Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills week 1, post game evaluation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Bills week 1, post game evaluation Reply with quote

We just took a top team to the brink, sure the Pats fans think the game was closer than it should of been but there decade long reign looks like it's closing by the week.

Pro's

E.J Manuel looked very poised making some nice tosses, while playing a mistake free game. We finally got our "franchise" QB.

Defensively, we played a decent game with arguably our 2 best defensive players on the shelf. Our pass rush was existent which is great considering the predictable vanilla schemes we became accustomed too.

Offensive line held its own with an exception of 1 proper hands to the face ( Cordy Glenn) and 1 BS call ( Kraig Urbik). Manuel had time in the pocket and the holes were there for our rushing attck.

Con's

"Penalties" we shot ourselves in the foot numerous times with sloppy penalties

Fundamentals were poor on a few penalties and the Stevie drop and TJ Graham attempting to run the ball out of end zone, while bobbling it was just retarded.

Clock management was poor as well, not taking our time early in the first half on a 3rd and 1 as well as our 4th quarter drive which didn't eat ANY time. I would personally like a balance of up tempo and methodical approaches.

Overall we are clearly a team on the up and up and I like our potential
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add CJ Spiller to the list of cons for me. He was awful today and just ran right into the line half the time. I thought he should have been more patient and looked for cut backs more than he did.

Also a pro for me was the offensive line. I thought they did a very good job for the most part.

Another thing that baffled me a bit is that I didn't see us run out of any formation but shotgun, I would have loved to see CJ out of singleback or another formation.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep mine short for now.

I saw some amazing signs...we clearly have our franchise QB also. Some great young talent. I could see this team being a playoff team.

However I do expect no more the 8 wins this season. Likely 6 or 7.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The refs apparently hate us for some reason as well.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
The refs apparently hate us for some reason as well.
They made some bad calls but we did ourselves no favors and that is no reason why we lost. A certain receiver being unclutch, depleted secondary playing a HOF quarterback and just our running backs and line not being able to get anything when we needed them.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I'll keep mine short for now.

I saw some amazing signs...we clearly have our franchise QB also. Some great young talent. I could see this team being a playoff team.

However I do expect no more the 8 wins this season. Likely 6 or 7.

I agree, I see us being very competitive but 6-8 wins is realistic.. Let's be real here, this season is about progression, not playoffs. It looks like we have our franchise QB on offense and defense.. Kiko Alonso has the tools and upside to lead this defense, I'm seeing a more athletic Zach Thomas so far.

Our future is so bright, I need some shades watching this team

Cool
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our secondary played damn good. Especially McKelvin. Tommy. Just made some amazing throws. Had a good pass rush too.

Maybe we would have won if Cj Spiller wasn't a ghost today.

#JDI
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Our secondary played damn good. Especially McKelvin. Tommy. Just made some amazing throws. Had a good pass rush too.

Yea McKelvin and Searcy played well for sure.. Very pleased w/ our secondary minus Gilmore and Byrd.

Speaking of Byrd, I'm firing my agent if I am him.. This defense is on the up and up, and he could be a major player for us while getting paid top 5 $$.. Searcy might make him expendable
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as the secondary played, we really missed Gilmore today. More than anything else we missed Steph. And it's apparent that Leo still can't catch.
Abe56

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I was rooting for you guys today. Even though you lost, on the bright side your D played well and Manuel flashed. Wish you could of beat the Pats.

64 Tackles, 10.5 Sacks, 6 STF, 2 FF, 1 INT, 3 PD

2nd Team All Pro

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie Johnson is not good enough to be a number one. he doesn't offer enough in terms of physical talent and mentally he cannot come through EVER. i hope the receiving core as a whole offers enough to make up for what Stevie lacks.

we need more from the running game. that was probably CJ's worst performance as a pro.

the defense has a lot of potential up front. i was very happy to finally see pressure on Tim Bradley. in all the years we've faced Todd Brody, i can't remember a game where Ted Brawny looked more uncomfortable.

people will complain about the pace and tempo, but that's been what's been expected and OPENLY WELCOMED by pretty much every single person on this board since Marrone and Hackett were hired.

the penalties were awful and need to be corrected.

the game didn't seem to be too big or fast for EJ.

overall it was an exciting and mostly enjoyable game. bring on the Panthers.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:

This can't be said enough. Freddie was twice as effective in the passing game and the run game.

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKelvin was a freaking beast in the secondary. Looked like a legit starting corner. Manuel played well, just wish he was able to rack up more yardage. Searcy played a solid game as well. Lawson was all over the place but it seemed like he didn't find the field as much in the 2nd half.

Penalties and fumbles killed this team. Stevie Johnsons drop didn't help us any either. Spiller couldn't get the running game going at all. Jackson was very effective all game and probably should have had more of an opportunity. Where was Graham all day, did he even catch a pass?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was Kiko?

Oregon RB Tracker
Byron Marshall: 0 carries, 0 yds, 0TDs, 0 rec, 0 yds
Thomas Tyner: 0 carries, 0 yds, 0TDs, 0 rec, 0 yds
Royce Freeman: 0 carries, 0 yds, 0TDs, 0 rec, 0 yds
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
McKelvin was a freaking beast in the secondary. Looked like a legit starting corner. Manuel played well, just wish he was able to rack up more yardage. Searcy played a solid game as well. Lawson was all over the place but it seemed like he didn't find the field as much in the 2nd half.

Penalties and fumbles killed this team. Stevie Johnsons drop didn't help us any either. Spiller couldn't get the running game going at all. Jackson was very effective all game and probably should have had more of an opportunity. Where was Graham all day, did he even catch a pass?

Absolutely earned his money.

Graham made a couple attempts at end arounds but other than that he was basically a detriment. Took the ball out of the endzone deep and only got to the 12.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: