You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We should have drafted Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Where exactly were we supposed to draft him? First overall?


Yes. Do you not think he is good enough to warrant a #1 overall pick? Because he's looking like one of the Top 5 QBs in the league.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wolf7373


Joined: 24 Mar 2012
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindsight is 20/20. Did you ever watch Kaep. at Nevada? His throwing motion, foot work and technique are completely different than they were back then. Kaep would not be as refined without the help of Harbaugh. Kaep plays with Vernon Davis Anquan Boldin the best run blocking oline in the game and has arguably a top 3 NFL head coach who by the way helped develop Andrew Luck and was trying to get RG3 at Stanford. Cam wasn't flawless yesterday but he sure as hell wasn't bad. Its one game people. The Giants lost to the redskins twice in the same season and then won the Super Bowl. Teams get better and teams get worse during the season. Hopefully the offense plays better as the season goes on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 26303
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaep is talented, but Jim Harbaugh has made him into who he is.

Does anyone know the feeling of watching a game and seeing a Harbaugh, Carroll, or Belichick who look like they are running the game and will do anything to make it a win? I feel like we don't have a chance because Rivera seems to be watching in a stoic, confused, blind mouse type of way. Anyone else feel this?
_________________

JF16 Forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32869
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Where exactly were we supposed to draft him? First overall?


Yes. Do you not think he is good enough to warrant a #1 overall pick? Because he's looking like one of the Top 5 QBs in the league.


He wasn't remotely close to being good enough to warrant a first round pick while he was at Nevada, much less the first overall pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Where exactly were we supposed to draft him? First overall?


Yes. Do you not think he is good enough to warrant a #1 overall pick? Because he's looking like one of the Top 5 QBs in the league.


He wasn't remotely close to being good enough to warrant a first round pick while he was at Nevada, much less the first overall pick.


Harbaugh has catered their offense around his strengths, that's what any good coach does. That's why they are winning, if Kaepernick was on a team with a lesser head coach, I doubt he has the same success.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4223
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and should have kept Revis with the pick instead of trading it and we should have gotten this person over this one and be a perfect drafter which there is no such thing.
_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tbrown2699


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 2396
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Panthers should have drafted Aaron Rogers...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryanxmerch


Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 387
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like if you compare the first 10 games or however many start keapernick has. You will find that's have a very similar stat line. Defenses are still trying to figure out how to defend him. Just like defenses didnt know what to do with newton. I think kaepernick's success will slow down once defenses get a read on what San Francisco wants to do with him.
_________________
www.myspace.com/blacklisted
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 26303
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Chip Kelly would have done wonders for this franchise.
_________________

JF16 Forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone's response is simply "We can't turn back the clock and draft this person or that person"....

So we just continue to be a [inappropriate/removed] team and not try to rectify our DRAFTING problems, coaching problems, personnel problems or any other problems.. We'll just sit back and say "oh well, we can't change it now".

Got it. You guys are really eager fans.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 3268
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
So everyone's response is simply "We can't turn back the clock and draft this person or that person"....

So we just continue to be a [inappropriate/removed] team and not try to rectify our DRAFTING problems, coaching problems, personnel problems or any other problems.. We'll just sit back and say "oh well, we can't change it now".

Got it. You guys are really eager fans.


a few people on this board want rivera to be fired and dont think we'll do anything as long as he's here...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
So everyone's response is simply "We can't turn back the clock and draft this person or that person"....

So we just continue to be a [inappropriate/removed] team and not try to rectify our DRAFTING problems, coaching problems, personnel problems or any other problems.. We'll just sit back and say "oh well, we can't change it now".

Got it. You guys are really eager fans.


a few people on this board want rivera to be fired and dont think we'll do anything as long as he's here...


a few... the rest don't think Kaepernick is better than Cam. Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 3268
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh if cam and kaepernick switched places back in 2011, we'd all be saying we should have taken cam.

kaepernick is working with a fantastic coach, the best OL in football by a wide margin, has plenty of weapons, a top five defense, and great special teams.

cam newton has a coach who hasnt proven anything, an OL with two players who could start on other teams, two receivers, a defense that has sucked in the past (and blows it in the 4th), and horrific god awful embarrassing special teams.

i mean there were 3 games last season where the panthers were winning the last time cam had touched the ball, but we wound up losing (falcons 1, bears, bucs 2). that could have made us 10-6 if haruki nakamura or josh norman or whoever does their job.

plus we can go back to 2011... cam drives us down the field against the vikings including converting 4th and 15 only for mare to shank a 31 yarder. mare shanks another late kick after a big drive against the falcons to miss out on a lead. ron rivera calls a timeout so the saints can kick a field goal before halftime. cam newton drives offense down field to score a touchdown with a minute left in the game... then brees blows down the field in 60 seconds to win by... surprise! 3 points from that field goal we gifted them!

kaepernick would not change any of this. simple and plain. the 49ers have a better roster, better coaching, better FO, etc. if cam were in san fran they'd have won probably two more super bowls by now. cam has played more than well enough to put us in a position to win but we, as a team, failed in other aspects. and no one would think to make this thread if that werent happening.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
uhhh if cam and kaepernick switched places back in 2011, we'd all be saying we should have taken cam.

kaepernick is working with a fantastic coach, the best OL in football by a wide margin, has plenty of weapons, a top five defense, and great special teams.

cam newton has a coach who hasnt proven anything, an OL with two players who could start on other teams, two receivers, a defense that has sucked in the past (and blows it in the 4th), and horrific god awful embarrassing special teams.

i mean there were 3 games last season where the panthers were winning the last time cam had touched the ball, but we wound up losing (falcons 1, bears, bucs 2). that could have made us 10-6 if haruki nakamura or josh norman or whoever does their job.

plus we can go back to 2011... cam drives us down the field against the vikings including converting 4th and 15 only for mare to shank a 31 yarder. mare shanks another late kick after a big drive against the falcons to miss out on a lead. ron rivera calls a timeout so the saints can kick a field goal before halftime. cam newton drives offense down field to score a touchdown with a minute left in the game... then brees blows down the field in 60 seconds to win by... surprise! 3 points from that field goal we gifted them!

kaepernick would not change any of this. simple and plain. the 49ers have a better roster, better coaching, better FO, etc. if cam were in san fran they'd have won probably two more super bowls by now. cam has played more than well enough to put us in a position to win but we, as a team, failed in other aspects. and no one would think to make this thread if that werent happening.


Yeah yeah we got it... It's everyone's fault but Cam's.

Just know that the only QB who threw for fewer yards in Week 1 than Cam is Blaine Gabbert. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 18062
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Yeah yeah we got it... It's everyone's fault but Cam's.

Just know that the only QB who threw for fewer yards in Week 1 than Cam is Blaine Gabbert. Rolling Eyes


Yeah, not like Newton was playing vs. Seattle or anything.

Newton completed 69% of his throws and did a good job moving the chains. Lets stop acting like he had a bad game. Rodgers had a similar game vs. Seattle last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group