Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Geno Smith Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Congrats Jets! Smith looked good today and your run defense was great. Now critics will be silent for alil bit. Hope he continues to play well.

did you read the headline on NFL.com

What was the headline?
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love It

Props to JMG on the sig
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost as good as Rex's First Down point and Tone's First Down celebration.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Congrats Jets! Smith looked good today and your run defense was great. Now critics will be silent for alil bit. Hope he continues to play well.

What was the headline?

Bucs gift win to Jets

like we did nothing good at all

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone noticed they didn't show the score or highlights from our game during the SNF halftime show. No Respect.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Did anyone noticed they didn't show the score or highlights from our game during the SNF halftime show. No Respect.
I said to my gf "apparently, they're saving the best for last". It never came.

Props to JMG on the sig
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

What was the headline?

Bucs gift win to Jets

like we did nothing good at all

Wow! Complete garbage but I think y'all are used to them belittling the Jets. Oh well, their network sucks anyways Cool

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs did gift the win to the Jets though, really. But that's football though - the team that loses is usually the one that does more to contribute to their own demise. The best teams first and foremost know not to beat themselves.

As for Geno Smith and his performance, he performed well at times but still doesn't look ready to play. But we really can't do anything about that, so all we can hope for is that he's got the mental fortitude to take the bumps he's going to take and not let them affect him and to learn from mistakes rather than develop bad habits, and hope the game slows down for him as he continues to gain experience.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
The Bucs did gift the win to the Jets though, really. But that's football though - the team that loses is usually the one that does more to contribute to their own demise. The best teams first and foremost know not to beat themselves.

As for Geno Smith and his performance, he performed well at times but still doesn't look ready to play. But we really can't do anything about that, so all we can hope for is that he's got the mental fortitude to take the bumps he's going to take and not let them affect him and to learn from mistakes rather than develop bad habits, and hope the game slows down for him as he continues to gain experience.

gift

we still

had to stop Vincent Jackson from breaking away, Demario Davis did
get within field goal range, Geno Smith did with the penalty
make the field goal, Nick Folk did

along with stuffing their run and putting pressure on Freeman all damn day

but NOPE Bucs gave it to us

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
JerseyJet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one throw geno made to kerley I think it was that made me believe geno with time can be big time. It was a throw down the seam where he anticipated where the receiver was going to be but it ended as a drop. With more reps and confidence he can be he qb we need. He can make all the tried and tends to make the smart play more than often. He turned the ball over a couple of time but you got to like the way he took car of the ball overall in the game. He didn't make those cringy what the heck throws we saw from Sanchez. Biggest thing he has right now is his mobility. He made crucial plays with his leg that kept us in the game. Mind you he had no run game, no o line, and the receivers we not great today. Geno was basically the offense amassing about 300 total yards himself. Pretty good first game for the rook. Down the road would like to we him be more decisive with his throws and make some big plays down the field.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJet wrote:
There was one throw geno made to kerley I think it was that made me believe geno with time can be big time. It was a throw down the seam where he anticipated where the receiver was going to be but it ended as a drop. With more reps and confidence he can be he qb we need. He can make all the tried and tends to make the smart play more than often. He turned the ball over a couple of time but you got to like the way he took car of the ball overall in the game. He didn't make those cringy what the heck throws we saw from Sanchez. Biggest thing he has right now is his mobility. He made crucial plays with his leg that kept us in the game. Mind you he had no run game, no o line, and the receivers we not great today. Geno was basically the offense amassing about 300 total yards himself. Pretty good first game for the rook. Down the road would like to we him be more decisive with his throws and make some big plays down the field.

yeah he just has to see more coverages, more snaps, more film, more time and he'll adjust

he's come a long way from college though

Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
JMG wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
One thing I was really wondering about Geno, would be how he responds to early struggles in a game, whether it would get to him or he'd shake it off and straighten his head. So, here's Geno's passing numbers after the interception:

16/21 160 Yards 1 TD. 76%, 7.6 YPA 113.2 Passer Rating.
That's impressive.

Just curious, why are you so interested in Geno Smith? Are you a Geno Smith fan or WVU fan?

WVU fan(I'm actually a WVU student currently, although taking my last year abroad), but I also lived near Miramar while he was in high school, so I've followed him for awhile. I follow most WVU players once they turn pro, but yeah I've been really excited for awhile to see how Geno could do in the NFL.
Wow, that's interesting. Okay.

Here's another question for you. What type of QB do you expect Geno to be with the Jets? Will he be a starting QB for more than a year? Also where do you see him ranking amongst the NFL if he does start another year and pans out.

A slightly more conservative Romo, once he builds the confidence to take shots downfield more. Will have a few bad stretches and maybe cost you a game or two a year through a couple head scratching plays or just never getting in a good rhythm, but will also have a couple games where he looks unstoppable, and then solid the rest of the year. He could pan out pretty well as an above average QB if the Jets keep putting pieces around him, probably in the 7-12 range among QBs, although I don't think there's any hard limit on his ceiling since his physical tools aren't really lacking in any capacity.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ever since we drafted him and even prior when I was drafting the draft's QBs I have been very critical of the pick and of Geno. And in a majority of the first half he had shown me everything that I expected out of him and my annoyance of us picking him was fueled even more. And then it was like something clicked and he turned everything around and didnt compound his mistakes and put together enough to put this win together. The difference between Mark and him in that situation is Mark would try to force his way back into the game which more times than not would put him and the team in deeper trouble where as Geno kept his head level and just played sound like a old vet that knows how to not lose games.

I came around very impressed with how he didnt pile his mistakes up, I do not think hes a better QB than Mark at this time but he showed me more than I expected him to.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

gift

we still

All of those things happened in order to keep the game within points, and it still took a massive, massive gaff to put the Jets in field goal range. We're incredibly lucky to get that break, the opposition making such a crucial mistake like that is a rarity. It's a gift. Just enjoy it and know we're probably not going to get it again.

The Jets played an excellent defensive game and struggled offensively against a quality defense, and were handed a number of breaks by Tampa's defense's lack of discipline/over-aggression. Tampa committed 13 penalties for 102 yards. If we do that in any game this year it's not going to be close.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

gift

we still

All of those things happened in order to keep the game within points, and it still took a massive, massive gaff to put the Jets in field goal range. We're incredibly lucky to get that break, the opposition making such a crucial mistake like that is a rarity. It's a gift. Just enjoy it and know we're probably not going to get it again.

The Jets played an excellent defensive game and struggled offensively against a quality defense, and were handed a number of breaks by Tampa's defense's lack of discipline/over-aggression. Tampa committed 13 penalties for 102 yards. If we do that in any game this year it's not going to be close.

I dont buy that though, part of the game of football is execution

false starts
unnecessary roughness
holding

are all part of the game

we had Tampa rattled but the O took time to get going but when we did we were moving the ball

I dont believe in gifts unless its a situation where Seattle was gifted a win vs Green Bay last year or Baltimore was gifted a win vs New England

David made a bone headed play thats routine whether its in the 1st , 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarters but I'm tired of the media discrediting us

when we lose we suck
when we win we're lucky

the fact that the NFL lets the people who they allow to cover their league criticize us like that speaks volumes to me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: