Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins sign LB Koa Misi to a 4-year, $17M extension
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Dolphins sign LB Koa Misi to a 4-year, $17M extension Reply with quote

Quote:
The #Dolphins 4-year extension with Koa Misi has been finalized, source said. It happened last night. (@alexmarvez 1st reported)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/376356036384260096

***Update***
Quote:
According to a source, Dolphins LB Koa Misi's extension is worth $17M over 4 years, with over $8 million guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/status/376380878416404480

***Update***
Quote:
#Dolphins extension for LB Koa Misi? A 4-year deal worth $17M with $9M guaranteed, per source. Largest for 2-down LB? If not, it's close.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/376548002006974464
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:04 am; edited 2 times in total
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that leaves one less hole to fill this coming offseason. I'm anxious to learn of the terms.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this honestly surprised me. Misi is a pretty decent player, but I really thought there was a chance they let him walk and moved Jordan to his spot next year if Vernon does well this season.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
this honestly surprised me. Misi is a pretty decent player, but I really thought there was a chance they let him walk and moved Jordan to his spot next year if Vernon does well this season.

In the end that may still happen....depending on the terms....if nothing else he could end up a very good depth guy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

In the end that may still happen....depending on the terms....if nothing else he could end up a very good depth guy.

I really saw a Von Miller-esque role in Jordan's future, only with more hand on the ground. You're right, it could still happen, but it will take some creativity. Having said that, too much front 7 talent to get on the field at once is a good problem to have.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see too much hate on Misi. He wasn't much of a fit at 3-4 OLB because of his limited pass rush moves. He did set the edge well and tackle well though. This year, he proved he fits great in a 4-3 defense. 65 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2 pass defensed, and 2 FF is a pretty good year as OLB. He is showing versatility.

To me, Misi is our Brian Hartline on defense. Solid contributor who does his job well, fits in nicely with hard work and is willing to help the team on special teams.

UniversalAuthor
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
According to a source, Dolphins LB Koa Misi's extension is worth $17M over 4 years, with over $8 million guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/status/376380878416404480
Tom Brady Tribute
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with 4y/17M. Seems very reasonable. I wonder if this is a signal that in 2014 Starks will surely not be with the team. A chain reaction: Misi being the full-time OLB (mainly in 4-3), which means Jordan and Vernon will see much time at DE, which means Odrick will kick in to full-time 4-3 UT.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
I'm cool with 4y/17M. Seems very reasonable. I wonder if this is a signal that in 2014 Starks will surely not be with the team. A chain reaction: Misi being the full-time OLB (mainly in 4-3), which means Jordan and Vernon will see much time at DE, which means Odrick will kick in to full-time 4-3 UT.

The Dolphins have offers to both Starks and Soliai.....it most likely will come down to who signs first...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also a reminder that only $8m is guaranteed, and it's an extension, meaning that it's essentially $9m over three years (including this year). The other $9m is optional, and if he actually gets it when the time comes, he earned it.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misi isn't a impactful type player but he doesn't hurt you out there he sets the edge stops the run and plays with passion. I like him on the football team. It also doesn't hurt that he grew up 10 min from me here in Santa Rosa and has took my head off a few times
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
To me, Misi is our Brian Hartline on defense. Solid contributor who does his job well, fits in nicely with hard work and is willing to help the team on special teams.

I love this quote because it is so true lol

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$8 million guaranteed over four years? I'm okay with this. Misi is a solid contributor who doesn't make many mistakes. We could certainly do a lot worse.

Soliai next please.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contract is getting hate, but if your biggest complaint is that he isn't a "gamechanger" then that isn't bad. He is scheme versatile. He can cover backs, rush the passer a little and is good in run support. Can play 4-3 OLB and 3-4 OLB pretty well also has potential to kick inside in a pinch. I think we'll see him at 4-3 DE also.

Wake/Jordan/Vernon/Misi is a quality/versatile pass rush grouping. All 4 can drop, all 4 are threats to rush.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Koa as a hard working dude but surely we should have had him prove hes worth another deal?
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: