Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which MLB should start week 2?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which MLB should start week 2?
Bostic
72%
 72%  [ 21 ]
Williams
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 29

Walshy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Which MLB should start week 2? Reply with quote

I would prefer having Bostic start week 2. He isn't improving on the bench. What do you think?

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Bostic. He's ready.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was extremely underwhelmed with DJ Williams today, I understand full well he'd be rusty after not participating in preseason or preseason practices but from what we've seen from Bostic so far, I think he needs to be in there.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I was extremely underwhelmed with DJ Williams today, I understand full well he'd be rusty after not participating in preseason or preseason practices but from what we've seen from Bostic so far, I think he needs to be in there.
They are not going to fix what isn't broken. Williams will stay where he is. I don't recall Bostic playing today, did he?
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
They are not going to fix what isn't broken. Williams will stay where he is. I don't recall Bostic playing today, did he?
Bostic played.
cody513

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bostic...isn't hard for me at all picking between the two. I like Williams but don't think he's much better if at all.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be Bostic, and if Williams does start and have another game like today then there really is no choice but to start him.
cody513

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

It's not about being broken, it's about improving. I don't see how putting Bostic in their would hurt our team...and he's the younger guy and likely the future at that position for this team. Sure he'll make some mistakes, but their inevitable, every rookie/young player will make them eventually.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say DJ had a bad game but he didn't raise any eyebrows. I will give him credit on the 3rd down tackle that could possibly have been a TD saving drive but I picked Bostic due to the fact that he would be playing in between 2 excellent veteran linebackers.

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Bostic played.
So our latest Wonderkid made such a huge impact his name was never mentioned and did nothing noticeable. Oh, yeah we need to play him immediately. This is hilarious.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bostic...and here's why

he lays people out. he's been a big time hitter since his days at florida, and we all saw the preseason game against san diego. big hits=big momentum and can turn into fumbles and balls up in the air so I feel like you have a higher probability of turnovers with bostic in

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
bostic...and here's why

he lays people out. he's been a big time hitter since his days at florida, and we all saw the preseason game against san diego. big hits=big momentum and can turn into fumbles and balls up in the air so I feel like you have a higher probability of turnovers with bostic in

He makes big hits - he also takes false steps and looked lost in coverage. He obviously made enough mistakes in preseason and TC that the coaches didn't trust him over the guy who hadn't played any snaps. I don't think one week is going to change that - especially when Williams didn't do anything to lose the job.

Williams graded out as a -0.5 of PFF.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
bostic...and here's why

He makes big hits - he also takes false steps and looked lost in coverage. He obviously made enough mistakes in preseason and TC that the coaches didn't trust him over the guy who hadn't played any snaps. I don't think one week is going to change that - especially when Williams didn't do anything to lose the job.

FWIW they also graded Long out as -1.7 and it was largely he who held Geno Atkins to zero tackles.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bostic. No pass rush Sunday. Bears need more MOTM to compliment Tillman. Wink
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
bostic...and here's why

I feel like Williams only started because he was a veteran and got the benefit of the doubt, and although didn't play horribly he certainly wasn't impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if bostic got the nod next week or before the end of this month

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: