Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finchy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks

@

Carolina Panthers

Key Players:

Seattle:

Carolina
:

Keys to Victory:

Containing the Panthers Front Seven:
This might be the most talented d-line and linebacking group in the NFL, with two proven pass rushers on the outside, a stud rookie in the middle, and a linebacker group led by the impressive Kuechly. The O-Line will have to be at the top of its game to allow the run game to succeed, creating opportunities for play-action against a weak secondary.

Steve Smith vs Richard Sherman:
Last year, Sherman was able to get into his head, resulting in Smith being more interested in fighting than catching the pigskin. Look for All-Pro Stanford graduate to be up to his usual tricks again, as the Panthers receiving without the highly-underrated Smith is not the most talented.

Getting to Cam:
With Stewart out of the game, and Tolbert still a doubt, the Panthers will be leaning on Newton to make things happen. After a slow start to the 2012 season, Cam showed the league how talented he is in the latter half. Without last season's two best pass rushers and Gus Bradley off to the London Jaguars, look for Dan Quinn to dial up something other than the bog-standard four-man rushes we are so accustomed to in order to keep KillaCam in check.

Limit Penalties(I'm Looking at you, Breno!!!!):

Penalties have always been issue for the Seahawks under Pete Carroll, and if the preseason is anything to go by, they continue to be. In last years game, Giacomini was responsible for numerous penalties, resulting in Carroll pulling him out of the game. In what is likely to be a close one, it is important the Seahawks do not shoot themselves in the foot by giving Carolina free yards.

Prediction:

20-17 Seahawks

Go Hawks!!!!
imani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has hamstring injury

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/09/05/seahawks-cb-brandon-browner-has-hamstring-injury/

Quote:
Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman’s partner in the back of Seattle’s “Legion of Boom” secondary, is nursing a hamstring injury that could make him a game-time decision Sunday.

Browner’s limited participation in practice Wednesday came as a surprise to Seahawks fans and followers. He played without incident through the four preseason games, but has now been added to the official injuries list.

There he joins receivers Sidney Rice (knee) and Stephen Williams (concussion), both of whom are up in the air for Sunday’s season-opener at Carolina. Defensive tackles Brandon Mebane (groin) and Tony McDaniel (groin) also were limited participants Wednesday.

Defensive end Chris Clemons, who tore his ACL during the Redskins playoff in January and spent the offseason recovering from surgery, returned to the field Wednesday but did not practice, and is still expected to sit out Sunday. Rookies DT Jordan Hill (bicep) and offensive tackle Michael Bowie (shoulder) also did not practice.

If Browner has to miss a game or two, the Seahawks aren’t in terrible shape. In fact, cornerback Jeremy Lane filled in for Browner at the end of last season when Browner was serving a four-week PED suspension, and backups Walter Thurmond and Byron Maxwell provide great depth in the secondary.

For those of you that may be shrugging this off due to thurmond/maxwell, bare in my mind that Browner was one of the major reasons we were able to escape carolina with a win last season.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
klyon7634

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job on the GDT Finchy. We might have a replacement if SoS decides he doesnt want to do it anymore.

Will give a more in depth prediction tomorrow.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24-13 for me. I'm very interested in the Sherman/Smith matchup. Both will be jawing at each other all game.

Kempes

#JDI
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our run game vs there front 7 will be a good match up. we almost lost this game last year!

I will be there Wink

WINTER IS COMING
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely think this game is going to be close. The injury to Brandon Browner isn't going help. As Imani said, Browner was a huge factor in last years win. If he can't play, we just cant replace the physicality he beings to the position, his knack for creating turnovers even when the play seems lost. Is he the best cover corner? No, but he makes up for it and Lane and Maxwell haven't proven they can do what he does.

As for the rest of the game, hopefully the O-line has their stuff together. They are going to be a big factor in the success of our offense. They looked shaky at times in the preseason, especially against Green Bay's 1st string defense and they took a lot of penalties. Really, it was mainly Sweezy looking like a turnstile and Sweezy and Giacomini taking penalties. Those two need to be on point.

The defense is going to have to find a way to get pressure on Cam Newton. Newton is going to have to prove to me that he's matured before I'll believe it. If the front 4 can get pressure on him, I think he will wilt, but if he has all day to throw and run, then he can make big plays and we'll be in trouble.

I think this is going to be a close game, but I will put my money on Wilson coming through in the clutch over Newton, so I can rationalize a Seahawks win in my mind.

I say 65% chance the 'Hawks win., but I think it will be by less than 10 points. maybe 20-14 or something like that.

Sheldon Cooper
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why so many people might think this will be close, however, I don't see that happening.

Seattle wins 34-13 and I feel that 13 is generous.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would suck not having Browner, but I'm really not worried throwing Maxwell or Lane out there. Provides even more speed to our defense. Maxwell can hold his own IMO. I'm more worried about our pass rush.

My prediction is 24-13 Hawks

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Cliff Avril is going to play.
Finchy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 1m

#SEAvsCAR Game Status: OUT - Bowie, Hill, Clemons. DOUBTFUL - Avril. QUESTIONABLE - Browner. PROBABLE - Rice, Williams, McDaniel, Mebane

sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

Thats big, hopefully hes healthy enough to get pressure. Were going to need him and Schofield to step up for the 1st couple weeks until Clem and Bruce are back.

I think we should see Bennett alot this week with a guy like Cam back there and the fact that their running game shouldnt be very strong.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I see us losing is if Cam goes off or we just play lazy and give the game away. Other than that, this game is ours imo.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Plush

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

He's listed as doubtful
Plush

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
It would suck not having Browner, but I'm really not worried throwing Maxwell or Lane out there. Provides even more speed to our defense. Maxwell can hold his own IMO. I'm more worried about our pass rush.

What do we need speed for, LaFell? Ghettis? We need run contain, screen coverage, and the ability to press with our CBs, there may not be a better cb in the league at combining those three aspects than browner.

Lane is becoming one of the more overrated hawks, at least on here.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

What do we need speed for, LaFell? Ghettis? We need run contain, screen coverage, and the ability to press with our CBs, there may not be a better cb in the league at combining those three aspects than browner.

Lane is becoming one of the more overrated hawks, at least on here.

You can never have enough speed on the field. I doubt Lane would play over Maxwell. I'm not even saying we need more speed, I'm just saying if BB doesn't play than we will have more speed on the field. My main concern is pass rush. I def think Maxwell is capable of screen coverage and press vs their # 2 or 3 receivers.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: