plays, then sub in Harper. Isa can come in on 3 safety sets.

Jenkins should be cut or traded(lol) and a Jay Richardson, Riddick, or Martin should be brought in.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 23 receptions, 199 yards, 10 first downs, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards, 2 first downs
Corey White - 20 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why Jenkins is still on the team. Its baffling. He must be a practice warrior.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he's a good locker room guy.. He's a captain isn't be? Idk. He's garbage though lol

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper's biggest fan saying that Jenkins sucks... Laughing

Seriously though, i like both players. But they're almost exact opposites. Jenkins is actually very athletic, but he needs a mindset adjustment. He takes bad angles, gets out of position, etc. Harper, on the other hand, knows exactly what to do and where to be on every play. He just lacks the athleticism.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
krewebrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Jenkins go back to corner. It seems he did better there than he's been doing at FS. Put Rafeal at FS and Jenkins at nickel/dime. He athleticism should take care of him in man, but in a zone he's lost.
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:

Seriously though, i like both players. But they're almost exact opposites. Jenkins is actually very athletic, but he needs a mindset adjustment. He takes bad angles, gets out of position, etc. Harper, on the other hand, knows exactly what to do and where to be on every play. He just lacks the athleticism.

Roman Harper is a much better player than Malcolm Jenkins, thats not even debatable not to mention Harper looked great last night and he actually did a fantastic job on Tony G. Malcolm Jenkins is useless. He can't tackle, he has brick hands, he's always out of position, he takes awful routes. I honestly can't think of a single thing that Jenkins does well.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
SaintsBeast wrote:

Roman Harper is a much better player than Malcolm Jenkins, thats not even debatable not to mention Harper looked great last night and he actually did a fantastic job on Tony G. Malcolm Jenkins is useless. He can't tackle, he has brick hands, he's always out of position, he takes awful routes. I honestly can't think of a single thing that Jenkins does well.

He does a great job of upsetting you... lol

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
SaintsBeast wrote:

He needs a mindset adjustment. He's not looked... better, by any stretch of the imagination, but he didn't look AS bad. Plus Jenkins is about twice the athlete.

And last time i checked, the only reason your boy ended up with a FR last game was BECAUSE of Jenkins forcing the fumble. Guess those stone hands are good for something, huh? Wink

Another note; We gave up two big plays last game. One was ALL Jenkins. Hands down. Awful angle, Douglas ends up with a 50 yard play.
However, Harper made just as egregious an error on Jackson's 50 yard run. Awful angle. I don't care if he "thought" it would be play action. Unless you can see the football in the QBs hand, you play the running back.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why must we use labels such as FS and SS?

Bottom line, we need more 3 safeties set, which we ran a lot in the Atlanta game with Jenkins, Harp, and Vaccaro.

We need one with Bush, Vaccaro, and Harper, and one with Bush, Vaccaro, and Isa. Jenkins should never see the field unless injuries cause him to be. Harper is good in the box, and you play Vaccaro and Bush back deep/in coverage, or on obvious passing downs if you don't want a blitzer (Harper), put in Isa and have Isa, Bush, and Vaccaro playing in coverage/deep.

That's what we need to do.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

#FreeBrandonHarris

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
spanky3801

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone can argue whatever they want. The bottom line... answer this question. What is Jenkins good at?
Can he cover man to man? NO
Can he cover zones? NO
Can he Blitz? NO
Can he offer run support? NO
Can he play center field? NO
Can he assist corners over the top? NO
Can he strip the ball once every two to three years? Sure, hot me there.
Why is this guy coveted by so many? Because he was drafted so high. If he were a late round pick, we would've cut him the first preseason. He was moved to FS because he was too slow to play corner, not because of his athletic ability. BTW, Harper sucks, too. Take there money and go get Jarius Byrd, a true center fielder.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
Everyone can argue whatever they want. The bottom line... answer this question. What is Jenkins good at?
Can he cover man to man? NO
Can he cover zones? NO
Can he Blitz? NO
Can he offer run support? NO
Can he play center field? NO
Can he assist corners over the top? NO
Can he strip the ball once every two to three years? Sure, hot me there.
Why is this guy coveted by so many? Because he was drafted so high. If he were a late round pick, we would've cut him the first preseason. He was moved to FS because he was too slow to play corner, not because of his athletic ability. BTW, Harper sucks, too. Take there money and go get Jarius Byrd, a true center fielder.

I agree with you about Jenkins, but I'd rather not go spend expensive cap on Jarius Byrd when we have 3 very good safeties on our roster. Rafael Bush started the last 5 weeks last season and was our only positive grade on the defense (this is on PFF). He's a good safety.

I don't like using labels such as FS and SS, but Bush, Quddus, and Vaccaro are all good safeties. Harper is good at being an in the box safety as well, I'd keep him (mainly for depth, he wouldn't see the field much, also for little money).

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

#FreeBrandonHarris

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
NS922

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He took the most horrible angles I've ever seen yesterday
krewebrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I agree that Jenkins shouldn't be a FS or a starter, I think y'all r undervaluing him. We all agree that he can't play zone. His reads are terrible and his angles suck. I would like to see him move back to CB in a dime role. I want to see him in man. He hasn't played much since 2010. He's not a great blitzer, but for a DB he's good. Had he not gotten hurt he would've had 107 tackles, more than any FS and 3 amoung DBs. That's skewed because our LBs weren't tackling anything. I'm not saying he's great against the run, but as a CB with a box of only 5, he could be an asset. Also his blitzing is under rated. He's no Harp, but for dime we're looking at Robinson or White. I just think that in that role he proveds some versatility that others don't. Obviously I like Robinson (check the sig) I'd put him at dime, but you know someone's gonna get hurt, then he could take that role.

Basically move him to CB put him 7th on depth chart for DBs, but keep him on the team.
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
SaintsBeast wrote:

He does a great job of upsetting you... lol

I tend to get upset when players suck. I often got upset at Jermon Bushrod and Zac Strief last year too. Malcolm Jenkins might be the worst starting FS in the league, if he's not, he's certainly in the discussion.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: