Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We should have drafted Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ShaX still want Kaepernick after tonights debacle?

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think were using Cam wrong by making him a pocket quarter back? Cam has always been a dynamic runner and known for his passing second. If we tell him to hang in the pocket and be a traditional QB doesn't that defeat the point of having such a weapon like himself?

I don't want to go back to that zone reading crap because that didn't work for our guys so Im starting to think the makeup of our team is flawed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
Anyone think were using Cam wrong by making him a pocket quarter back? Cam has always been a dynamic runner and known for his passing second. If we tell him to hang in the pocket and be a traditional QB doesn't that defeat the point of having such a weapon like himself?

I don't want to go back to that zone reading crap because that didn't work for our guys so Im starting to think the makeup of our team is flawed.

I absolutely do. Listen, I understand him wanting to be pass first. I understand the coaches wanting him to be pass first. I understand the fans wanting him to be pass first. But that doesnt mean you just stop using your legs. The threat of him taking off is what keeps defenses off balance. Which he needs. Because he aint never gonna be a Peyton Manning.

For gods sake, Cam... RUN! The offense needs it. The team needs it. Your passing game needs it.

CK on the sig
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:

Yes. If you want to define Kaepernick by 1 game, then do the same for Cam. It wouldn't be hard considering Cam is 13-21 as a starter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:

Yes. If you want to define Kaepernick by 1 game, then do the same for Cam. It wouldn't be hard considering Cam is 13-21 as a starter.

I believe the Panthers are 13-21 in that time, not Cam.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:

I didn't decide to create the statistic for a QB's record as a starter, and we could debate until the end of time just how meaningful the number really is.

In the meantime, if you don't like the statistic, you should take it up with the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:

I didn't decide to create the statistic for a QB's record as a starter, and we could debate until the end of time just how meaningful the number really is.

In the meantime, if you don't like the statistic, you should take it up with the NFL.

So...Terry Bradshaw must be the best QB of all time then, right? And Trent Dilfer>Dan Marino?
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/player/peytonmanning/2501863/careerstats

Am I missing it? Where are they listing wins as a QB stat?

CK on the sig
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
panther dude wrote:

I absolutely do. Listen, I understand him wanting to be pass first. I understand the coaches wanting him to be pass first. I understand the fans wanting him to be pass first. But that doesnt mean you just stop using your legs. The threat of him taking off is what keeps defenses off balance. Which he needs. Because he aint never gonna be a Peyton Manning.

For gods sake, Cam... RUN! The offense needs it. The team needs it. Your passing game needs it.
Pretty much. What I want is for Cam to be a QB. "Conventional", "Running/Mobile", whatever. None of that matters. Make the throws, but don't forget your legs are an excellent weapon. Lead the team down the field.

I didn't want the offense to eschew the zone option stuff entirely, I just didn't really like Newton getting 15 called runs a game. Still need to call it every now and again. Or, you know, just let him line up and go get the first down to ice the game when it's 4th and 1.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:

But but but how did lowly Cam Newton look better against the Seahawks than the all powerful and amazing Colin Kaepernick? Did they trade Jerseys or something?

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
jofos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:

How about back to back games?

I think Kaepernick and Cam are both good QBs with very bright futures. What you saw today with Kaep was a QB without very many weapons, no Davis or Crabtree. What you have seen since Cam has been in the league is a QB without many weapons.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
panther dude wrote:

Pretty much. What I want is for Cam to be a QB. "Conventional", "Running/Mobile", whatever. None of that matters. Make the throws, but don't forget your legs are an excellent weapon. Lead the team down the field.

I didn't want the offense to eschew the zone option stuff entirely, I just didn't really like Newton getting 15 called runs a game. Still need to call it every now and again. Or, you know, just let him line up and go get the first down to ice the game when it's 4th and 1.

We should be coaching this damn team.

CK on the sig
89 06 MVP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still keep Cam over Kaepernick because I seen what Kaepernick can do with weapons. We have yet to see what Cam can do if he had more weapons and it wouldn't hurt to get a offensive mind coach in here to help him fine tune his technic as it was seen on the flats pass to Dwill today.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL anyone who thinks Kaepernick is better than Cam Newton is delusional

Cam Newton has had one of the greatest starts to a career in NFL history in terms of production. Literally only Dan Marino has had a better one in terms of total TDs. And no one has had a better one in terms of total yards

Kaepernick inherited a team that was good enough to make the NFC Championship game without him.

Now that you guys have a defense you are a legit threat to make the post-season
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
LOL anyone who thinks Kaepernick is better than Cam Newton is delusional

Cam Newton has had one of the greatest starts to a career in NFL history in terms of production. Literally only Dan Marino has had a better one in terms of total TDs. And no one has had a better one in terms of total yards

Kaepernick inherited a team that was good enough to make the NFC Championship game without him.

Now that you guys have a defense you are a legit threat to make the post-season

Thank you. People are crucifying Cam for things that are out of his control. Sure he isn't perfect, but saying we should have drafted Kaepernick 1st overall is just insane.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: