You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Thread We're OTC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
1. Tajh Boyd QB
2. Cameron Erving OL
3. Denzel Perryman ILB
4. Damian Swann CB

This is my Mock draft so far if we draft #10

JMO. I don't like Boyd, weak arm, having watched film and games on this guy he doesn't impress me. Most of his throws are short crossing routes, short come back routes, throws into the flat. and/or to a stationary receiver. Also when he does throw down field he has way to much air under the ball and his receivers are either stopping or slowing down for the ball. I like Erving, don't know anything about Perryman, and I think Swann will be gone by this pick with CB's being a highly coveted position.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
canyon1 wrote:
1. Tajh Boyd QB
2. Cameron Erving OL
3. Denzel Perryman ILB
4. Damian Swann CB

This is my Mock draft so far if we draft #10

JMO. I don't like Boyd, weak arm, having watched film and games on this guy he doesn't impress me. Most of his throws are short crossing routes, short come back routes, throws into the flat. and/or to a stationary receiver. Also when he does throw down field he has way to much air under the ball and his receivers are either stopping or slowing down for the ball. I like Erving, don't know anything about Perryman, and I think Swann will be gone by this pick with CB's being a highly coveted position.

Im not a fan of Boyd like I was last season, but dont that reminds you or something and someone? Laughing

We have to hope Hundley and Mariota comes out to make the draft class deeper. I wonder if Rick Smith will have the balls to trade up and get one of them. After Bridgewater, Hundley, Boyd, and Mariota (guess you can put Manziel on the list too although Im not a fan of him) the QB class gets weak.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hundley Plz Pray

Dude is gonna be a beast.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in agreement that I dont understand the fascination by what seems like most people with Boyd. Im not saying he is hot garbage, but I dont see him as elite in anyway. Feels kind of like people expected him to be so good out of highschool, and then he played for so long....so he must be good right? Kind of like Barkley out of USC. Just meh.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Hundley Plz Pray

Dude is gonna be a beast.

It won't take much more suckitude for us to get Hundley, but we need Tampa, Buffalo, and Oakland to win some games. Hundley needs some experience but I really like what I see in him.
buckwild

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OL should be number 1 priority as it doesn't matter who the QB is if he doesn't have any time to throw, and the play action sets up the big plays. DT is number 1a as teams are running all over us, and this is a deep draft for DT so we could get a good one in the 2nd. Then you can start talking about QB as Aaron Murray/ A.J. McCarron would look nice in a Texans jersey.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
The OL should be number 1 priority as it doesn't matter who the QB is if he doesn't have any time to throw, and the play action sets up the big plays. DT is number 1a as teams are running all over us, and this is a deep draft for DT so we could get a good one in the 2nd. Then you can start talking about QB as Aaron Murray/ A.J. McCarron would look nice in a Texans jersey.

Neither of them are franchise QB's. The true potential franchise guys are Hundley, Bridgewater, and maybe Manziel and Mariota.

While I agree we need a new RT, it's not a 1st round need. But def 2nd/3rd.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're gonna need to add starting caliber talent on both lines in this draft. Our DL is thin and Newton simply isnt good enough to be more than a backup. I think he's plateau'd.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing Cushing being out for the season ILB HAS to be a huge need now. We should have addressed it early in the draft this year, but we didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draft needs

RT
ILB
OLB
CB
S
G
Cole416

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
draft needs

RT
ILB
OLB
CB
S
G

What happened to Quessenberry? Is he not gonna be playing RT next year? Along with Brennan Williams?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cole416 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
draft needs

RT
ILB
OLB
CB
S
G

What happened to Quessenberry? Is he not gonna be playing RT next year? Along with Brennan Williams?

I can't really take either one of these two seriously at this stage. Both are inexperienced, and (well, at least in the case of Williams) an injury concern. In the case of Quessenberry...I thought he was being billed as a LG for this team. Nonetheless, probably not the answer.

I'm not advocating Jake Matthews or anything, but really shoring up the spot is a need.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Cole416 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
draft needs

RT
ILB
OLB
CB
S
G

I can't really take either one of these two seriously at this stage. Both are inexperienced, and (well, at least in the case of Williams) an injury concern. In the case of Quessenberry...I thought he was being billed as a LG for this team. Nonetheless, probably not the answer.

I'm not advocating Jake Matthews or anything, but really shoring up the spot is a need.

agreed, and I say draft needs because I don't think we will have money in free agency to shore these up, even though Id prefer some vets on defense....and new coaches
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
draft needs

RT
ILB
OLB
CB
S
G

I agree with your list of need but I'd also add QB regardless of how good Keenum might play this season, provided he gets to play again because Schaub might be back in 2 weeks. I think a very good/great pick at OLB frees us to move Brooks Reed to ILB where I think he'd be much better for the team. I'm also realizing we've got more holes that early draft picks and can't fill them all. I'd be happy if we traded down in the 1st and added an extra 2nd and 3rd round picks. I think a RT can be had in the 3rd and with Quessenberry playing at LG then we only need some depth at OG thus a 5th or 6th round pick.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing this draft plays to our needs. OT tackle class seems to be deep with Jake Matthews, Cyrus Kouandjio, Taylor Lewan, Anthony Richardson and Cameron Erving all drawing 1st round consideration early in the season. If I see Derrek Newton at RT one more time, Im going to lose it. QB class is better than last year's, but if we need need other teams to win for us to get a 1st round worth QB. After Bridgewater, Hundley, and Mariota, Im not a huge fan of the other QBs that could go in round 1 like Boyd (saw the game vs FSU and he was horrible), Manziel and Mettenberger.

As of right now I would say our needs are:

1a: ILB
1b: RT
2: QB
3. S
4. OLB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 3 of 46

Jump to: