Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Beasting on the Bucs NO@TB 9/15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krewe_dat_504

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paper thin at defensive line, yet our defense basically kept us in this game. Once the offense gets it together, I can see us being one of the top teams in the NFC.

But stop wasting plays on Ingram.
Saints25-12

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Sloppy win... But I'll take it. We have tons of work to do if we hope to win 10 or more games this year.

yeah a win is a win not matter how you get it. Bucs are actually a real good team. They show good discipline i reckon they are probably 2-0 right now but glad they havent corrected that for our game. Brees was off but comes up clutch when we need him!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Fray32 wrote:
Worst INT ive ever seen, like honestly, why is jenkins still on the field, let alone this team?

Laughing

Oh Jenkins got a pick. That totally wipes away the fact that he can't tackle and blows coverages all the time Laughing

No but maybe this is a turning point? I've been saying, he just needs a mindset adjustment.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
krewebrees

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My game analysis: ughhhh

I'll take it.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense is 2-0.

Our offense is 1-1 or maybe .5-1.5. lol...

They need to get their ish together.

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Fray32 wrote:
Worst INT ive ever seen, like honestly, why is jenkins still on the field, let alone this team?

Laughing

Oh Jenkins got a pick. That totally wipes away the fact that he can't tackle and blows coverages all the time Laughing

No but maybe this is a turning point? I've been saying, he just needs a mindset adjustment.

A mindset adjustment? The guy is just not good at football. Period. I would love it to be a turning point, but I've seen nothing that makes me think it is. He was awful last week, and while he had a great INT today he did nothing outside of that.

On another note, sloppy win but we played awesome against Atlanta so I think this is more the Bucs defense being really good than anything else. The offensive line really needs to get it together, namely Jahri Evans and the OTs. They've looked like crap.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
saintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on P-Rob?

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 31 cat 431 yds 2 TDs
S Rafael Bush 55 tak 0 INT 3 PD IR
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
SaintsBeast wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Fray32 wrote:

Laughing

A mindset adjustment? The guy is just not good at football. Period. I would love it to be a turning point, but I've seen nothing that makes me think it is. He was awful last week, and while he had a great INT today he did nothing outside of that.

On another note, sloppy win but we played awesome against Atlanta so I think this is more the Bucs defense being really good than anything else. The offensive line really needs to get it together, namely Jahri Evans and the OTs. They've looked like crap.

He was Mr. Big Play the first year he was in the league. Everyone was drooling all over him. Then GW and our DB coach let him get sloppy, and you have the Jenkins we see today.

EDIT: Jenkins also forced the fumble on Julio last week. He didn't look good, but he looked better than he usually does.

If you watch the INT, you see that he has everything perfect. Timing, angle... It was so in-stride that it's almost like Freeman thought he was a WR. Laughing

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:

Last edited by SaintsBeast on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offense looked AWFUL yesterday. Like it hurt to watch. Two picks by Brees, and our OL looked like... I can't even think of a word to describe the magnitude of SUCK. I'd be lying if i said i haven't considered going down to NO to try out for OT. I can seriously play better than both Brown and Strief, and i don't play OL. And how about SP calling 4 run plays in a row on the goal line? I nearly pulled my hair out.

Bright side, WHERE DID WE GET THIS DEFENSE???? 17 points last week against a STACKED ATL offense, and 7 this week against the muscle hamster and co.? We jammin'. Cool

EDIT: Everyone go watch Cam Jordan's FF again, and watch what he hits. It's not the ball. Laughing Laughing Laughing

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
krewebrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Richardson is back. He played in this game. I actually noticed him at DT in our 4 DL looks. It's not his normal position, but everyone else is hurt. He didn't look bad though. I'm glad to see him back.
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help but think a few things....The offense sputtered and stalled a lot, but I'm going to throw this out there: The field after the rain was sloppy as hell...damn near destroyed. Us being a dome team and all, I can't help but think that was a factor as to why we had offensive woes. Make no mistake that the Offensive line and our pass protection was atrocious which had little to do with the field. Thinking we miss Kromer more than we're admitting. Perhaps Jahri is playing injured?? He looks like a rookie out there.

A win is a win in the division and that's the only opponents we have played this year thus far. If our offense struggles against another dome team next week, in a non-divisional game, THEN I'll be worried.

I LOVE this defense! They've been hated on, disrespected, flat out ignored, depleted and they are the pride of NOLA. Rob, You're the man. Players, keep it up. To hell with Brees' last minute drive...defense YOU won that game for us. Thank you!

Also, Tampa Bay has got to be hurting. You have an excellent secondary, a stout D-Line, young and talented LBs, a good O-Line, and an excellent (and young) RB. There's absolutely no excuse why you shouldn't have won that game today...Other than QB play, coaching, and playcalling. I really don't understand what the problem is.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
64 330 2 62

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
81 6 1
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting little stat for you..

Saints have the #10 ranked total defense. Wink

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:

Total defense is a dumb stat to me. We are Top 10 in points allowed. That is one that matters.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Total defense is a dumb stat to me. We are Top 10 in points allowed. That is one that matters.

Yes, but either way that's still an improvement over hearing "The Saints gave up 7,000 yards last season and were the worst defense in NFL history" (which I don't agree with, it's all about points as well IMO) every day.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: