Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Geno Smith Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I got him 16/28 277 2 TDs 2 INTs(Revis and David) 4 rushes 18 yards

24/36 290 Yards 2 TDs 1 INT (1 TD Stephen Hill, 1 TD Kellen Winslow)(Int Goldson)

Rushes 5 times for 30 (with only one long one making up most of that 30)
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Malik wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I just wanna say I dont think Geno is a Franchise QB but he will be a solid-very good QB for us

I always thought his ceiling was Aaron Rodgers but I think he peaks at a Daunte Culpepper level

If Geno could be a healthy Daunte, even without the running, this team should be a consistent 10 game winner.

Your comment makes no sense to me. Hes not a franchise QB but he'll be solid to very good. Sounds like a guy I want moving forward. Then you compair him to Daunte Culpepper whose not very good at all. So I really am not sure how you feel about Geno Smith at all. What about him makes you think hes Culpepper? or not someone to build around? Just curious.

Actually Culpeppers first five years as a starter were pretty good. He had about a 90 Qb rating, over 63% completion rate and threw for over 4700 yards in one season. I believe he got hurt and was never the same after that
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I got him 16/28 277 2 TDs 2 INTs(Revis and David) 4 rushes 18 yards

24/36 290 Yards 2 TDs 1 INT (1 TD Stephen Hill, 1 TD Kellen Winslow)(Int Goldson)

Rushes 5 times for 30 (with only one long one making up most of that 30)

I would be so happy with this.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Malik wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I just wanna say I dont think Geno is a Franchise QB but he will be a solid-very good QB for us

I always thought his ceiling was Aaron Rodgers but I think he peaks at a Daunte Culpepper level

If Geno could be a healthy Daunte, even without the running, this team should be a consistent 10 game winner.

Your comment makes no sense to me. Hes not a franchise QB but he'll be solid to very good. Sounds like a guy I want moving forward. Then you compair him to Daunte Culpepper whose not very good at all. So I really am not sure how you feel about Geno Smith at all. What about him makes you think hes Culpepper? or not someone to build around? Just curious.

Actually Culpeppers first five years as a starter were pretty good. He had about a 90 Qb rating, over 63% completion rate and threw for over 4700 yards in one season. I believe he got hurt and was never the same after that

Yup. Culpepper was essentially Matthew Stafford before Matthew Stafford. Difference being the athleticism and Matthew Stafford stays in the film room more.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I was really wondering about Geno, would be how he responds to early struggles in a game, whether it would get to him or he'd shake it off and straighten his head. So, here's Geno's passing numbers after the interception:

16/21 160 Yards 1 TD. 76%, 7.6 YPA 113.2 Passer Rating.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
One thing I was really wondering about Geno, would be how he responds to early struggles in a game, whether it would get to him or he'd shake it off and straighten his head. So, here's Geno's passing numbers after the interception:

That's impressive.

Just curious, why are you so interested in Geno Smith? Are you a Geno Smith fan or WVU fan?

[]_[] Family
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno showed me exactly want I wanted to see. He bounced back after the pick, he threw well even with defenders in his face, and he threw a lot of great passes. There was no ground game for him to rely on, so I was really impressed with his play.

My favorite moment came when he called audibles. It shows how much he studies and how confident he is in his ability to read defenses. I didn't see that when Sanchez was at QB. Once when he gains more experience, he'll know what to call.

Quote:
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
Bobikus wrote:

That's impressive.

Just curious, why are you so interested in Geno Smith? Are you a Geno Smith fan or WVU fan?

WVU fan(I'm actually a WVU student currently, although taking my last year abroad), but I also lived near Miramar while he was in high school, so I've followed him for awhile. I follow most WVU players once they turn pro, but yeah I've been really excited for awhile to see how Geno could do in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Geno showed me exactly want I wanted to see. He bounced back after the pick, he threw well even with defenders in his face, and he threw a lot of great passes. There was no ground game for him to rely on, so I was really impressed with his play.

My favorite moment came when he called audibles. It shows how much he studies and how confident he is in his ability to read defenses. I didn't see that when Sanchez was at QB. Once when he gains more experience, he'll know what to call.

Yup, this. He is going to make mistakes but I thought Geno showed great poise and bounced back well. We need to get our ground game going in order to support him better.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
JMG wrote:
Bobikus wrote:

That's impressive.

WVU fan(I'm actually a WVU student currently, although taking my last year abroad), but I also lived near Miramar while he was in high school, so I've followed him for awhile. I follow most WVU players once they turn pro, but yeah I've been really excited for awhile to see how Geno could do in the NFL.
Wow, that's interesting. Okay.

Here's another question for you. What type of QB do you expect Geno to be with the Jets? Will he be a starting QB for more than a year? Also where do you see him ranking amongst the NFL if he does start another year and pans out.

[]_[] Family
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Jets! Smith looked good today and your run defense was great. Now critics will be silent for alil bit. Hope he continues to play well.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Congrats Jets! Smith looked good today and your run defense was great. Now critics will be silent for alil bit. Hope he continues to play well.

did you read the headline on NFL.com

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

did you read the headline on NFL.com

ESPN too.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Yup, this. He is going to make mistakes but I thought Geno showed great poise and bounced back well. We need to get our ground game going in order to support him better.

Exactly. Marty has to figure out what works for this line run blocking wise. Geno is not going to be able to carry this offense yet. Once when defenses get a hold of the film, they will start adjusting. So Geno need the run game to come ASAP.

Quote:
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Exactly. Marty has to figure out what works for this line run blocking wise. Geno is not going to be able to carry this offense yet. Once when defenses get a hold of the film, they will start adjusting. So Geno need the run game to come ASAP.

The thing is I actually believe Marty is well aware of the shortcomings of our run blocking and thats why we tried those gadget and wildcat runs to see if we could create anything because our Line was doing us no favors at all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: