Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: QB Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Lets just talk about everything QB in here. We know that Free's days are counting down by the second. No one here wants to give excuses.

So lets talk who we want. I know Bridgewater is the main pick but what if we can't get him? Does anyone think Tahj Boyd would be a good pick?

I know it's too early but man I would love Winston....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Bridgewater. But for now, my final thoughts on Freeman.

I like Josh, I really do. He seems like a good guy and from everything we heard, he put in the hours. He simply hasn't improved from his rookie year. In fact, he kind of looks like he regressed a bit. He still:

- Holds on to the ball far too long
- Stares down one receiver every play
- Incapable of going through progressions
- Flat out misses wide open receivers often
- Extremely questionable decision making
- The dumb look of confusion after every play

The bolded ones are why I don't think Freeman will ever take the next step and become a successful quarterback. When he has all day to throw and his guy gets open, he looks great...but so could any NFL caliber quarterback.

It's so weird to see, but Freeman snaps the ball, looks right to one guy (usually Jackson), stares him down, and either throws it at that general direction, or just holds it until he gets sacked. He NEVER moves his eyes downfield to look for alternate targets, and that is what is so mind boggling. He's a 5th year professional NFL quarterback...crappy college quarterbacks do this better than Freeman. Geno Smith looked better than Freeman today, and that's inexcusable. I've stood by him, I've supported him, but I'm done. We are never going to win anything with Freeman, because he is incapable of being a good NFL quarterback.

I want Bridgewater, bad. In terms of the others, I like Tajh Boyd, but I'm sick of these kind of "pretty good" guys. Let's go get Bridgewater, he is a franchise type quarterback.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: QB Discussion Thread Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Lets just talk about everything QB in here. We know that Free's days are counting down by the second. No one here wants to give excuses.

So lets talk who we want. I know Bridgewater is the main pick but what if we can't get him? Does anyone think Tahj Boyd would be a good pick?

I know it's too early but man I would love Winston....

It doesn't make much difference to me, I would just like to see us get a quarterback that can......you know........pass the ball and hit the receivers in the hands. Shocked What a novel thing that would be. Wink
leadkills

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't have a poor enough record to trade up for bridgewater would you guys be willing to allowing glennon to start 1 full season then go after Jamesis Winston? (Assuming he continues to play well.)
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadkills wrote:
If we don't have a poor enough record to trade up for bridgewater would you guys be willing to allowing glennon to start 1 full season then go after Jamesis Winston? (Assuming he continues to play well.)

The team doesn't make the playoffs this year or next year, I'm pretty sure Dom and Schiano are gone. It would be interesting to see what a new regime would value at the QB position.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bsh,

To answer your question on Tahj Boyd , no. I look at him as a 1 read qb then takes off. He doesn't o through the proper progressions and reads that make you an nfl qb. Heck of an athlete. Seems smart but he's kinda a Troy smith /Dennis Dixon. Just better. But nothing more than a back up.
kaymbee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to watch the upcoming QBs more before I pick a favorite but Jameis Winston did look good the other day. I don't think we stand a chance at Bridgewater.

I hope Glennon really comes along fast or maybe we should consider renting a QB or starting Orlovsky to give him some time. I have zero confidence in Josh.

Last edited by kaymbee on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
BBando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know why I have given up on Freeman. Just look around the league. Look at all the young QB who are playing great in there 2nd and 3rd years. I just don't think he is very football smart.

garbage

Last edited by BBando on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith improved more between the 1st and 2nd halves than Freeman has in 4 years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody think Favre would consider givin it one more go round?

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL has changed dramatically the past 10-15 years. You used to be able to win with an average starter as long as everything else around him was good. Now, QB is more important than it has ever been. Teams are passing 50 times, slanging it around for 400 yards, winning shootouts, and making marginal skill players into high volume productive starters.

In the league now, you either need a great thrower (Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers) or a dynamic guy (RG3, Newton, Wilson, Kapernick..sp?) at QB. Freeman is neither. I used to think he was dynamic. For example, I thought he'd be able to tuck it and run for 7-8 yards to extend a drive. It's what Geno Smith was out there doing today even though he is a passing QB. But Freeman is so awful in the pocket, he can't even seem to get his feet working in a rhythm to run for a first down when the pressure collapses the pocket.

I think we have good talent on the team but what is the point if we don't have a good QB? Either a dynamic dual threat guy or a great thrower? We'll simply win 6-9 games, depending on the schedule, and never go anywhere worthwhile.

Our window to win is now. We've seen teams with 1st or 2nd year QBs make runs into the playoffs. If we want to be one of those teams, then trade our assets to get one of those capable QBs.

I understand it's prolly going to take a lot. Since we're not totally devoid of talent, we might be picking out of the top 10. We'll likely have to trade two 1sts, two 2nds, and some other assets to be in position for someone like Bridgewater. But I'd rather gamble for greatness than be mediocore with draft picks.

I'm not positive Bridgewater is on par with Luck or even RG3, but if he grades out as the best QB in the draft and one of the top players, then stop playing with mediocrity and go take the gamble to bring the next great player to Tampa. I don't wanna settle for Boyd, or Morris, or Fales, or whatever next Christian Ponder/Josh Freeman is out there as a overdrafted QB. Go and get the guy everyone believes is going to be the face of someones franchise.

I'm convinced that if we don't do this, then this regime won't amount to anything but mediocrity. More than ever, a NFL team is only going where the QB is taking them.

Props to Eggy

Last edited by He Hate Me on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
Anybody think Favre would consider givin it one more go round?

Worth a phone call....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we still have Jake Plummer's rights? Laughing

#EmbraceTheSuck
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
The NFL has changed dramatically the past 10-15 years. You used to be able to win with an average starter as long as everything else around him was good. Now, QB is more important than it has ever been. Teams are passing 50 times, slanging it around for 400 yards, winning shootouts, and making marginal skill players into high volume productive starters.

In the league now, you either need a great thrower (Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers) or a dynamic guy (RG3, Newton, Wilson, Kapernick..sp?) at QB. Freeman is neither. I used to think he was dynamic. For example, I thought he'd be able to tuck it and run for 7-8 yards to extend a drive. It's what Geno Smith was out there doing today even though he is a passing QB. But Freeman is so awful in the pocket, he can't even seem to get his feet working in a rhythm to run for a first down when the pressure collapses the pocket.

I think we have good talent on the team but what is the point if we don't have a good QB? Either a dynamic dual threat guy or a great thrower? We'll simply win 6-9 games, depending on the schedule, and never go anywhere worthwhile.

Our window to win is now. We've seen teams with 1st or 2nd year QBs make runs into the playoffs. If we want to be one of those teams, then trade our assets to get one of those capable QBs.

I understand it's prolly going to take a lot. Since we're not totally devoid of talent, we might be picking out of the top 10. We'll likely have to trade two 1sts, two 2nds, and some other assets to be in position for someone like Bridgewater. But I'd rather gamble for greatness than be mediocore with draft picks.

I'm not positive Bridgewater is on par with Luck or even RG3, but if he grades out as the best QB in the draft and one of the top players, then stop playing with mediocrity and go take the gamble to bring the next great player to Tampa. I don't wanna settle for Boyd, or Morris, or Fales, or whatever next Christian Ponder/Josh Freeman is out there as a overdrafted QB. Go and get the guy everyone believes is going to be the face of someones franchise.

I'm convinced that if we don't do this, then this regime won't amount to anything but mediocrity. More than ever, a NFL team is only going where the QB is taking them.

I like that and agree with you, and you might find it crazy that I think this(well not you HHM) but I think that guy is Jameis Winston. I would do anything to get him. He has EVERYTHING that you look for in a QB. Listen I know he's played one game, but I was reading stories of how at the age of 12 he knew where and when to go with the ball depending on coverage.

When he wins the Heisman this year everyone else can jump on the bandwagon. I know that Dom and Schiano might be gone if we went mediocre to bad for two years but I dont care. I want the franchise guy. I want the RGIII, the Luck, the Manning.

Jameis Winston is that guy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE REAL #5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: