Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Other Games Thread - Week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember this guy?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-safety-michael-huff-adjusting-to-backup-role-20131022,0,581295.story
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Remember this guy?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-safety-michael-huff-adjusting-to-backup-role-20131022,0,581295.story

Damn completely falling off the map. Guy just can't tackle in the open field or tackle in general for that matter. Anybody see Thomas Howard signed with the falcons.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
If Moore stays on pace, no one will want a WR at the end of the year.

I will. I want playmakers. Moore paired w/ a bigger go to type playmaker like Evans would be awesome. A QB that could play w/ them would be even better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

I will. I want playmakers. Moore paired w/ a bigger go to type playmaker like Evans would be awesome. A QB that could play w/ them would be even better.

Agree. Dont think we will have a another QB but we could get Evans with #1 and G. Jackson with #2 or D. Yankey with #3 and try and solidify the OG position. Get a DL in #2 or #3 depending and woo Michael Johnson over in FA. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if Reggie went after BJ Raji as well to replace Sims or move him down the depth chart.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Evans skillset translates big time. The X factor is he has that deceptive long speed at 6'5 that some of the bigger WRs don't have that makes it hard to separate. Throw in his catch radius he's a perfect target for Pryor or whoever. To the original point Moore is a nice player but still need to pair him with another reciever.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Remember this guy?

Another example of how we are quick to overrated talent around here. Further have to laugh at some posters on FF who thought he'd be an upgrade over the aging Ed Reed.

Huff was another in a long line of mediocre top 10 Raider draft picks. That was the year I really wanted Cutler who of course went to a rival. Thought he'd do well w/ Norv coaching.

Fun fact. Chuck Pagano was the DB coach for Huffs rookie year. Always forget that he was on the staff. Now he's a damn good HC in Indy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigP I know you don't like people saying we won't be drafting high and I agree anything can happen. But at this point I can not see us drafting above bucs jags and Vikings. If we end up ahead of any of those teams Dennis Allen should be fired.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
BigP I know you don't like people saying we won't be drafting high and I agree anything can happen. But at this point I can not see us drafting above bucs jags and Vikings. If we end up ahead of any of those teams Dennis Allen should be fired.

IMO, it all comes down to if Pryor stays healthy. If he goes down and they are forced to start Mcgloin it could get dicey.

But I agree w/ you. The Raiders schedule is manageable compared to the others you mentioned.

AZ and NY might factor in there as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Remember this guy?

Another example of how we are quick to overrated talent around here. Further have to laugh at some posters on FF who thought he'd be an upgrade over the aging Ed Reed.

Huff was another in a long line of mediocre top 10 Raider draft picks. That was the year I really wanted Cutler who of course went to a rival. Thought he'd do well w/ Norv coaching.

Fun fact. Chuck Pagano was the DB coach for Huffs rookie year. Always forget that he was on the staff. Now he's a damn good HC in Indy.

They switched Huff to SS his rookie. Actually covered TEs really well. Had one good year after that at FS. Reed isn't exactly lighting up a storm in Houston either.

Ross has been a pleasant surprise at SS here though.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Remember this guy?

They switched Huff to SS his rookie. Actually covered TEs really well. Had one good year after that at FS. Reed isn't exactly lighting up a storm in Houston either.

Meh.... Huff has been the same guy he was at Texas. You go back and watch him play and he was a poor tackler. He was always going high, which worked in college.

As for Ross, he has been a nice surprise. In fact, I'd argue he makes Branch expendable. If they could move him in the offseason, they should go for it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

I honestly wonder what a guy like Streater would be like with a good QB. He's played with nothing but bad QBs since he was at Temple. He bails out a lot of Pryor's bad throws and doesn't see many targets behind a bad OLine and a QB who probably holds on to the ball too long at times.

Evans reminds me of Vincent Jackson. Like to see how good he is outside of A&M's offensive powerhouse.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

I honestly wonder what a guy like Streater would be like with a good QB. He's played with nothing but bad QBs since he was at Temple. He bails out a lot of Pryor's bad throws and doesn't see many targets behind a bad OLine and a QB who probably holds on to the ball too long at times.

Evans reminds me of Vincent Jackson. Like to see how good he is outside of A&M's offensive powerhouse.

I didn't know that Evans was a WR for AnM, he might be a really got fit for Pryor then if we decide to keep him as the QB next year.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Remember this guy?

Meh.... Huff has been the same guy he was at Texas. You go back and watch him play and he was a poor tackler. He was always going high, which worked in college.

As for Ross, he has been a nice surprise. In fact, I'd argue he makes Branch expendable. If they could move him in the offseason, they should go for it.

I would think that as well except I think they are grooming Ross to be Woodson's eventual replacement. But ya really not much difference with him and Branch the last few games.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Same about Streater. Seems dependable and can make big plays as well as do the little things right.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Good comparison. I want see more in route progressions. However, what he does show is a wide catch radius, ability to catch anything in his direction and ability to make plays with the ball in his hands. Lot to like w/ him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 26 of 59

Jump to: