Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We should have drafted Kaepernick
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaX 07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: We should have drafted Kaepernick Reply with quote

I'm almost surprised no one else has said it yet.... The reality is, Kaepernick is better than Cam Newton, and I don't even think it's close. Sure Kaep has a better supporting cast, but lets face it, he' just a better passer and Cam appears to be simply a mediocre QB who can produce good stats but can't translate them to wins.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can wish all you want, but at the end of the day you can't change anything about it.

I thought Cam played pretty good today, but he needs more weapons, especially at WR.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap is getting top notch world class coaching. Imagine what cam could be with harbaugh or even Pete carrol as a coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
Kap is getting top notch world class coaching. Imagine what cam could be with harbaugh or even Pete carrol as a coach

This. This. This.

It doesn't matter who our QB is, if the coaching was better; we'd be making adjustments, game planing better, attacking opponents weaknesses efficiently, using our weapons better; thus winning games.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers27 wrote:
You can wish all you want, but at the end of the day you can't change anything about it.

I thought Cam played pretty good today, but he needs more weapons, especially at WR.

Well as a Carolina Panthers fan, this is ALL we can do, is WISH. We can't enjoy anything else because we are a losing franchise with no light at the end of the tunnel.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Kaep he has better supporting cast, coach, defense, coordinators, but I'm sure if he was on the Panthers we would be the Super Bowl champs!

Rolling Eyes

Cam isn't the problem.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the other 30 teams that passed on him wished they had him. And all the teams that passed on favre, and brady. It happens. But I'm not putting this on Cam. I blame coaching and the lack of talent around him. Is Cam blameless? Nope. But this is only his third year and IMO he's improved every year. He cut down on TO's last year and this year he became a leader and captain. Cam is our franchise QB period and I honestly do not want anyone else. Build around him. Or he'll go the way of steven jax

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
That's pretty much it in a nutshell
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: We should have drafted Kaepernick Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
I'm almost surprised no one else has said it yet.... The reality is, Kaepernick is better than Cam Newton, and I don't even think it's close. Sure Kaep has a better supporting cast, but lets face it, he' just a better passer and Cam appears to be simply a mediocre QB who can produce good stats but can't translate them to wins.

Perhaps nobody else is really saying it because it really doesn't matter.

CK on the sig
norg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah all 32 teams passed up on kap some prob twice
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Rivera.

That is all.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the dude's frustration! I think the franchise leadership could have done a better job leading? Make a big move in free agency every now and then, fire Marty Hurney BEFORE he puts us in cap hell! Draft better! See Everette Brown, Jeff Otah, Armanti Edwards, Eric Shelton, Mike Goodson, Jimmy Claussen, Terrell McClain, Sione Fua, Sherrod Martin, Corvey Irvin, Brandon Lafell, trades like acquiring Jake Delhomme, Vinny Testaverde, Brian St Clair. I mean the list goes on and on. However, I like this new G.M I think we are on the right track. I think he makes a move for Hakeem Nicks OR Jairus Byrd next year and he sures up the OL. I really do. I think we must endure this season and the ups and downs that go with it. I hate the Seahawks! I hate losing to them! I am a realist. You turn the ball over and commit dumb penalties, you usually lose games in this league, its that simple! I think that this season is brand new and its too early for the sky is falling! I do sympathize with that guy as im sure you fellow fans do too, to a degree. We are okay and have a GREAT young base of players and the future is very bright in Charlotte! Very Happy
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if cam were on the 9ers and being coached by harbaugh, he'd probably be a 2 time SB MVP by now

instead he gets ron rivera, mike shula/ken dorsey, a porous OL, shoddy ST play, prevent defense, college offense playcalls, etc.

look at context

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newton, in my opinion, looked as good as I have ever seen him yesterday. Or maybe I am just seeing things. But he looked composed. He looked accurate. I didn't see any too uncatchable passes. It seemed on one where it might have been short for Olsen, that Olsen may have ran the wrong route or something - he certainly could have caught it. Threw one of the more spectacular passes I have seen which was eventually dropped, which could have changed this game. He was decisive. If he was going to throw it, he threw it. If he was going to tuck it and run, he tucked it and ran. If he was going to checkdown, he scanned through his reads and then checked down when necessary - Williams made an impact in the pass game today for once. His footwork looked solid for the most part and his pocket presence was splendid. People are saying we handcuffed him. But I disagree. According to Newton, we had downfield plays dialed up; simply Newton didn't want to take them. I am going to take the safe bet and say he didn't take them because Seattle's secondary didn't allow it to open up. He is no longer looking to force it.

For once, after a loss (which happens to be to an elite defense with nice talent on offense, even if I doubted them), can someone not overreact? I mean yeah I do during the heat of the moment. But acting like taking Kaepernick would have changed anything is useless. Kaepernick and the 49ers offense got steamrolled by Seattle last year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where exactly were we supposed to draft him? First overall?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: