Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Geno Smith Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: The Geno Smith Thread Reply with quote

This will be our general Geno Smith thread for this season. I spoke to JFD about this via PM, and he agreed this would be a good idea. This thread is intended so that we don't see multiple threads popping up every week saying "GENO IS THE TRUTH" or "GENO SUCKS" based on his performance in that week's game. This thread is where you will state your opinions and whether or not you believe he is the franchise QB.

Last edited by green24 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know there will be a few made any way. Hopefully no comment on them. This is a great idea.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I already know there will be a few made any way. Hopefully no comment on them. This is a great idea.

Yep. I've seen this in other team forums, including the Jaguars and Vikings.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? Does moderator get paid locking up several threads?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Geno & Hill connect on a deep pass. 60+ yard play. see them two develop chemistry and become deadly.

Last edited by rickyt31 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:

It's just nice to have one place to have all general discussion about him.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanna say I dont think Geno is a Franchise QB but he will be a solid-very good QB for us

I always thought his ceiling was Aaron Rodgers but I think he peaks at a Daunte Culpepper level

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

It's just nice to have one place to have all general discussion about him.

I know.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I want to see Geno & Hill connect on a deep pass. 60+ yard play. see them two develop chemistry and become deadly.
Marty won't call a play like that. Every play he runs for Geno is short, quick reads. MEH.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Geno's thread Reply with quote

What i don"t like about threads is that they get way to long. And go on for ever, Smith is only a rookie, what can we except from him in his the first year. We are rebuilding & things are going in the right direction. We will know more about the Jets after the Tampa Bay game.
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay a new Geno Thread!

just joking

my 2 Cents

Geno has all the physical tools one would need for a franchise QB it is just about coaching him and bringing him along the right way. This obviously assuming Geno is willing to work which I do believe he is. We've seen QBs come from spread college offenses and still have success in the NFL in recent years, mostly due to proper coaching and good game planning to hide their weaknesses and work to their strengths.

So for now I do think we have a good guy in Marty for our offense. I mean just look at the preseason, yes we did have turn overs we shouldn't have had but at the same time our offense did succeed in moving the ball and scoring at times which is far more than can be said about last preseason. We seem to have a guy who finally gets what he's doing with our offense and I think he will be able to bring Geno along nicely.

Also in addition the guy who's running our offense was probably the one who banged the table for Geno here, because everyone knows if Rex can get another D pick in he will, and I don't believe Idzik was forcing a QB, so I believe Marty saw what he needed to see to believe he could have success with Geno's skill set.

Now to Geno himself, physically he's better then I thought he was in college. What I mean to say is I thought he was a bit slower 4.7 range but he seems to be closer to the 4.5 range which is always a positive. And his arm strength I also thought he had an above average arm coming out but I also feel that I underestimated that. Physically Geno really has all the tools he needs its just about getting the Mental part of the game down for him.

For example his 3 INTs in the Giants game

1. Ball Slightly behind WR, WR doesn't help him out and the ball is picked .... Timing with receiver can be fixed with experience.

2. Stevie Brown pick because Geno just overthrew his TE... i assume this was mechanics or him getting a little excited with the Blitz coming also correctable.

3. This one looked like the worst but honestly I don't think Geno has seen enough of a DE dropping back in college to fault him for it yet. Should he have seen tuck or realized that he took 2 steps forward then dropped into coverage? Yes, but its a rookie mistake I've seen tons of rookies make, and its something he definitely will pay extra attention to now that a Defense has done it to him.

And his other "major" blunder stepping out of the back of the end zone on a blitz.... at least he was aware he was running out of space and tried to throw it away ... he was close to staying in bounds and doing it as well ... Its still bad he wasn't able to keep himself in bounds long enough to get rid of the football but its nowhere near the Orlovsky moment its been compared to.

All in all I think Geno could be a very good QB for us possibly even a top 10 QB if given the weapons, because he definitely has the tools he needs and we have a guy who should be good at developing him.
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Marty won't call a play like that. Every play he runs for Geno is short, quick reads. MEH.

Considering Marty likes to go Deep ... there will come a time where he can't resist
Abe56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also say at some point there will be a PA bomb in the game.

43 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 14 QB Hits, 9 Stuffs, 3 PD

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Malik

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I just wanna say I dont think Geno is a Franchise QB but he will be a solid-very good QB for us

I always thought his ceiling was Aaron Rodgers but I think he peaks at a Daunte Culpepper level

If Geno could be a healthy Daunte, even without the running, this team should be a consistent 10 game winner.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

If Geno could be a healthy Daunte, even without the running, this team should be a consistent 10 game winner.

Your comment makes no sense to me. Hes not a franchise QB but he'll be solid to very good. Sounds like a guy I want moving forward. Then you compair him to Daunte Culpepper whose not very good at all. So I really am not sure how you feel about Geno Smith at all. What about him makes you think hes Culpepper? or not someone to build around? Just curious.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: