Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Beasting on the Bucs NO@TB 9/15
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Week 2: Beasting on the Bucs NO@TB 9/15 Reply with quote

New Orleans Saints (1-0) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1) 9.15.13 3:00 CST

Keys to Victory:

1. Disrupt Josh Freeman. We did a good job of disrupting Atlanta and Matt Ryan but their O-line is terribad, the Bucs actually have a decent one. We need to see how much pressure we can get on them and hopefully Glenn Foster will be back for this game.

2. Do not attack Revis. Colston may only get a catch or two going against Revis, but we can't test this guy unless you want to be throwing picks.

3. Keep the Muscle Hamster in check. Take out the big 50 yard gain for SJax and he's 10 carries for 27 yards. If we can hold Martin to that kind of production (minus the 50 yard carry Laughing ) and Freeman has to beat us? I like our chances.

4. Force turnovers. Extra possessions are key. Our offense will do good things with those possessions. We forced 2 turnovers vs Atlanta and it helped tremendously in the end.

5. GET THE RUNNING GAME GOING. We failed to do this in the Atlanta game, or at least get it going consistently, and it was BAD. It didn't help us at all.

Key Matchups:

1. Darelle Revis vs Marques Colston/Lance Moore. This will be key. If we do test Revis, see how they do. And hopefully he doesn't pick us off. He should shut down whoever he is on.

2. Our D-Line vs Their O-Line. Finally playing a decent O-line, after Atlanta's bad O-line, see how we do with penetration and pressure.

3. Our O-Line vs Their D-Line. Our OTs specifically, looked TERRIBLE against Atlanta. We need to fix that.

Predictions:

I really don't like their chances. I think our offense will get back to clicking and our defense holds them to lower than 20 also. 31-16 Saints.

All discussion for the game goes here.... WHO DAT!

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Dus10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
I'll be at the game.

Awesome.

My first game I've ever experienced was last season vs the Chargers when I won a raffle for tickets. I'm going to the Niners game this season.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
I'll be at the game.

Awesome.

My first game I've ever experienced was last season vs the Chargers when I won a raffle for tickets. I'm going to the Niners game this season.

You're going to the 49ers game? I think I'm going as well

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense keep up the good work. Offense needs to improve the running game and Drew needs to be more on target. He under threw Stills twice, Colston once on the pick, and missed Jimmy once on the sideline. Jimmy's TD catch was also pretty low. I expect that to be corrected. Bucs secondary is no joke.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron Jordan had 8 QB pressures last week (2 QB hits and 6 QB pressures). This man is quickly becoming a dominant force for us.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Porter22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Cameron Jordan had 8 QB pressures last week (2 QB hits and 6 QB pressures). This man is quickly becoming a dominant force for us.
Our d line could become a dominant force for us. John Jenkins looked good, both Hicks and Jordan had a fantastic game and Walker played really good until he good injured. Now bring in a healthy Gleen Foster on passing downs and we're looking fantastic. Ohh and by the way they are all not older than 25 IIRC!

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Ryan gains some confidence and calls some more aggressive plays, we play one of the best defensive games we've seen from the Saints in a long time.

41-17 Saints

I don't expect us to steamroll everyone like this, but Payton and this defense are both on top of the world right now. I really like our odds on this one.

That said, it's a division rival and anything can happen in these games.

Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 43 receptions, 410 yards, 18 first downs, 2 TD - 6 rushes, 68 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 36 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 5 passes defended, 1 fumble recovery
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Ohh and by the way they are all not older than 25 IIRC!

Tom Johnson and Broderick Bunkley (our 2 most replaceable defensive linemen) are the only 2 who are over 25.

We've got a lot of young potential on that line. I'm excited.

Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 43 receptions, 410 yards, 18 first downs, 2 TD - 6 rushes, 68 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 36 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 5 passes defended, 1 fumble recovery
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so i have both Ingram and Sproles on my fantasy team. Sproles produced well last week and Im gonna keep him in my starting lineup. Ingram I'm not sure about. I picked up Blount this week so Im not sure which to start. I know Blount will get touches but I dont really know much about Ingram's playing time. Is he worth starting? Will he ever get the chance to carry the ball more than 10 times a game?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
ok so i have both Ingram and Sproles on my fantasy team. Sproles produced well last week and Im gonna keep him in my starting lineup. Ingram I'm not sure about. I picked up Blount this week so Im not sure which to start. I know Blount will get touches but I dont really know much about Ingram's playing time. Is he worth starting? Will he ever get the chance to carry the ball more than 10 times a game?

Probably not, I wouldn't start him. Ingram is useless in fantasy.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
krewebrees

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

I wouldn't start him. If Pierre Thomas is available I'd cut Ingram and pick up Thomas.
Magnifico

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingram will get most 10-15 touches per game. I don't think thats worth it in any fantasy format!

Really worried about our run game here. Our run blocking against the Falcons was rubbish. Watched the game again on gamepass in condensed time and it was horribly poor, people in the backfield before Thomas, Ingram and Sproles could do anything. Thomas and Sproles elusiveness helping them get yards.

Hopefully it was just a slow start for Grubbs/Evans. As we know how average our tackle situation is at best. I get the feeling Brees will be airing it a ton again, hopefully he's sharper, on 2nd watching I was surprised at just how many throws he left on the field. 3 or so alone to Stills, who should have had 100+ receiving yards on Sunday.

I like what the Jets did. Stacking the box and forcing the Bucs to beat them through the air. Admittedly Cromartie is a better cover guy than any of our CB's.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnifico wrote:
Ingram will get most 10-15 touches per game. I don't think thats worth it in any fantasy format!

Really worried about our run game here. Our run blocking against the Falcons was rubbish. Watched the game again on gamepass in condensed time and it was horribly poor, people in the backfield before Thomas, Ingram and Sproles could do anything. Thomas and Sproles elusiveness helping them get yards.

Hopefully it was just a slow start for Grubbs/Evans. As we know how average our tackle situation is at best. I get the feeling Brees will be airing it a ton again, hopefully he's sharper, on 2nd watching I was surprised at just how many throws he left on the field. 3 or so alone to Stills, who should have had 100+ receiving yards on Sunday.

I like what the Jets did. Stacking the box and forcing the Bucs to beat them through the air. Admittedly Cromartie is a better cover guy than any of our CB's.

Yeah I would agree with you but the league I'm in has 12 teams and 18 starters per team, plus keepers. Its my first year in the league and most top RB's were kept. I was scrapping the bottom of the barrel towards the end.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can win this one quite comfortably. The Bucs seem to have a bit of drama around them currently (Freeman missing meetings, Freeman not in some photo, Freeman not getting C that may have been rigged or something or rather). Not only that, but their O-line seems banged up (Nicks was extremely limited, and I don't know if they'd risk it).

Our D-line should get pressure, but our secondary has to keep VJax on lockdown.

On offense, Brees has to becareful on where he throws the ball. Barron and Goldson can take peoples head off. Apart from that, I expect we'll see Colston in the slot to get him away from Revis, and see what else they have.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: