Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills week 1, post game evaluation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bizell


Joined: 13 Feb 2009
Posts: 1183
Location: ocala, fl
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
How was Kiko?


very active. he got blocked out of the way on a few runs but overall i like what i saw. he also had a good fumble recovery at the goal line where he dug the ball out of a pile of humanity and returned it about 15 yards.


on another note,

why did we never run playaction or rollouts off of that little zone read halfback dive play? new england was crashing down hard on it.
_________________

sig by sucka steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 19649
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like we have completely given up on screen plays which baffles me to no end. CJ was lethal from them last season and I don't think we ran a single one.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DubiDo0


Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest qualm with the no huddle offense is it doesn't give our defense an adequate rest. The defense was out there a lot in the second half. It would've been nice to slow the pace, and allow them to get an extra 2-3 minutes of rest. It helps a lot, imo.

Also, everyone needs to chill with this..."We found our franchise QB" talk. I'm excited about EJ, but it's way too early to even think that. Memories of JP Losman's first game still haunts me. We all had a lot of faith in him as well, and look how that turned out...=/
_________________
Let's Go Buffalo!


Last edited by DubiDo0 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swolfdab


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 1371
Location: Hayward, CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense is going to be a top 10 unit. We might be one of those teams on the bubble to make the playoffs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3363
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
The defense is going to be a top 10 unit. We might be one of those teams on the bubble to make the playoffs.


Playoffs for the Bills is tough without winning the division. If you think the division winners are: Pats, Broncos, any of the AFC N, Texans. You're still battling against the Chiefs, Colts, and the rest of the AFC N. If I were a Bills fan I'd be happy with the progression of Manuel for this year. I think next year would be the year that you guys have a real shot at making the playoffs. AFC E also has a brutal matchup with the NFC S, I expect the Pats to struggle against it as well.
_________________


2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jb_gobills


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 14708
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both teams were sloppy and made mistakes. The Bills had way too many penalties. I'm hoping Marrone will help limit that in the future. I was happy with Manuel's first start, but Marrone/Hackett need to let him loose. It's too easy for teams to key-in on Spiller. Running Spiller into the pile 20 times at 2 yards per touch is not an effective strategy.
_________________

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3947
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DubiDo0 wrote:
My biggest qualm with the no huddle offense is it doesn't give our defense an adequate rest. The defense was out there a lot in the second half. It would've been nice to slow the pace, and allow them to get an extra 2-3 minutes of rest. It helps a lot, imo.

Also, everyone needs to chill with this..."We found our franchise QB" talk. I'm excited about EJ, but it's way too early to even think that. Memories of JP Losman's first game still haunts me. We all had a lot of faith in him as well, and look how that turned out...=/


ummm what?

Losman had one good year (which was his 3rd season in the league) and it wasn't even THAT good. His first game haunts you? I am assuming that is because it was so horrendous.

Manuel has better physical traits then Losman, he isn't a California beach boy and he is a very, very smart humble individual. He literally is the exact opposite in Losman so us fans have every right to be excited and say we have our franchise QB. Haters will always hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKTurtle51


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 4977
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why people are so sure Manuel will be a franchise QB after one mediocre (at best) start.

He looked poised, but so did Trent Edwards. He played the role of a game manager and left a number of plays on the field.

He showed some good things for sure, but its very premature to be calling this guy a franchise QB.
_________________

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jsnydes


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 1649
Location: Bethlehem PA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not on that boat yet but man that touch pass to Stevie was nothing short of elite. I know it's only 1 throw but a lot of guys can't make it. For instance, Mike Vick can't make that throw consistently. He always has to gun it in there on a rope. Doesn't possess the touch needed.
_________________


TommyC376^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DKTurtle51


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 4977
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
DubiDo0 wrote:
My biggest qualm with the no huddle offense is it doesn't give our defense an adequate rest. The defense was out there a lot in the second half. It would've been nice to slow the pace, and allow them to get an extra 2-3 minutes of rest. It helps a lot, imo.

Also, everyone needs to chill with this..."We found our franchise QB" talk. I'm excited about EJ, but it's way too early to even think that. Memories of JP Losman's first game still haunts me. We all had a lot of faith in him as well, and look how that turned out...=/


ummm what?

Losman had one good year (which was his 3rd season in the league) and it wasn't even THAT good. His first game haunts you? I am assuming that is because it was so horrendous.

Manuel has better physical traits then Losman, he isn't a California beach boy and he is a very, very smart humble individual. He literally is the exact opposite in Losman so us fans have every right to be excited and say we have our franchise QB. Haters will always hate.
Fans have every right to say that. Just like fans had every right to say that about Losman. Just like fans had every right to say that about Edwards. Just like fans had every right to say that about Fitzpatrick.

Manuel had 150 yards passing. If that is enough for you to call him a franchise QB, you have every right. You'll have to excuse me for waiting on it.
_________________

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DKTurtle51


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 4977
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I'm not on that boat yet but man that touch pass to Stevie was nothing short of elite. I know it's only 1 throw but a lot of guys can't make it. For instance, Mike Vick can't make that throw consistently. He always has to gun it in there on a rope. Doesn't possess the touch needed.
Well, Manuel can't make it consistently (yet) either. He missed badly on a number of deep balls.

That's the thing at this level, consistency is king. You look at highlights from a guy like Cam Newton or Mike Vick and they jump at you. Why are guys like Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees the class of their position? Consistency. They just kill you with it. They take what ever you give them and leave few plays on the field.

That is what Manuel (and all young QBs) need to strive for. Highlights and flashes of brilliance are great. They show potential and give you hope. But the guy who consistently makes good plays is better than the guy who inconsistently makes great ones.
_________________

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18403
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Not sure why people are so sure Manuel will be a franchise QB after one mediocre (at best) start.

He looked poised, but so did Trent Edwards. He played the role of a game manager and left a number of plays on the field.

He showed some good things for sure, but its very premature to be calling this guy a franchise QB.


Trent Edwards looked poised to you? After getting his concussions he was never poised in the pocket again. He was always throwing way to early and got very nervous anytime there was pressure. That is not being poised. Poised is staying in the pocket and not freaking out when pressure is coming your way. When Edwards was on his game he was poised but then he became afraid of the pressure and was never the same.

I think people think he is a franchise because of his leadership qualities and his composure. Those are two main qualities in a franchise QB. We all know he has the physical tools, but we are finding out other qualities in his game that set him apart from the other QBs in this draft class.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKTurtle51


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 4977
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
Not sure why people are so sure Manuel will be a franchise QB after one mediocre (at best) start.

He looked poised, but so did Trent Edwards. He played the role of a game manager and left a number of plays on the field.

He showed some good things for sure, but its very premature to be calling this guy a franchise QB.


Trent Edwards looked poised to you? After getting his concussions he was never poised in the pocket again.
It appears at one point he looked poised to you as well.

Yes, when Edwards first came into the league he looked poised. Use revisionist history if you would like, but everyone on these boards loved how poised he looked out of the gate.
_________________

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9511
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
DubiDo0 wrote:
My biggest qualm with the no huddle offense is it doesn't give our defense an adequate rest. The defense was out there a lot in the second half. It would've been nice to slow the pace, and allow them to get an extra 2-3 minutes of rest. It helps a lot, imo.

Also, everyone needs to chill with this..."We found our franchise QB" talk. I'm excited about EJ, but it's way too early to even think that. Memories of JP Losman's first game still haunts me. We all had a lot of faith in him as well, and look how that turned out...=/


ummm what?

Losman had one good year (which was his 3rd season in the league) and it wasn't even THAT good. His first game haunts you? I am assuming that is because it was so horrendous.

Manuel has better physical traits then Losman, he isn't a California beach boy and he is a very, very smart humble individual. He literally is the exact opposite in Losman so us fans have every right to be excited and say we have our franchise QB. Haters will always hate.
Fans have every right to say that. Just like fans had every right to say that about Losman. Just like fans had every right to say that about Edwards. Just like fans had every right to say that about Fitzpatrick.

Manuel had 150 yards passing. If that is enough for you to call him a franchise QB, you have every right. You'll have to excuse me for waiting on it.


I think we all agree that drops, fumbles, and a weak "hands to the face" penalty help skew Manuels stats.. Putting up a 105 QB Rating against a solid Pats defense while not making any mistakes in his first ever start has me convinced.

The Pats front 7 is just as good as the Panthers IMO so we should be able to hold our own.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
DKTurtle51


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 4977
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
DubiDo0 wrote:
My biggest qualm with the no huddle offense is it doesn't give our defense an adequate rest. The defense was out there a lot in the second half. It would've been nice to slow the pace, and allow them to get an extra 2-3 minutes of rest. It helps a lot, imo.

Also, everyone needs to chill with this..."We found our franchise QB" talk. I'm excited about EJ, but it's way too early to even think that. Memories of JP Losman's first game still haunts me. We all had a lot of faith in him as well, and look how that turned out...=/


ummm what?

Losman had one good year (which was his 3rd season in the league) and it wasn't even THAT good. His first game haunts you? I am assuming that is because it was so horrendous.

Manuel has better physical traits then Losman, he isn't a California beach boy and he is a very, very smart humble individual. He literally is the exact opposite in Losman so us fans have every right to be excited and say we have our franchise QB. Haters will always hate.
Fans have every right to say that. Just like fans had every right to say that about Losman. Just like fans had every right to say that about Edwards. Just like fans had every right to say that about Fitzpatrick.

Manuel had 150 yards passing. If that is enough for you to call him a franchise QB, you have every right. You'll have to excuse me for waiting on it.


I think we all agree that drops, fumbles, and a weak "hands to the face" penalty help skew Manuels stats.. Putting up a 105 QB Rating against a solid Pats defense while not making any mistakes in his first ever start has me convinced.

The Pats front 7 is just as good as the Panthers IMO so we should be able to hold our own.
Don't even know what to say to this. Didn't make any mistakes? Seriously? He had Woods open down the sideline, underthrew it and the Pats defender dropped an easy pick. He had Graham open over the top down the sideline but inexplicably tried a back shoulder throw. He put the ball on the wrong side of the receiver on Goodwin's fumble. He checked down on a 3rd and 11 while he had Graham singled up with a safety. Stevie's infamous drop was a ball with very poor placement.

No mistakes? Really? You don't play a mistake free game and put up 150 passing yards and 14 offensive points.
_________________

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group