Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KOTH Mock Draft 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
The Bears aren’t going to spend back to back top 20 picks on guards…with the way your board is sitting Aaron Lynch, Louchiez Purifoy or Anthony Johnson would be better picks…again in last year’s draft we spent a 2nd round pick on a MLB so I can’t see us taking Johnson…De'Anthony Thomas would be the clear pick in round 2 given what Trestman could do with him.

I'm starting to like the idea of Aaron Lynch, McClellin just doesn't seem to be progressing the way we all thought he would, i know it's early but after week one our pass rush is the biggest weakness on this team.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Walshy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The Bears aren’t going to spend back to back top 20 picks on guards…with the way your board is sitting Aaron Lynch, Louchiez Purifoy or Anthony Johnson would be better picks…again in last year’s draft we spent a 2nd round pick on a MLB so I can’t see us taking Johnson…De'Anthony Thomas would be the clear pick in round 2 given what Trestman could do with him.

I'm starting to like the idea of Aaron Lynch, McClellin just doesn't seem to be progressing the way we all thought he would, i know it's early but after week one our pass rush is the biggest weakness on this team.

Which is really surprising. I'm willing to bet that changes week 2. And McClellin did have our lone sack.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picks are rather bad (at least Maziel, which is a disgusting pick), but I can't argue with that spot. Wink

daboyle is gud at sigz

Tony Romo OPOY Watch: Chokes, chokes. More chokes. A choke there too! Bad play calling. A choke. CHOOOOOKES

FLEX TWB
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeathStar wrote:
The picks are rather bad (at least Maziel, which is a disgusting pick), but I can't argue with that spot. Wink

lol I keep hearing about your DT woes and with the transition to the 4-3 you need some 1 gap tackles

as for Manziel dont think Jerry isn't ready to start grooming Romo's successor

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be sad if we went back to back on WR this draft. We need help.

Good stuff for the Panthers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Round - DT is a need so I could see this being the pick. Personal preference though, I would be sad if we passed on Lyerla there. He's IMO the ideal type of TE for the Seahawks' offense.

2nd Round - We have Lynch/Turbin/Michael at RB and Percy Harvin will be our wildcard type playmaker that will probably take some handoffs on occasion as well. This pick doesn't make a ton of sense to me. This pick comes down to 2 people for sure, maybe a couple more are options that I'm not thinking of right now.

1st Options: Antonio "Tiny" Richardson, OT from Tennessee. Reason being that the right side of our O-Line is hot garbage and with our offense being based around the run and having a young QB we want to protect, Richardson is INCREDIBLE value at the end of the 2nd (unless I missed his name already taken).

2nd Option: Mike Evans, WR from Texas A&M. Carroll likes big, physical players and Evans would make the team able to not worry about losing Rice if we need to make room under the cap to re-sign some of our younger guys. He's a competitor, strong and has decent speed for his size. If the team were considering moving on from Rice, they'd probably re-sign Golden Tate who is also a very physical player, albeit, much smaller.

3rd Option: Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG from UCLA. This is my least favorite option of the 3, but still a VERY good one as we have major question marks @ both guard positions and I'm ready to move on from Carpenter if we can. I'm hoping Alvin Bailey can secure the RG position sometime during the season and play it well, but we still will need a stud LG that is good all around playing next to Okung and Unger. This would give us one of the best left sides of an O-Line in the league IMO almost instantaneously and would make life SO much easier for our RB's and Wilson.

Later rounds if you decide to add more down the line:

3rd - Traded away for Percy Harvin Sad We could really use one for a D-Tackle or whatever position on the O-Line we don't address earlier.
4th - O-Line (Explained), DT (Pass Rusher Preferred)
5th - O-Line (Yes, Again) DE (Could use depth/competition at both positions IMO), Safety Depth or potentially another nickel CB as Thurmond has shown he has trouble staying healthy and outside of him, I don't know how well our other CB's would do inside.
6th - BPA (Maybe a WR with decent size that would be a project at CB)
7th - BPA
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with our RBs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I personally thought continuing to establish the O-Line would be a priority and figured adding another linebacker would be intriguing

candyman93 wrote:
Why Ed Stinson? We are deep at DL and are fine at OLB.

transition to the 3-4 and Stinson is a prototypical 3-4 End

I also considered C.J. Fiedorowicz for you guys

You picked the one position where Cleveland is loaded with talent. We have studs on the DL.
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
TheDeathStar wrote:

lol I keep hearing about your DT woes and with the transition to the 4-3 you need some 1 gap tackles

as for Manziel dont think Jerry isn't ready to start grooming Romo's successor

The first pick is good, its just Manziel is so immature and overrated it drags down my opinion! David Fales would be better, unless I'm missing something on him.

Also would be mad with Johnson going so soon before us!

daboyle is gud at sigz

Tony Romo OPOY Watch: Chokes, chokes. More chokes. A choke there too! Bad play calling. A choke. CHOOOOOKES

FLEX TWB
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Barr would be great in that Pettine defense.. I do see us picking between 5-10
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Purifoy pick, but even if we lose Michael Johnson Margus Hunt has all the makings of a beast at DE.
CDub

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly wouldn't mind that draft. I like Boyd quite a bit, and from what i've seen from Ponder, we are definitely going to need to go QB in this draft. Sick of watching bad QB play in Minnesota. We have some young talent but we need a solid QB.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB in the first is a good pick for the Browns

not so sold on taking a DE in the 2nd unless we trade Rubin, because we're loaded on the DL

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: 4 more weeks.......
Sig by Smack
ctpatsfan77

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: KOTH Mock Draft 1.0 Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
30- New England Patriots- DT Timmy Jernigan Florida State
30- New England Patriots- TE Xavier Grimble USC

32- Dallas Cowboys- QB Johnny Manziel Texas A&M

(A) I see no way Manziel drops that far. You're not projecting trades, of course, but by this point either the Patriots would take him themselves (if they liked him), or would have made a trade with somebody who did (if they don't want him).

(B) BB has shown very little love for USC players, so I can't see him taking Grimble. (He's taken two round 7 flyers, on Oscar Lua and Matt Cassel, and that's it.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I personally thought continuing to establish the O-Line would be a priority and figured adding another linebacker would be intriguing

candyman93 wrote:
Why Ed Stinson? We are deep at DL and are fine at OLB.

transition to the 3-4 and Stinson is a prototypical 3-4 End

I also considered C.J. Fiedorowicz for you guys

No really, the Browns are fine on the DL.

Vince Lombardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: