Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We should have drafted Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cam has made his fair share of mistakes too. not saying he's perfect by any means. but to say kaepernick would be doing better and winning more games is, at the least, a stretch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

Yeah yeah we got it... It's everyone's fault but Cam's.

Just know that the only QB who threw for fewer yards in Week 1 than Cam is Blaine Gabbert. Rolling Eyes

Yep. And to you it's no one's fault but Cam. Rolling Eyes

Nonsense like this needs to go to the ESPN comments section where it belongs.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget Kaepernick, we should have brought in Chip Kelly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

Yeah yeah we got it... It's everyone's fault but Cam's.

Just know that the only QB who threw for fewer yards in Week 1 than Cam is Blaine Gabbert. Rolling Eyes

Yep. And to you it's no one's fault but Cam. Rolling Eyes

Nonsense like this needs to go to the ESPN comments section where it belongs.

I never said that at all... All I said is Kaepernick is better than Cam. I simply pointed out the fact that people on here like to blame everyone BUT Cam, but he shared the blame in a lot of losses last year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:

^ This. Watching the Eagles offense tonight is slightly depressing for us, considering they put up more points/yards in the 1st Quarter than we did all game yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
So everyone's response is simply "We can't turn back the clock and draft this person or that person"....

So we just continue to be a [inappropriate/removed] team and not try to rectify our DRAFTING problems, coaching problems, personnel problems or any other problems.. We'll just sit back and say "oh well, we can't change it now".

Got it. You guys are really eager fans.

Nobody would have drafted Kap with the first pick.

Again, I am not getting your point. We can go back to every draft and find where we could have done better. We should have drafted Tom Brady. We should have drafted AAron Rodgers. We should have drafted... whoever. What's the point? EVERY TEAM HITS ON PICKS AND EVERY TEAM MISSES. You are sitting here and acting like we failed because we didnt draft a projected 3rd round pick with the first overall pick. That's ludicrisp.

As far as being content with the status quo, the guy that we allllll thought was a poor drafter is gone now. And in his place is a guy that, by all accounts, is doing pretty dang well. So why are we content with poor drafting because we arent complaining about drafting Cam instead of Kap??? Does complaining about something that was done 3 years ago by a guy that isnt even with the organization anymore somehow make you a fan that want to win? Am I content with mediocrity because I see absolutely no point in complaining that we should have taken Tom Brady in the first instead on Rashad Anderson back in 2000?

CK on the sig
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:

Oh, no doubt. I'm dumbfounded we kept Rivera and didn't pursue him. Guarantee he would have chosen us too because of Cam. He's a coach you see on the sideline and looks like he will do anything for his team to win.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to say that now. Honestly you could be creating a thread right now stating the team should have drafted Cam #1 if Kaep had played out that way in 11 draft. Who knows.
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have drafted Brady too.

I'm sure on draft day 2011 you were pushing for Kaep first overall. I mean it was so obvious...

Give me a break. The Cam hate is 100% absurd and lacking of ANY football knowledge. He's a great QB with elite talent. We just have a horrible coaching staff and Hurney put us into an unwinnable position.

We have no offensive line, our only weapons right now are Smith and Olsen. One of our highest paid players plays about 3 games a year (Stewart), and another is our FULLBACK.

This year might not be the best, but once we get out of HurneyHell financially we will have an amazing core of players (Cam/Luke/Star) and can build around them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both QBs a lot. But man, imagine if we had drafted AJ Green with the first pick and Kaepernick in the second round (had we kept the pick). That offense would have been unstoppable. Hindsight 20/20 though.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For real dude?

That would be like if Landry Jones were drafted 1st overall this year. Now I'm not saying he's as good as Kaep. However, the reaction would be the same. I'm sure if Kaep was drafted 1st overall in 2011. Everyone on here and their mothers would be in an uproar. We'd all be upset and everyone would be calling for the FO's heads.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
rjkilla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
We should have drafted Brady too.

I'm sure on draft day 2011 you were pushing for Kaep first overall. I mean it was so obvious...

Give me a break. The Cam hate is 100% absurd and lacking of ANY football knowledge. He's a great QB with elite talent. We just have a horrible coaching staff and Hurney put us into an unwinnable position.

We have no offensive line, our only weapons right now are Smith and Olsen. One of our highest paid players plays about 3 games a year (Stewart), and another is our FULLBACK.

This year might not be the best, but once we get out of HurneyHell financially we will have an amazing core of players (Cam/Luke/Star) and can build around them.

that's IF those guys decide to resign here...i think cam is as good as gone since nobody seems interested in getting him an oline that can block or any weapons other than smitty and olsen. why would this strong "core" want to stick around and miss the playoffs every year? cam is gonna break the bank as the highest paid qb in the league when he hits free agency. his days here are numbered

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cam is not going to be even remotely close to being the highest paid QB. he hasn't, and probably won't, get a winning season by the time we can negotiate with him this offseason. and no one is going to give him that much $. do you think flacco would have been paid as much if he didnt get the ravens a lombardi? not to mention he and the wonderboy kaepernick will be signing deals at the same time and if kaep is SOOOOO much better, wont he be making more?

yall need to relax. gettleman shaved $30m off the cap this past offseason. he had no hand in rivera staying. he got us a ton of depth in the front seven (cole, star, short, blackburn, klein). upgraded the safety position. got us a good returner or two to improve our anemic ST. after this year we're probably getting a new coach and will focus completely on offense. no reason to not trust gettleman imo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
cam is not going to be even remotely close to being the highest paid QB. he hasn't, and probably won't, get a winning season by the time we can negotiate with him this offseason. and no one is going to give him that much $. do you think flacco would have been paid as much if he didnt get the ravens a lombardi? not to mention he and the wonderboy kaepernick will be signing deals at the same time and if kaep is SOOOOO much better, wont he be making more?

yall need to relax. gettleman shaved $30m off the cap this past offseason. he had no hand in rivera staying. he got us a ton of depth in the front seven (cole, star, short, blackburn, klein). upgraded the safety position. got us a good returner or two to improve our anemic ST. after this year we're probably getting a new coach and will focus completely on offense. no reason to not trust gettleman imo.

watch how much the eagles pay him to replace vick and play with kelly as his coach. i bet it's at least top 3 if not 1st for qbs in the league prob 5-6 yrs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
Zithers wrote:

watch how much the eagles pay him to replace vick and play with kelly as his coach. i bet it's at least top 3 if not 1st for qbs in the league prob 5-6 yrs

I don't disagree. We will really need to show Cam something for him to say here. I still have a lot of hope for this season as so far we lost to a top NFC team and that's it.

That being said if we don't have a playoff run in the next two years Cam is out of here and we are back to square one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: