Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
All this because he doesn't get the little 'C' patch on his jersey. For gods sake, I'll give you $10 Josh and buy you one. I'll even customize it so you look special.

You R lost my friend.

I did get lost in the woods the other day.

eggy, I don't think I'd make it through this season without your posts.

On-topic: Josh needs to get over it. If he's looking for someone to blame, look in the mirror. I hope and believe he can turn it around, but not if he has this kind of "me first" attitude.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the "Trade Value Chart," and assuming we will be picking somewhere around pick 20 this season, it would cost us a 1st and 2nd this year, a 1st and 2nd in 2015 and a 2nd in 2016 to get all the way up to pick 1 for Bridgewater. 2 1sts and 3 2nds. Whatcha think?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Based on the "Trade Value Chart," and assuming we will be picking somewhere around pick 20 this season, it would cost us a 1st and 2nd this year, a 1st and 2nd in 2015 and a 2nd in 2016 to get all the way up to pick 1 for Bridgewater. 2 1sts and 3 2nds. Whatcha think?

Sold!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not start getting delusional. Anyone really think the Jags would pass on Bridgewater? Give up that opportunity when some say he might be a prospect in between Luck and Griffin?

Like I said, look at Washington in 2012. The ONLY REASON they were able to make that trade was because St. Louis was sold on Bradford and used the pick to get ammo to build around him.

You really think The Jags are sold on Gabbert? LOL. Raiders with Pryor/Flynn/McGloin? lol How about the Browns with Weeden?

Probably need to be worse than those teams record wise IMO to land Bridgewater. Could it happen? Possibly.

I'm looking at San Diego and Phillip Rivers. I like what Arizona is doing. Instead of reaching for a young guy who they feel wasn't worth the risk, get an established Veteran, use high draft picks to build around the QB position until the time comes to get that Franchise guy in the draft. 2013 was why the Cards didn't pick a QB. They felt none of them can be that guy now or later.

Bucs feel Glennon CAN be that guy. But we'll have to find out. I think, if we're not in position to get a top prospect, we trade for Rivers and either groom an Aaron Murray to be the guy in the next 2-3 years or we wait it out until 2015-2016-2017, where it looks like the QB prospects are very, very good.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is a good chance for me to take a look at Brett Hundley. He;s growing on me, but I want to see the Nebraska performance on the road.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Like I said, look at Washington in 2012. The ONLY REASON they were able to make that trade was because St. Louis was sold on Bradford and used the pick to get ammo to build around him.

Truth.

What would be incredibly ideal is for a team with a young quarterback they like to get that pick (highly unlikely), someone like the Redskins or the Dolphins. That way, the second they get that pick they will be fielding offers. Even then, they will be looking at Clowney anyway.

A RG3 trade up is highly unlikely at this point, I guess we have to "earn" it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm developing that prospect crush on Brett Hundley. The dude is shredding Nebraska right now. I like his pocket awareness, field vision, and if you watch his head movement...it quickly comes off the first read to the next progression. Seems natural to him.
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I think I'm developing that prospect crush on Brett Hundley. The dude is shredding Nebraska right now. I like his pocket awareness, field vision, and if you watch his head movement...it quickly comes off the first read to the next progression. Seems natural to him.

Same, the more I watch him the more I like him. Even though Nebraska has a terrible defense, I'm still loving how Hundley plays.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Same, the more I watch him the more I like him. Even though Nebraska has a terrible defense, I'm still loving how Hundley plays.

Yeah. What I really liked was the first qtr was a bit rough. Nebraska was bringing heat. He kept his poised and settled in. That's what franchise QBs do and he's displaying that.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Yeah. What I really liked was the first qtr was a bit rough. Nebraska was bringing heat. He kept his poised and settled in. That's what franchise QBs do and he's displaying that.

I feel like I made this point earlier when some posters wrote him off

Adopt A Buc(s)
Mark "the Red" Barron
65 (12 asst.)tkcls| 1 sack| 2 ints| 0 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I feel like I made this point earlier when some posters wrote him off

Yep. I was one of them. But too much positivity made me do some digging and today I came away impressed. Looks like he just has IT.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be questions about Manziel off the field, but for him to shred a Saban defense a second time around is a pretty impressive accomplishment. It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
There may be questions about Manziel off the field, but for him to shred a Saban defense a second time around is a pretty impressive accomplishment. It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted.

That may be true, but Tebow shredded a Bama defense in the past as well.

I like Manziel, but I do wonder how his game translates. It seems when his first option breaks down, he's too quick to pull it down and run. It's the ability to drop back and go through progressions.

No doubt he's an exciting player to watch at the college level, but that doesn't mean it translates to the NFL.
leadkills

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariota's mechanics are soooo good, he's known for his ability to do the option, but I feel like he has the ability to do the drop back like a regular qb.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

That may be true, but Tebow shredded a Bama defense in the past as well.

I like Manziel, but I do wonder how his game translates. It seems when his first option breaks down, he's too quick to pull it down and run. It's the ability to drop back and go through progressions.

No doubt he's an exciting player to watch at the college level, but that doesn't mean it translates to the NFL.

I believe he could be very effective in an offense that was run by the Skins last year. Interestingly, Manziel has a career completion percentage of 68% and a 3:1 TD/Int ratio. His YPA is over 8.5 for his career. Not to mention he is playing plenty of SEC defenses.

My initial reaction about Manziel like most is the guy is a punk and won't make it in the NFL. However, first there have been a lot of bumholes who have played QB in the NFL. Certainly you don't have to be a good guy to win. Also, let's face it, the NCAA is such a hypocritical farce it is ridiculous. The guy looks to be a fierce competitor on the field and I have read no reports of him being a lousy teammate. I certainly believe he has better throwing mechanics then Tebow and much better release.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 11 of 25

Jump to: