Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49er Player Predictions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: 49er Player Predictions Reply with quote

Who do you guys think will be out stand out leaders this year?

All 49ers
MVP:
Offensive Rookie of the Year:
Defensive Rookie of the Year:
Offensive Player of the Year:
Defensive Player of the Year:
Special Teams Player of the Year:

My votes...
MVP: Colin Kaepernick
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Quinton Patton
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Eric Reid
Offensive Player of the Year: Colin Kaepernick
Defensive Player of the Year: Aldon Smith
Special Teams Player of the Year: Phil Dawson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 49er Player Predictions Reply with quote

I was about to answer all the questions, then I thought I'd look at your answers and realised they were the same. So, yeah, what you said. I could see Vance beating Patton, if he really breaks out, and Quinton being a receiver in an offense that never truly featured multiple receivers well.

And for some reason, I think Justin will have an amazing year. A 2011 type of year. He'll be crushing and bulldozing people.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
BangBang

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, dude... you already gave all the right answers. Laughing

Although, special teams player of the year will be C.J. Spillman. Cool
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea pretty much what you said SoCal. I have a feeling though that this is going to be the year that Pwilly wins DPOY of the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
Damn, dude... you already gave all the right answers. Laughing

Although, special teams player of the year will be C.J. Spillman. Cool

Hmm... I'll go with the knucklepunter, Mr Andy Lee (of whom I rock the jersey, hell yeah!).

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of player predications. Do you guys think we have a 1000 yard receiver this year?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
On the subject of player predications. Do you guys think we have a 1000 yard receiver this year?

Vernon Davis... I'm calling it now.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 49er Player Predictions Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

All 49ers
MVP:

My votes...

We go as far as he takes us.

Offensive rookie of the year: Vance McDonald

The main reason is that I think he'll play considerable snaps from game one on so long as he's healthy. I think Patton will be in such a heavy rotation with the other receivers that he won't see many targets or receptions. We seem to have issues deciding on a number 2 and if he's good enough to take it, I don't think he can prove it until at least 4 or 5 games into the season.

Defensive rookie of the year: Eric Reid

He'll be a day one starter and won't be rotated out. He'd have to be awful and Lemonier would have to be great (in limited action too) for this to change.

Offensive Player of the year: Kaepernick

If he's not, we're in trouble.

Defensive Player of the year: Justin Smith

He won't put up the sexy stats of Aldon, but I think he's going to absolutely go beastly this year. Like, All-Pro at two positions type beastly.

Special Teams Player of the Year: Andy Lee

I think that Dawson is actually going to struggle somewhat; not as bad as Akers mind you, but I don't think he'll be as automatic as he has been in the past, especially on 48+. Our return game is almost always in a state of flux, so while Williams and Patton could start off returning, we'll eventually have LMJ back and he could return, and we may see Cox back there on some punts as well.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

This is actually what I was going to say. If we are counting VD as a "receiver" than he has by far the best chance. The only problem is that he's not a great receiver; doesn't have the best hands, nor does he have a particularly large route tree. He's not the type who's going to create space when he's blanketed unless he can just out run someone. That's why he disappears for games on end. Also, for whatever reason, it seems like Harbaugh/Roman go through phases on when they like to use him. I've never understood their aversion to using him more in the redzone; he's got the body and the speed and I thought he played the role well with Smith under center.

As for the actual receivers, only Boldin has a real shot at it, and I don't think he has the physical ability to get open enough to get there. I think he's more likely capping out in the 850-950 area. The other receivers will be in such a rotation and changing snaps so often that I doubt any of them get the ball consistently enough to get there.

BangBang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
BangBang wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

This is actually what I was going to say. If we are counting VD as a "receiver" than he has by far the best chance. The only problem is that he's not a great receiver; doesn't have the best hands, nor does he have a particularly large route tree. He's not the type who's going to create space when he's blanketed unless he can just out run someone. That's why he disappears for games on end. Also, for whatever reason, it seems like Harbaugh/Roman go through phases on when they like to use him. I've never understood their aversion to using him more in the redzone; he's got the body and the speed and I thought he played the role well with Smith under center.

As for the actual receivers, only Boldin has a real shot at it, and I don't think he has the physical ability to get open enough to get there. I think he's more likely capping out in the 850-950 area. The other receivers will be in such a rotation and changing snaps so often that I doubt any of them get the ball consistently enough to get there.

Yeah, the problem with Anquan is that his Yards Per Reception likely won't be very high. I see him making some big plays and catches for us, but nothing down the field, at least not consistently.

As for Vernon, while he's not a natural pass catcher, I can't even recall him dropping a pass recently. T.O. wasn't a natural pass catcher either and he's one of the best to ever play the game. If Vernon and Kaep's chemistry is as good as it's being touted then I believe he has a chance at 1,000... we'll see, though. In all honesty, it's irrelevant to me, but it is a nice number to see on the stat sheet.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

Crabtree. 5 games, 200 yards a game. And no TD.

If I get this prediction right, you guys give me all that you own, ok?

SFaithful97

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 49er Player Predictions Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

All 49ers
MVP:

My votes...

We go as far as he takes us.

Offensive rookie of the year: Vance McDonald

The main reason is that I think he'll play considerable snaps from game one on so long as he's healthy. I think Patton will be in such a heavy rotation with the other receivers that he won't see many targets or receptions. We seem to have issues deciding on a number 2 and if he's good enough to take it, I don't think he can prove it until at least 4 or 5 games into the season.

Defensive rookie of the year: Eric Reid

He'll be a day one starter and won't be rotated out. He'd have to be awful and Lemonier would have to be great (in limited action too) for this to change.

Offensive Player of the year: Kaepernick

If he's not, we're in trouble.

Defensive Player of the year: Justin Smith

He won't put up the sexy stats of Aldon, but I think he's going to absolutely go beastly this year. Like, All-Pro at two positions type beastly.

Special Teams Player of the Year: Andy Lee

I think that Dawson is actually going to struggle somewhat; not as bad as Akers mind you, but I don't think he'll be as automatic as he has been in the past, especially on 48+. Our return game is almost always in a state of flux, so while Williams and Patton could start off returning, we'll eventually have LMJ back and he could return, and we may see Cox back there on some punts as well.
Applause

Came into the thread to give these answers. I think McDonald will get more opportunities than Patton to shine this year, especially when we get Crabs and/or Manningham back. Justin Smith will again be in the conversation of best DL in football, and think he is in for a dominant year.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
Forge wrote:
BangBang wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Yeah, the problem with Anquan is that his Yards Per Reception likely won't be very high. I see him making some big plays and catches for us, but nothing down the field, at least not consistently.

As for Vernon, while he's not a natural pass catcher, I can't even recall him dropping a pass recently. T.O. wasn't a natural pass catcher either and he's one of the best to ever play the game. If Vernon and Kaep's chemistry is as good as it's being touted then I believe he has a chance at 1,000... we'll see, though. In all honesty, it's irrelevant to me, but it is a nice number to see on the stat sheet.

VD has definitely gotten better in regards to the receiving game; he had 4 drops last year; his drop % was a little over 6%, which is hardly back breaking. But as you said, he's still not the most natural pass catcher. I think that's part of the reason his route tree is fairly limited (along with his lack of fluidity in the agility department). I am curious to see if we line him up at receiver more this year; we have done it in the past and he actually hasn't done all that well.

I agree that the 1000 yard mark is fairly arbitrary unimportant; if we are spreading the ball around and still have a top 8 offense without the benefit of a 1000 yard receiver, so be it. So long as we can push the offense in the passing game, it's fine, and Kaep likes to take his shots downfield, so I don't feel like that will be a huge issue.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you add other categories to the original post like:

Most receiving yards
Most receiving TDs
Most tackles
Most INTs
Most forced fumbles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Can you add other categories to the original post like:

Most receiving yards
Most receiving TDs
Most tackles
Most INTs
Most forced fumbles

Receiving Yards: Anquan Boldin
Receiving Tds: Vernon Davis
Most Tackles: Navarro Bowman
Most INTs: Tarell Brown
Most Forced Fumbles: Patrick Willis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: