Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Conflict starting to build with Broncos and VON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Conflict starting to build with Broncos and VON Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9650425/denver-broncos-seek-125m-von-miller
A simmering financial dispute between the Denver Broncos and suspended linebacker Von Miller is looming.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/440/road-could-get-bumpy-for-von-miller-denver-broncos
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense but this is completely misleading. The Broncos are withholding the money because it's league policy. It was reported somewhere by Klis that the Broncos were not going to withhold the money. In fact, the article even states that this is how the NFL wants it's business conducted.

I think this will eventually be settled.

Thanks, Tzimisce
maverick9305

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems kinda silly in my opinion. Broncos can afford this and Miller's one of our young stars. Why make a big deal out of 1.2 million when we can definitely pay for it?

It was a mistake, but it's not worth ruining our relationship with Miller over.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maverick9305 wrote:
Seems kinda silly in my opinion. Broncos can afford this and Miller's one of our young stars. Why make a big deal out of 1.2 million when we can definitely pay for it?

It was a mistake, but it's not worth ruining our relationship with Miller over.

While I don't disagree with what you're saying, it does set a precedent for the future if we don't recoup the money.

However, as the article states, this seems to be the NFL enforcing their CBA rules through Denver, rather than Denver actively trying to get that money back.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

67 nailed it. This has nothing to do with Denver at all. It's part of the CBA. Here's a quote from the article;
Quote:
Executives around the league said Denver has no choice but to reclaim Miller's bonus money; it's how the NFL wants its business conducted.

Very, very misleading headlines. Journalism at it's worst.
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
No offense but this is completely misleading. The Broncos are withholding the money because it's league policy. It was reported somewhere by Klis that the Broncos were not going to withhold the money. In fact, the article even states that this is how the NFL wants it's business conducted.

I think this will eventually be settled.

Applause Applause ESPN creating drama when there is none.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it maybe league policy that the Broncos are following, I think we would be taking a lot for granted if we are to assume there aren't any trust issues and potential road bumps in this relationship.

Do you give a player a max deal who is one mistake away from a year's suspension? Does VON agree to very hard language that the Broncos are going to want to put in his contract as protection against any further violations? Will the Broncos want to take advantage of their leverage and offer lower numbers? I am sure VON will be looking to be the highest paid defensive player in the history of the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/440/road-could-get-bumpy-for-von-miller-denver-broncos
So, there are some trust issues from the Broncos' executives and even some of Millerís teammates at the moment, things Miller will try to address as he works through the suspension, which includes how he handles his off-the-field life.

Those are tough choices on both sides, potentially tough topics to work through without hard feelings on all sides, and the impending dispute over some signing-bonus money will be just the start of what won't always be a smooth ride.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
While it maybe league policy that the Broncos are following, I think we would be taking a lot for granted if we are to assume there aren't any trust issues and potential road bumps in this relationship.

Do you give a player a max deal who is one mistake away from a year's suspension? Does VON agree to very hard language that the Broncos are going to want to put in his contract as protection against any further violations? Will the Broncos want to take advantage of their leverage and offer lower numbers? I am sure VON will be looking to be the highest paid defensive player in the history of the NFL.

So, there are some trust issues from the Broncos' executives and even some of Millerís teammates at the moment, things Miller will try to address as he works through the suspension, which includes how he handles his off-the-field life.

Those are tough choices on both sides, potentially tough topics to work through without hard feelings on all sides, and the impending dispute over some signing-bonus money will be just the start of what won't always be a smooth ride.

I think these are two completely different conversations mke.

The 1st, there's really nothing to talk about. it's league policy that the Bronco's are enforcing with no choice in the matter.

Now the 2nd, trust issues, contract protection, player value? You betcha. That's a long detailed conversation and one I'm sure both parties are already thinking about if not engaged in.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9661335/denver-broncos-not-happy-von-miller-citation

And so it begins,,,,,,,,,,
"Obviously we're not happy about. Everybody here has an individual responsibility, not only to themselves, but to this organization, to this football, so it's something we're not pleased about. We'll leave it at that," Broncos coach John Fox said Wednesday.
roar2014

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are reading too much into this.

Yes the pattern of his offenses are disturbing, but lets let them play out and see what the consequences are. Lots of people are quick to jump the gun and go straight to the extreme on these situations.

The Broncos and Von will work this out. He will eventually get it. In the meantime we should remain patient.

It's also worth-mentioning that many people forget that he is a football player first and foremost, and he has exceptional talent and that alone is enough for the Broncos to ride this whole situation out. Think of this situation similar to the LT (Lawrence Taylor) problems that the Giants had, well that is how exactly I see the Broncos riding this out, On-Field Talent over Off-Field Issues (yes the off-field issues affect his ability to even get on the field, but this new instance won't change any of that, in terms of his suspension length).

I am also confident that the Broncos will address these issues very seriously. I look for Woodyard, Manning and other leaders to call him out on this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: