Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
imani wrote:
BangBang wrote:
Plush wrote:
These are the types of wins all good teams need. We faced adversity and did not panick, Carroll included.

The Panthers were one DeAngelo Williams fumble away from winning. Laughing Laughing Laughing

49ers: 27
Seahawks:16

Do you know what a forced fumble is? Do you know what a two minute drill is? Do you remember what happened last year in our house?

Yeah, yeah... I know... that was your Super Bowl, how cute. The previous week we were in Foxboro and played the Game of The Year against the Patriots in the rain. A game in which the defense was on the field for a ridiculous amount of plays. Clearly gassed, having to travel all the way back to the West Coast on a short week and play in your stadium when you were hot.

It was what it was, and we lost, but it wasn't a big deal.

Good thing it wasn't YOUR superbowl....you lost Laughing

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
BangBang

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
BangBang wrote:
imani wrote:
BangBang wrote:
Plush wrote:
These are the types of wins all good teams need. We faced adversity and did not panick, Carroll included.

The Panthers were one DeAngelo Williams fumble away from winning. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Do you know what a forced fumble is? Do you know what a two minute drill is? Do you remember what happened last year in our house?

Yeah, yeah... I know... that was your Super Bowl, how cute. The previous week we were in Foxboro and played the Game of The Year against the Patriots in the rain. A game in which the defense was on the field for a ridiculous amount of plays. Clearly gassed, having to travel all the way back to the West Coast on a short week and play in your stadium when you were hot.

Yeah, well... umm... whatever! Laughing

Well played... Very Happy
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
BangBang wrote:
imani wrote:
BangBang wrote:
Plush wrote:

Lmao, nice.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Clem is good to go this week. The D-line just looks so bad without him out there. There's no intensity or fire under any of them.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a friendly!!!!

I know you guys had a lot of injuries this week. Any news of who will be coming back? In assuming browner for sure... And possibly avril?

new sig... sorry alex
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
I'm a friendly!!!!

I know you guys had a lot of injuries this week. Any news of who will be coming back? In assuming browner for sure... And possibly avril?

Browner should absolutely be back barring a set back. I also expect Avril to play, he was very close this week. I think there's a real chance Clemons plays as well, likely in a limited role tho.

I can't wait for this game, its going to be fun. As Tats pointed out Browner and Boldin could be a fantastic match up, I really hope we get to see that.

Also interested in how Kaep deals with the 12th man, he looked very rattled and uncomfortable to me the last time he was in here.

Can't wait for Kam first big boom of the season, maybe Davis gets taken for another ride Wink
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
I'm a friendly!!!!

Browner should absolutely be back barring a set back. I also expect Avril to play, he was very close this week. I think there's a real chance Clemons plays as well, likely in a limited role tho.

I can't wait for this game, its going to be fun. As Tats pointed out Browner and Boldin could be a fantastic match up, I really hope we get to see that.

Also interested in how Kaep deals with the 12th man, he looked very rattled and uncomfortable to me the last time he was in here.

Can't wait for Kam first big boom of the season, maybe Davis gets taken for another ride Wink

I don't think that Clemons plays. Pete said that he's only been practising for a week and I wouldn't want to rush Clem back, especially considering that he's ahead of his rehab schedule.

Browner and Avril are very likely to play though.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a chance to watch the game. I successfully shut myself off from society until I was able to see the game. I didn't even know the score/results to any other game in the league, so I essentially treated today as my Sunday as I watched it on DVR Laughing This game just felt so eerily similar to last year's game in Carolina...it was odd.

1. I'm only making this number 1 because I've been saying it for much of the offseason. Walter Thurmond was getting worked on the outside early in this game. Seemed as though the coaching staff realized that and started throwing Maxwell out there who responded really well in coverage (albeit had a really bad missed tackle). Still love Thurmond as our Nickel, but I don't think he has the desired size to start for us on the outside. Maxwell continues to shine in coverage whenever we throw him out there.

2. I don't care if we won. I don't care if it was statistically his "best game". I was reminded today that Russell Wilson still has a few things to work on. When pressure is being rounded out like that from the edges, you HAVE to step up in the pocket. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to step into pressure. You can take a quick step up and THEN run toward whichever sideline. But this run backwards and do a few spins is not going to cut it. I feel like whenever he gets sacked we lose 15 yards. He needs to realize that these guys were almost purely speed rushing our tackles and he can't do that.

3. I don't know why I'm making this a third point, because it stems off of "what Wilson needs to fix". I'm still not seeing nearly enough anticipatory throws in his game. Sure, I love the rollouts and the extended plays and everything else he brings to the table, but how about some nice fundamental 3 step drops and just tossing strikes? Obviously it's easy to say that from my armchair without seeing everything that's going on downfield, but I still do worry about Wilson's vision within the pocket at times. When pressure is being brought like it was today we should see a lot more quick drops with quick releases.

4. Why the hell are we playing so conservative? Does Bevell have this internal rule that states he can't call deep passes until we've established a successful run game to play action off of? I thought it was hilarious that he calls the first 25+ pass in the 4th quarter, sees that it's effective, and it's almost like the light bulb goes off in his mind and he calls it again. Have you seen this Carolina secondary? We should have been attacking them deep all day long.

5. I can't believe it took me this long to talk about the offensive line. I'm getting angry just thinking about that group. I want to find a way to lock Pete Carroll in a dark room with a low hanging, dimly lit light bulb and interrogate him on the REAL reason he's starting J.R. Sweezy, because the guy is absolutely, indisputably horrendous. The only reason every Hawks fan currently residing in the state of Washington isn't lining up to sign a petition to get that bum out of town is because Paul McQuistin and Breno Giacomini managed to look like trash often enough to divert the attention away from him. And why the hell are we "rotating" LGs? We get it, neither are good, but freaking stick with one of them so at least the group as a whole can get comfortable. Or better yet, put Alvin Bailey at RG if you actually want to be respected as the coach always yelling about competition. Bailey was perhaps our best looking offensive lineman in the offseason and he's just rotting on the bench so this idiot Sweezy can figure out if he's an offensive or defensive lineman. "It's Not Easy Being Sweezy". No, it actually seems pretty easy: you can be a project 7th round pick, be bar-none the worst starter on a Superbowl contending team, and the coaching staff will continue to coddle you as if you were a top 15 pick that they are banking on to succeed. You, sir, are trash, and I fail to see this "night and day" difference the coaching staff was blowing out of their air holes all summer long. But I wanna go back to McQuistin again, that ginger-headed monster-looking mass of uselessness. I actually saw him square up today and get PUSHED OVER ON HIS BACK by a blitzing linebacker that he CLEARLY identified rushing him. How the coaches can go back during the week, put on that game film, and do anything but laugh and move his name down to 3rd string is absolutely beyond me. "Oh, but he's versatile!". Great, show your versatility on the sideline by providing our resting defense with 4 different flavors of Gatorade that you brewed yourself, Paul. Because outside of that, your versatility means crap to me.

Breno, you were a Frank Alexander haymaker away from being roasted as well, but I'll lay off another week so I can see you get obliterated by the 49ers and act like the baddest guy on the field. All in all, this OLine was pathetic today.

6. Okay, #5 was pretty harsh. I'll mellow out a little and shed some light on it. That Carolina Panthers front 7 is damn good! I can usually tell the difference between an abysmal OLine performance and a great front 7 performance, and while I believe this was a combination of the two evils, there's really no doubt that this Panthers DLine is special. Coming into the game you knew we were going to see two of the most underrated but talented DEs in Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson. Honestly, no shame in getting beat by those guys a few times. What really surprised me was how strong their interior was. Star Lotuleilei was my #1 prospect in this past draft, and he looked every bit the part of that ranking. Panthers got a very special player on the inside if he keeps playing like that, and I even saw Osprey's boy Kawaan Short giving us some fits. Not to mention that Luke Kuechly kid was every bit as special as advertised. As a person that loves defense and gets to watch Seattle, I have to appreciate and respect what the Panthers are building over there. In reality, their entire team was surprisingly efficient at tackling. It's not often you walk away from a Sunday wondering if Marshawn Lynch broke a tackle or not.

7. Let's get to our defense now. I wanna talk about the defensive line. It really pains me to how mightily they struggled today. Of course, a lot of that has to do with the guys we had missing. When your presumed best two pass rushers are out, as well as a rookie DT that was shining during the offseason, it's tough to look like a formidable group. But the weird thing is....the backups aren't the ones who were holding us back, it was the guys you expect to see in there every week. For anyone that wanted to see how Red Bryant would look with an offseason to recover and refocus, here ya go. He was just as much a pile of crap as I remember him being. He probably made 2 to 3 impact plays, and I don't even mean 2 to 3 plays where he was directly involved. I mean 2 to 3 plays where he either commanded a double team that sprung a LB, spread a play horizontally to set the edge, shed a block to fight off another block, or literally anything else positive. He is borderline useless out there as a DE and it almost feels like we're playing 11 vs 10 when he's lined up there. I don't feel as bad with him at DT, because at least then the opposing OLine is foolish enough to think Red deserves a double team, but on the outside he is just brutal. I don't know what happened to the player we saw in 2011 that literally shut down every play ran his way, but that guy is long gone and has since been replaced by 340 pounds of pure, unadulterated uselessness. Color me not a fan. O'Brien Schofield was the only one who even remotely came to play in this unit and a small part of me is happy that Benson Mayowa was exposed for the fraud some anticipated he would be. That's great that he made some plays against 3rd and 4th stringers, but even during the preseason he was invisible versus the oppositions starters. I was not expecting anything from him in this game and in that sense he did not disappoint. Only time I even remember seeing his named called is when he dropped back in coverage and didn't press the sideline.

8. We're awfully lucky this secondary is so good and Greg Olsen decided to eat popcorn before the game.

9. Was Christine Michael inactive this game? Because I don't see any reason why we would have perhaps our most electric skill position player riding the pine while we are unable to get our running game going. I don't want to hate on Lynch and Turbin, but my god they have to be the two slowest starting RBs of any team in the entire league. I love their power, but where's the change of pace? The Panthers were just keying in on those two guys with gap assignment and fundamental tackling, whereas a guy like Michael could have seriously opened up this offense. He absolutely needs to be involved next week.

10. Chop Chop! Was so happy to see him score. Love that guy. I was working the UW vs Boise State game and happened to run into him afterward and got a picture with him. I know, I know, you're jelly. Peanut butter.

As of right now, we're not ready for the 49ers. Hindsight being 20/20, I'm really glad we sat Browner and Avril.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful post SoS, made my morning.

I listened to the 4th quarter on the radio, while laying in bed, so I'm not real qualified to comment on the specifics, so I will put my overall thoughts out here.

In spite of the many negatives that were highlighted in SoS' post, the one positive that I took away from this game was that the 'Hawks showed a gritty mental toughness on Sunday. To go into the opener on the east coast, hot and humid temps, play sub-par football in the trenches, have the O-line get manhandled, have no run game, and STILL make enough plays to win the game? That shows me heart.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely disappointed in the level of performance that this team brought, but these are the kind of games that test a teams intestinal fortitude and character. We passed that test, even if we failed the skills test. Sometimes winning ugly is just as important as winning big.

Moving forward, I fully agree that we are not ready for the 49ers yet, but Cable's got a week to get the O-line there, time for some magic. This is going to be a huge game. The home crowd will be a big boost, I really hope the team raises it's skill level up to match what the Clink will bring.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think that Red was bad as you thought SoS. He didn't as good as he did in 2011 but he wasn't the complete liability that he was in 2012. He did make some stops, although Tony McDaniel outplayed him for sure.

Ideally, I would like the team to go to a more traditional front-7 (which is possible with the current personnel, but I doubt that Pete ever makes the move) but I cannot say that Red is the answer at LE. On the other hand, Kam looked great in run defense.

O-Line? I won't go there but I too am sick of the 'O-Line rotation' that Pete is doing at the moment. I am concerned that Tom Cable is the real problem here, because he does have a lot of control over personnel decisions. (I also believe that Alvin Bailey was inactive. Why? I cannot say).

Optimistically speaking, I expect the team to be a lot different against the 9ers. I noticed that the heat affected many of the players, Avril and Browner should be back and the 12th man should really rattle Kaep at the line.

This game was difficult to watch but Russell got it done. He had everything against him and he still pulled it off. I am intrigued to know how much he distrusts his pass protection, because his tendency to NOT step up is partly due to that.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS, you need to make the GDT this week as this is probably our GOTY. We set the tone for the entire season for both our our success and this division while trying to break the world decibel record for outdoor sports.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops

Last edited by Plush on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best point made so far in this thread is that Russell doesn't trust the oline. We didn't see him found back as much in the back half of last season when the blockers started to gel. On one time he did try to step up in the pocket he was strip sacked.

I think everybody knocked the rust of well this game. Gimme plays we're missed, tackles were whiffed and interceptions were dropped. We still got the dub
BangBang

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was harping about fixing the O-Line at the end of last year. Wilson can only do so much himself. We need to protect our franchise QB. If we can buy him an extra couple seconds, he will pick apart ANY defense in this league. I want to go after Offense hard. A top tier O-Line not only can protect him when dropping back and allow more room to run if he wants to, but will also improve our run first offense dramatically. Even with a sub-par O-Line last year, our run game was top notch. Can you imagine what we could do with a top 5 O-Line? Makes me smile just thinking of the possibilities.

Hopefully, Marcel Reese hits free agency and the Seahawks make him an offer. Outside of that, I'd like to focus on defense in free agency and leave the draft for Offense. If there's anyway we can get back a 3rd, we're golden.

Top 4 rounds could be OT, OG, TE, WR(If Sidney Rice is let go and there's a big body available). The 2 main WR's I want won't be available in the 3rd anyway, so using a 4th to move up at some point for the guy they want is fine by me. 1st round is a toss up between TE & OT. I expect ASJ to be gone, but Colt Lyerla may very well be available at our pick. OT seems to be pretty strong at the top of the draft as well, so even though you can get a RT later on in the draft, it would be hard to pass on someone who would be worth a top 15 selection at the end of the 1st in other drafts. Moving up for Su'a-Filo might be a good choice as well in the 2nd.

Okung // Su'a-Filo // Unger // Bailey // Richardson-Hurst-????

That would be a mighty fine start to repairing the biggest issue with our team. If O-Line is ravaged before our pick, weapons would be a nice fall-back option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: