Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Thread We're OTC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super_dude3608 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
It kinda ruins the anticipation of draft knowing we are gonna draft Clowney and deal with that for the next 5 years before he bolts in free agency.
Don't speak too soon.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8375/jadeveon-clowney
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346538/article/texans-contemplate-passing-on-jadeveon-clowney-with-no-1-pick

With Schefter's name being mentioned in the report, I'm still holding out hope that it's not just an oddly placed smokescreen.

Im hoping Rick Smith is trolling the media because if we take anyone other than Clowney at 1 Imma be mad and I wont be the only one. I can deal with Mack, but only if we trade back and get picks. Rick Smith said he already knows who is want, but if he trades back how can he be so sure the guy he wants will be on the board still? I smell a smokescreen.

Just stay put and take Clowney 1 and make him fit in the defense. If he goes 3 to the Jags we will regret it for the next 10 years.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
super_dude3608 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
It kinda ruins the anticipation of draft knowing we are gonna draft Clowney and deal with that for the next 5 years before he bolts in free agency.
Don't speak too soon.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8375/jadeveon-clowney
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346538/article/texans-contemplate-passing-on-jadeveon-clowney-with-no-1-pick

With Schefter's name being mentioned in the report, I'm still holding out hope that it's not just an oddly placed smokescreen.

Im hoping Rick Smith is trolling the media because if we take anyone other than Clowney at 1 Imma be mad and I wont be the only one. I can deal with Mack, but only if we trade back and get picks. Rick Smith said he already knows who is want, but if he trades back how can he be so sure the guy he wants will be on the board still? I smell a smokescreen.

Just stay put and take Clowney 1 and make him fit in the defense. If he goes 3 to the Jags we will regret it for the next 10 years.

This is just someone making stuff up to cause drama. It doesn't fit with anything. Smith said he knows who he will take at 1, now a "source" says he is thinking about passing on Clowney? By this point they know who is getting picked

It can't be a smoke screen for 2 reasons. 1. We are picking first so no one can jump us and take out guy. 2. The only player someone is trading to #1 to get is Clowney, so us saying we aren't taking him makes no absolutely no sense. Must be a slow day in the media world.

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
super_dude3608

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
is just someone making stuff up to cause drama. It doesn't fit with anything. Smith said he knows who he will take at 1, now a "source" says he is thinking about passing on Clowney? By this point they know who is getting picked

It can't be a smoke screen for 2 reasons. 1. We are picking first so no one can jump us and take out guy. 2. The only player someone is trading to #1 to get is Clowney, so us saying we aren't taking him makes no absolutely no sense. Must be a slow day in the media world.
The other possibility to consider is that the interest in Clowney has been a smokescreen to try and bait a trade up for him.

I wouldn't even feel comfortable trading down with Atlanta at number six though, considering there's not 6 elite level prospects that we need, meaning we could be left drafting outside of need or reaching for a guy that doesn't deserve top pick kinds of money. Our best course would be to draft Clowney, then tell Atlanta to take Mack or Bortles or what have you, then have a post-draft trade. That way, if one of our guys doesn't fall to six, we still have Clowney.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

super_dude3608 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
is just someone making stuff up to cause drama. It doesn't fit with anything. Smith said he knows who he will take at 1, now a "source" says he is thinking about passing on Clowney? By this point they know who is getting picked

The other possibility to consider is that the interest in Clowney has been a smokescreen to try and bait a trade up for him.

I wouldn't even feel comfortable trading down with Atlanta at number six though, considering there's not 6 elite level prospects that we need, meaning we could be left drafting outside of need or reaching for a guy that doesn't deserve top pick kinds of money. Our best course would be to draft Clowney, then tell Atlanta to take Mack or Bortles or what have you, then have a post-draft trade. That way, if one of our guys doesn't fall to six, we still have Clowney.
People trade up for QB's and elite talent. Elite talent would be Clowney and possibly Mack. The only QB i could see people trading up for is Manziel, but you have to really be in love with him to do so. Alot of what we hear for the next few days will be smokescreens.

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we take Mack. Safest pick in the draft

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

IMO, there's only 2 safe picks in this draft and that's Watkins and Robinson, everyone else has some kind of question marks around them.
super_dude3608

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this interest in Mack is a smokescreen, then it's a pretty counter-productive one. Smith has made it abundantly clear that Houston's preferred choice with our pick would be to trade down, so it would make sense to make the rest of the league believe that they wouldn't have a shot with Clowney unless they trade up to number one with us. But now, if there's belief swirling that Mack or someone else goes first overall, then other teams would much rather wait it out and trade up to number two with the Rams, who have also been shopping their pick, to get Clowney at a lower cost. I can't see how a Mack smokescreen would do anything but hurt our chances at making a trade by making teams think that they could wait on the guy we all know that they really want. So the more I think about it the more it seems possible that it's actual leaked information that Smith has Mack ranked higher.

Just my interpretation, of course. Maybe there's a perspective that I'm not considering, so if someone can shed some light on why it'd be beneficial to spread lies about our interest in Mack, then I'd like to hear it.

Last edited by super_dude3608 on Mon May 05, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

IMO, there's only 2 safe picks in this draft and that's Watkins and Robinson, everyone else has some kind of question marks around them.

WRs are never safe picks

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
dsorc

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two things that are clear about this years Texans draft preparations: No matter the pick there will be some fans that won't like it, and they've done a great job of keeping the public confused. We are just a couple of days before the draft and nobody knows who the pick will be, nobody even knows what position it will be. There has been little information of what is the plan for next year. As a fan, it is a bit frustrating because I have no clue how competitive we might be. But at the same time, there is some value in keeping everybody guessing. We really should give props to this front office for driving us nuts (and hopefully the rest of the league as well) with the lack of information. If I put myself in Rick Smith's shoes, I think the target is Bridgewater and the hope is we can trade down and still get him. I don't buy into his media driven drop as most of the concerns have little to do with his game tape.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the team with the first pick still make the pick before the draft starts?

If so please hurry up and do it Laughing

Sitting at pick four your pick is really important as to who we end up taking.

If you take Manziel I'm going to be sad.

If you take Carr t'm going to be happy. Lots of reports saing the Browns want him. He looks worse than his brother to me.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Espn bloggers mock draft made this trade

Emily Schaible, ESPN.com
Trade details:
BUF receives:
2014 first-round pick (No. 1 overall)
HOU receives:
2014 first-round pick (No. 9 overall)
2014 second-round pick (No. 41 overall)
2015 first-round pick
2015 third-round pick
2016 second-round pick

I would take that trade in a heart beat

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter King has the Texans taking Mack #1. He states that he has just as much of the measurables and almost as much upside. Just a safer pick, and the kid is relentless with a non stop motor. While Clowney seems to be just in cruise control on some plays.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
mse326

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
The Espn bloggers mock draft made this trade

Emily Schaible, ESPN.com
Trade details:
BUF receives:
2014 first-round pick (No. 1 overall)
HOU receives:
2014 first-round pick (No. 9 overall)
2014 second-round pick (No. 41 overall)
2015 first-round pick
2015 third-round pick
2016 second-round pick

I would take that trade in a heart beat

Nope. That 2016 pick needs to be a first round pick.

#JDI
mse326

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Peter King has the Texans taking Mack #1. He states that he has just as much of the measurables and almost as much upside. Just a safer pick, and the kid is relentless with a non stop motor. While Clowney seems to be just in cruise control on some plays.

Peter King is a reporter not an analyst and certainly not a scout. His word means nothing.

Everyone who scouts for a living is in agreement that Clowney's upside is far greater than anyone in this draft.

#JDI
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we end up with Mack / Shazier & Bridgewater, I will be completely ok with that... especially after reading this piece

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/daily-extras/nfl-hopeful-teddy-bridgewater-surprises-his-survivor-mom-with-ultimate-mothers-day-gift
1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46

Jump to: