Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm pretty positive Percy Harvin is dynamic. And I'm also positive he would make our offense much better and know where he would fit in. He wasn't the top recruit coming out of high school and a first round pick for nothing. Before last season and now he really hadn't missed too many games. Yes he had been banged up but he didn't miss that much. Your comments are just uneducated and self opinionated and hold no factual proof.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
2. I don't care if we won. I don't care if it was statistically his "best game". I was reminded today that Russell Wilson still has a few things to work on. When pressure is being rounded out like that from the edges, you HAVE to step up in the pocket. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to step into pressure. You can take a quick step up and THEN run toward whichever sideline. But this run backwards and do a few spins is not going to cut it. I feel like whenever he gets sacked we lose 15 yards. He needs to realize that these guys were almost purely speed rushing our tackles and he can't do that.

3. I don't know why I'm making this a third point, because it stems off of "what Wilson needs to fix". I'm still not seeing nearly enough anticipatory throws in his game. Sure, I love the rollouts and the extended plays and everything else he brings to the table, but how about some nice fundamental 3 step drops and just tossing strikes? Obviously it's easy to say that from my armchair without seeing everything that's going on downfield, but I still do worry about Wilson's vision within the pocket at times. When pressure is being brought like it was today we should see a lot more quick drops with quick releases.
Thank you for also being willing to admit that while Russell is awesome, he's not perfect.

Russell's big issue at the beginning of last year was trying to roll out around the outside of his tackle rather than running behind the back side.
He fixed it quickly and it made a world of difference. I don't want to see him revert back.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
imani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not going to overreact to anything from week one. Last season we started off slow by losing to the cardinals led by John Skelton and Kevin Kolb...that happened. Those same cardinals went 4-0 and still missed the playoffs.

How the season finishes is much more important than how it starts. That said, let's go win this on sunday so we can start 3-0

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We held Cam Newton to 163 total yards of offense. That's the lowest total of his NFL career.

Interesting stat for those who need a confidence boost about last week's game.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I'm just not going to overreact to anything from week one. Last season we started off slow by losing to the cardinals led by John Skelton and Kevin Kolb...that happened. Those same cardinals went 4-0 and still missed the playoffs.

How the season finishes is much more important than how it starts. That said, let's go win this on sunday so we can start 3-0

? You acting like the following week is a given or did you mean to put 2-0? As bad as the Jags are, no game is a given. We lost quite a few games we feel we should have won last year.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
imani wrote:

? You acting like the following week is a given or did you mean to put 2-0? As bad as the Jags are, no game is a given. We lost quite a few games we feel we should have won last year.

jags are at home for us.....

wwhickok wrote:

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
imani wrote:

As good as we are at home, I hope the players don't go into that game expecting an automatic win. That is how good teams lose games they should win. I hope they come out and play their best, regardless of who they see in front of them.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
imani wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
imani wrote:

As good as we are at home, I hope the players don't go into that game expecting an automatic win. That is how good teams lose games they should win. I hope they come out and play their best, regardless of who they see in front of them.

That's the beauty of Centurylink, they bring the best out of us up there 8 times a season. The jags are just so awful. They have MJD, a great punter and...yeah. The talent is just too great in our favor for any factors to count against us if we play seahawks football. If we lose that game, we'd have huge issues beyond effort level that the jags were somehow able to exploit.

You never want your favorite team to overlook somebody, but we should destroy the jags for 3 quarters, sit our starters, give the backups some playing time and start preparing for our first huge road test of this season against the Texans.

wwhickok wrote:

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
imani wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
imani wrote:

That's the beauty of Centurylink, they bring the best out of us up there 8 times a season. The jags are just so awful. They have MJD, a great punter and...yeah. The talent is just too great in our favor for any factors to count against us if we play seahawks football. If we lose that game, we'd have huge issues beyond effort level that the jags were somehow able to exploit.

You never want your favorite team to overlook somebody, but we should destroy the jags for 3 quarters, sit our starters, give the backups some playing time and start preparing for our first huge road test of this season against the Texans.

I agree, but "should" doesn't mean will. 99 times out of 100, we beat them. I don't ever ignore the long shot though. These are NFL teams. Every team has talented players, obviously with some teams much better than others. Still, I really hope the Seahawks do not underestimate anyone. I'd rather have them come to kick some butt and win 70-0 rather than them think this game is a given and lose a heartbreaker 17-14 because they thought they could coast through.

I get what you're saying and I agree, we SHOULD win. I'm not marking it as a win though and I wouldn't mark a win early against anyone, at least until it's late in the 3rd with a 28+ point lead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: