Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Campbell time?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should start next week?
Weeden
78%
 78%  [ 26 ]
Campbell
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Hornby (since no poll is complete with out him)
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33

NorthernTier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Campbell time? Reply with quote

Does anyone think its a bad idea to think about starting Campbell next week?

I mean seriously, Weededn has had a full season that he can do anything and it has become painfully obvious that he has regressed from last season.

Its time to cut our losses and put the veteran out there. At least he has some mobility.

I have been hoping that Weeden would wake up and start playing like an NFL QB. I guess he wont ever do that....

Grnted Cousins played horribly on the line today but there is absolutely no excuse for 3 interceptions in the first half of the first game of the year
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go [inappropriate/removed] yourself
CanaDawg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Campbell time? Reply with quote

NorthernTier wrote:

I mean seriously, Weededn has had a full season that he can do anything and it has become painfully obvious that he has regressed from last season.

Its time to cut our losses and put the veteran out there. At least he has some mobility.

I have been hoping that Weeden would wake up and start playing like an NFL QB. I guess he wont ever do that....

Grnted Cousins played horribly on the line today but there is absolutely no excuse for 3 interceptions in the first half of the first game of the year

The new coaches aren't going to pack it in with him after one game. If they were to put Campbell in there and he succeeded, it would just screw up our draft position next year. Regarding QBs, it is either Weeden and draft a different position or it isn't Weeden and we go all in for Teddy next year.

I thought his first INT was brilliant. He coffin-cornered it better than the punter would have on the next down.
IWANTAP!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Campbell time? Reply with quote

CanaDawg wrote:
NorthernTier wrote:

The new coaches aren't going to pack it in with him after one game. If they were to put Campbell in there and he succeeded, it would just screw up our draft position next year. Regarding QBs, it is either Weeden and draft a different position or it isn't Weeden and we go all in for Teddy next year.

I thought his first INT was brilliant. He coffin-cornered it better than the punter would have on the next down.

+1
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a serious question?

Because the serious answer involves teaching you how the game of football works--since you must not know if you asked the question.

I'll assume you're serious and would like to know why QBs tend to have bad stats when their receivers let balls bounce off their hands for multiple INTs and the pass pro allows 6 sacks and about 30-40 QB hits/pressures and an Olineman gets TDs and multiple good plays called back--oh, and it doesn't help at all when offensive line can't open holes in the running game and our defense can't stop them on 3rd down.

Oh, and the QB still completed many passes while getting hit or under pressure--one of them for a great TD that was called back for a penalty that had nothing to do with the outcome of the play.

Which part, if any, do you need any clarification on?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our O-line was horrible and we still don't have any player makers w/o Gordan. I'm not saying weeden doesn't need
to play better (cause he does), I truly
don't think he's the problem.

Last edited by NEL2PAC on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
kjmercer17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real poll should be is Cousins on the team Monday. That guy is crap.... Weeden, God Bless You for what you had to deal with. We need WR'S... Oh ones that actually catch passes. We have some great db's playing wide receiver!
kjmercer17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real poll should be is Cousins on the team Monday. That guy is crap.... Weeden, God Bless You for what you had to deal with. We need WR'S... Oh ones that actually catch passes. We have some great db's playing wide receiver!
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeden played bad but so did the rest of the offense. Absolutely silly to think a QB change would be an option when there were about 6-7 other guys on the offense playing horribly.
IWANTAP!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been watching the Browns and have been a huge fan since 1979, and I have never seen a Browns qb with the arm Weeden has. Vinny was close, but color blind(for real, not kidding) and he like to throw to the d all the time without the ball being tipped. Weedon might not be the answer, but he actually could be, and that gives me hope. Weedon will either improve this year and solve the qb problem or he wont, we will know by week six me think.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWANTAP!! wrote:
I have been watching the Browns and have been a huge fan since 1979, and I have never seen a Browns qb with the arm Weeden has. Vinny was close, but color blind(for real, not kidding) and he like to throw to the d all the time without the ball being tipped. Weedon might not be the answer, but he actually could be, and that gives me hope. Weedon will either improve this year and solve the qb problem or he wont, we will know by week six me think.

This will be a completely different offense with Gordon on the field and Cousins off of it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Campbell should start at right guard and Hoyer should start at corner beside Haden.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will trade you Tj Yates or Case Keenum for a solid ILB if you got one Cool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the worse thing that hurt the Browns the most was not having Gordan.

Josh gordan is the offensive weapon that opens the field for everyone. I believe when he gets back the play calling will change.

The right side of the offensive line looked awful. Schwartz looked completely lost today. Wake was killing it.

When Weeden looked comfortable in the pocket he was making some nice passes but he rarely looked comfortable.

His 3 INTs could of not been INTs if his WRs acted better. I like it that Weeden attacked down field but TBen has to stop the DB from catching that. Cameron and Little both had passes hit them in the hands and lead to picks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers just thru a dad-burned interception. BENCH HEEEEMMMMM!!!!!!! I think I'll go start a poll in the Green Bay forum.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: