Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JETS GAME GRADES WEEK 1 VS BUCS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: JETS GAME GRADES WEEK 1 VS BUCS Reply with quote

Jets week Juan game grades:

QB: Ladies and Gentleman this is our quarterback. He couldn't have done it much better considering he had all the pressure in the world going into this game plus he went up a very excellent defense with arguably one of the best secondaries in the NFL and the best corner in the NFL. He was very smart with the ball. Yes he struggled early, but he rebounded and he made throws when he needed to. Yes I know he had cold stretches but they didn't last long. He also ran the ball very well. This is one heck of a way to begin your career in the NFL with a comeback win in the closing minutes against a very tough team.

Grade: A-

RBs: Powell and Ivory pretty much went nowhere the whole game. McCoy,Landri,Clayborn,Foster and David dominated LOS the whole game. Ivory did flash some power however, I feel that he just needs to get used to being back and he'll be fine.

Grade: D

Recievers: Holmes was shut down by Revis for pretty much the whole game. He had little to no seperation for the entire game. Kerley was probably the best wide receiver the Jets had today. He was getting open very often and was reliable for Geno. Hill also caught everything that he should have which is a win on its own. Winslow however, was the best receiver out of everyone. He made Geno's job 10000x easier he got open consistently. Overall the receivers did their job and made Geno's job easier.

Grade: B+

O-line: They were unspectacular in all categories. The pass blocking was the best part and it was still weak. The run blocking was abysmal. Nobody was getting any push. Right now IMO its a concern.

Grade: C

Front seven: It wa absolutely stout all game. Doug Martin is one of the best runners in the NFL and he went nowhere all game. It was a team effort. Mo Wilk,Ellis,Snacks,Pace,Rich,Barnes,Harris an Davis all contributed to the stout play of the defense. Davis also saved the game for us. This defense can win us ball games by itself.

Grade: A

Secondary: Altough Freeman sucked, it wasnt really caused by te secondary. They were burned by Jackson and Williams all game. Milliner and Cro didn't have their best games. I also noticed tht Allen was in on some plays and helped them out alot. Landry almost killed us so that doesn't help either. He was probably the weakest part of the defense today.

Grade: C+

Special Teams: One word. Clutch.

Grade: A

Overall: B+

Post your own!!!!!!
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: JETS GAME GRADES WEEK 1 VS BUCS Reply with quote

I'll add more Later but for now

QB: Geno Smith A

He had some rough patches with Rookie mistakes but given the crazy amount of pressure he saw at times he played great especially for a rookie. Over 60% completion on a D featuring Revis and Goldson while constantly feeling the heat is impressive for a rookie.

+ he lead us in rushing based on runs that came due to decision making not designed runs. He saw no one open and chose to tuck and run and get what he could which was smart and efficient, slid and kept himself out of harms way.

Very positive sign, and when he did make mistakes I noticed he went over to the sideline and it looked like he took hard coaching constructively. Also Sanchez being a really good team mate was trying to be motivating at key moments in the game.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB - he has given us hope. I have to knock him down a little because of the two turnovers though.

B

RB - this was scary how bad we were, although they faced a great run defense in Tampa

C-

WR/TE - for the secondary they versed, not to mention the limited reps by Geno before hand they did a great job

A-

OL - I really hope our protection and run blocking can improve cause we aren't going to verse Freeman every game.

C

Front 7 - this is going to be so exciting to watch all year. I think Richardson could have a shot at DROY. Can't wait to see QC back in there.

A+

Secondary - we have some work to do. Brady is going to be able to pick us apart. I think this is our weakest unit on the team (safeties mainly) Dee will learn and get better. We are lucky our front 7 played so well.

D

Special Teams - Clutch

A

A good day to be a Jet fan
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno- B-

He was good but the INT, fumble and not challenging Tampa deep are the things I didn't like

But I loved his poise and patience

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Geno- B-

He was good but the INT, fumble and not challenging Tampa deep are the things I didn't like

You take what the D gives you there were several plays we had levels short middle deep where deep just wasn't there. I'd rather him not take a shot he doesn't have.

The INT yes thats his fault though ... the fumble somewhat his but also the O Line needs to help him out a little there.
FrankJets

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB-A+
RBS-D+
WRS-B
TE-A
OL-C
DL-A+
CB/SS/FS-B-
K-A+
P-B+

Last edited by FrankJets on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno doesn't need a therapy session after every bad play like Mark Sanchez. Thank god. I'm hesitant on grading the o-line and RBs immediately considering everything about them just seemed scary good. Like they could be a top 3 front 7 if they were more disciplined.
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankJets wrote:
QBS-Mark Sanchez- Seriously, I like how every time Geno went to the sideline, he was there to talk to him, and looks like it helped.

Geno Smith
-----THE QB OF THE FUTURE. ROOKIE QB WITH THRITY SECOINDS LEFT NO TIMEOUT TAKES US TO FG RANGE. I hate how the critics say he isnt a leader. Right when Lidell made that fideld goal, I saw him slap Colon in the chest and whisper "WE GOT THIS". AND Boy was he right. Overall Great game

RBS-D+
WRS-B
TE-A
OL-C
DL-A+
CB/SS/FS-B-
K-A+
P-B+

2 Notes here!

Mark Sanchez - for all the flack he gets for his in game performance no one can say he isn't a great teammate. He works hard and when he can help his teammates out he does.

On Geno - Didn't catch Geno slapping Colon and saying that but I did like the fact even when coaches were getting on him about a mistake, he looked like he was listening and learning not trying to avoid the criticism and hard coaching.
Steve the Dream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to overreact or anything with the kid but I liked what I saw. He threw the ball well and I think it's a great start for us. Hopefully he can continue to build on today going forward. He made good throws and didn't really force anything that he shouldn't have.

I'll give him a B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time for grades, but thought Geno did pretty darn well. He needs to work on telegraphing his passes, but I loved the poise.
We get Holmes back to 90+%, add Hill and Kerley I think our offense wont be nearly as bad as we thought.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it because I predicted that the jets would win with a last second FG and made some good money today.

Geno did a very good job against a very good D.

The RB are pretty bad. We need a speed guy back there.

The Jets D was great over all. Dee Milliner was very good I think.

Nick Folk should be the MVP of the game. He hit some big FG today.

Good Jets

I think the jets win on a short week against the Pats because there is not enough tape or time to study Geno. Jets win 21-17
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Geno- B-

You take what the D gives you there were several plays we had levels short middle deep where deep just wasn't there. I'd rather him not take a shot he doesn't have.

The INT yes thats his fault though ... the fumble somewhat his but also the O Line needs to help him out a little there.

gotta back up those safeties to open up the middle of the field

Marty will likely go vertical as the season goes on to open up the field for Kerley and Cumberland

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
sandwhich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be re-watching it with game rewind and I'll give better grades then. The offensive line is a bit of a mystery to me after one watch. Moments were they just seemed to lapse in assignments completely and others where they were just dominant in pass protection.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What rookie quarterback with first game debut in NFL ever walked away from coaching staffs?

2. Marty does not rely on deep pass heavily. Ryan and Marty wants a pass team but they need to move the chain frequently to burn game clock instead of relying on run game. Once intermediate pass becomes a butter and bread staple, deep pass will mix in. That is what Patriots, Packers and Saints have done.

3. Although fumble is fumble, Smith lost football when it was tipped by defense as he tried to set up for throwing football. Presence fault is more logical than OL failure.

4. Patriots would love Dee Milliner this Thursday simply because he never turned his head around for football. Unfortunately. However, for this upcoming game, I think he should play press coverage to force a receiver to play on outside instead of inside for quick slant. Then relying on his luck to deflect or intercept football on the sideline. Better than nothing I suppose.

5. Is Geno Smith crowned as GG king already?
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
1. What rookie quarterback with first game debut in NFL ever walked away from coaching staffs?

2. Marty does not rely on deep pass heavily. Ryan and Marty wants a pass team but they need to move the chain frequently to burn game clock instead of relying on run game. Once intermediate pass becomes a butter and bread staple, deep pass will mix in. That is what Patriots, Packers and Saints have done.

3. Although fumble is fumble, Smith lost football when it was tipped by defense as he tried to set up for throwing football. Presence fault is more logical than OL failure.

4. Patriots would love Dee Milliner this Thursday simply because he never turned his head around for football. Unfortunately. However, for this upcoming game, I think he should play press coverage to force a receiver to play on outside instead of inside for quick slant. Then relying on his luck to deflect or intercept football on the sideline. Better than nothing I suppose.

5. Is Geno Smith crowned as GG king already?

1. Walked away from his coaching staff? Didn't see that one ?

2. Marty on the eagles at least used short passes to supplant running in the offense, but he did like taking deep shots. Deep shots only work if we can protect our QB though and our O Line struggled badly at times .... failing to even touch rushers at times that needs to be fixed.

3. Fumble is a fumble agreed, and Geno probably should have eaten the sack rather then try to get rid of it, but there was a lot of heat on him very quickly on that play fault the O line more then him there though he does share in the blame.

4. Dee Milliner bugged me a bit yesterday by not turning for the ball ... which i feel is a bit of lack of confidence on his part feelings he's too far behind the play to turn or something... hope he gets that fixed soon. Cromartie was a bigger problem though ... V Jackson beat him quite a lot to the inside.

5. Geno hasn't been crowned anything, but he is showing he deserves his chance to start not some inept guy who's gonna complete under 50% of his passes and compound his mistakes (at least for this week hope that remains the case going forward)

I did also notice Geno has some confidence and swagger about himself, he was willing to let a couple throws rip that some rookie QBs are normally overly cautious to throw early like the one to Kerley which kerley dropped, but great anticipation on that one threw it before Kerley was open. Also he didn't let mistakes or anything get him down actually settled down and got better after them. He also actually did test Revis a couple of times (Think 4 or 5 passes thrown at Revis) so we're not playing scared either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: